00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters.

92,830 Views | 1,521 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This is a club for people who enjoy cooking, baking, and eating.

I'll be posting some of the different desserts and meals that I have made in this thread. I'm not a professional by any means, but I do enjoy baking and cooking as a hobby. I'd also like to see some of your creations, ideas for food, or hear about meals or desserts that you've really enjoyed and why you enjoyed them.

Feel free to share your creations or reccomendations for foods or food places, as well as why you would or wouldn't like some type of food.

The first thing I'll be sharing is a White Strawberry Jell-O poke cake I made four the Fourth of July last year (pictured below). I made strawberry Jell-O, and baked a plain white cake. I then poked holes into the white cake with a straw after it had baked, and before the Jell-O had molded, I poured it into the white cake. I let the cake cool for a few hours, then I topped the cake with whipped white frosting, blueberries and strawberries in the shape of an American flag.

This cake was really good. It had the perfect sweet taste to it, and the fruit went so well with the taste of the Jell-O that was inside of the cake.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-12 18:26:51

At 6/12/16 05:58 PM, BonemanCharles wrote: But what im hoping to learn next is milanesa, I want to experiment with various breads crumbs and see if I can make a sweet and tasty variant. I also want to make a salty orange lemon flavored one with chicken.

The other thing I want to learn is lasagna

I had to google "Milanese" because I didn't know what it was. The chicken version sounds delicious. I also think Milanese in the Neapolitan style sounds pretty delicious.

Lasagna is a more time consuming dish to make from scratch. I've never made lasagna for this reason, but my favorite meal is spaghetti and I have made tons, and tons, and tons of spaghetti. I love spaghetti. Meatball's are another dish that appear really time consuming to make, as well.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-12 20:30:26

Tonight for dinner I placed four chicken breasts in a pan, diced up potatoes, sprinkled Italian dry dressing, and melted butter over top of the pan. I topped the pan with aluminum foil and baked the meal at 350 degrees for an hour.

The result was delicious tasting Italian chicken breast and potatoes.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-13 08:37:01

At 6/12/16 06:26 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
At 6/12/16 05:58 PM, BonemanCharles wrote:
Lasagna is a more time consuming dish to make from scratch. I've never made lasagna for this reason, but my favorite meal is spaghetti and I have made tons, and tons, and tons of spaghetti. I love spaghetti. Meatball's are another dish that appear really time consuming to make, as well.

My fiance is italian and lasagna or anything + meatballs is usually reserved for holidays/family shindigs.

That being said, a lot of the sauces and whatnot actually end up freezing really well. So it turns less into preparing a days meal and moreso into reserving a day for making all of the necessary shit in bulk batches and sticking them into a freezer and yanking them out for the meal.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-13 20:41:02

At 6/13/16 08:37 AM, Porkchop wrote: My fiance is italian and lasagna or anything + meatballs is usually reserved for holidays/family shindigs.

That being said, a lot of the sauces and whatnot actually end up freezing really well. So it turns less into preparing a days meal and moreso into reserving a day for making all of the necessary shit in bulk batches and sticking them into a freezer and yanking them out for the meal.

It makes sense to freeze those dishes, due to the amount of effort that goes into making them. When I first looked up how to make homemade meatballs, I was like "holy shit..." I usually always freeze any leftover spaghetti sauce when I make spaghetti, and then thaw it the day before making spaghetti.

I think I'll try making a homemade lasagna, and make a large batch, and then freeze portions of it for meals at a later date.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-13 21:19:08

I took a frozen batch of sauce, thawed and thickened it a bit with some flour, and made a big ass zucchini boat. It was cool for me cause I had this shit on hand, farmers markets all up in my grill for the zucchini too.

No pics cause Im a lazy cunt. You can go full wop mode and make your own sauce or just do some prego stuff, you cheap bastard.

First up, chop that bitch in half, vertically. You wanna hollow out your gourd of its seeds, might take a bit of the flesh out too, but that's okay. Make it hollow enough to hold your sauce, wink wink.

Next up, saucing that bitch. In the meanwhile, get your oven going to about treefiddy. Toss that bitch on a cookie sheet and dump your sauce all in its cavity. Overflowing it a bit looks yummy and perverted enough to enjoy with family and friends, so go nuts. Toss the whole thing in the oven for about....fuck, I dont remember. About 35 minutes is probably good. Just long enough so the zucchini is tender.

Lastly, once you hit that sweet tender spot, yank that bitch out and just bukkake it with some cheese. This is basically an italian dish, so go nuts on that mozzarella or provolone or frumunda, whatever you got is probably good.

Serving it up, I like to throw a side with it, but I base that off of how many people I got stuffing face. Basically, you're gonna just slice it up and go to town on it.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-14 13:45:18

At 6/13/16 09:19 PM, Porkchop wrote: I took a frozen batch of sauce, thawed and thickened it a bit with some flour, and made a big ass zucchini boat. It was cool
Next up, saucing that bitch. In the meanwhile, get your oven going to about treefiddy. Toss that bitch on a cookie sheet and dump your sauce all in its cavity. Overflowing it a bit looks yummy and perverted enough to enjoy with family and friends, so go nuts. Toss the whole thing in the oven for about....fuck, I dont remember.

Is "big ass zucchini boat" the official name for this, or does this recipe go by some other term?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-14 13:46:20

At 6/13/16 10:42 PM, BonemanCharles wrote: Regular beef is also good, especially with gravy and fries
you can try different breadcrumbs for a variety of flavors

That gravy and fries bit sounds really good!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-14 14:15:32

At 6/14/16 01:59 PM, zornuzkull wrote: A woman who can cook? Tell me this isn't some strange parallel dimension?

Do you have a productive comment to contribute to this thread?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-14 14:48:42

At 6/14/16 02:17 PM, zornuzkull wrote:
At 6/14/16 02:15 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
At 6/14/16 01:59 PM, zornuzkull wrote: A woman who can cook? Tell me this isn't some strange parallel dimension?
Do you have a productive comment to contribute to this thread?
Probably not... But it will be good to try out some new recipes...

Stay tuned, then!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-14 14:53:31

At 6/14/16 01:45 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
At 6/13/16 09:19 PM, Porkchop wrote: Crapspackle
Is "big ass zucchini boat" the official name for this, or does this recipe go by some other term?

Probably. It's why I dont usually shitpost on Rum, but hey.

SPEAKING OF SHITPOSTING ON RUM. I decided to drink a lot more rum and ponder a more constructive use for my rum.

I present RUM CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES OMFG FUCKING NOM

Okay, this shit's super simple. First up, you need some tunes to craft some delicious fucking cookies with. Personally, I find Thrash Metal a perfect candidate to fill my kitchen when I do science. You do you, except they probably wont be as good without the metal.

Next up, grab you some shit. You'll need the traditional stuff

1/2 cup of butter, softened
1 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 large egg whites
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 – 2 tablespoons of spiced rum
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
Extra spiced rum for basting

So, you've got all that shit. Grooooovy. Go on ahead and mix up your butter and sugar. Should come out nice and thick. Mix up your salt, flour, baking soda in a separate bowl. Now you got a sugar butter catastrophe and some flour shit goin on in another bowl.

Two bowls, got it? Good. Next up, go and add your egg whites to the sugar butter catastrophe. I just took mine off some eggs, but if you use that egg beaters shit, figure your own shit out.

It's time to fold that shit together. Anyone who's made cookies knows what this bitch is all about. Slowly fold your flour back into the sugar butter mess and gradually thicken it. Once your flour's up, add in your chocolate chips.

Go on and preheat your oven to treefiddy and start balling your cookies up. Gonna want to grease up a cookie sheet and set them up. I left mine kinda lumpy because the next step is to baste some rum on them.

Toss them into the oven and bake them for about 11 minutes, or until lightly browned at the edges, as per usual. Stick them on a drying rack and summarily go to FUCKING TOWN on those bad boys.

Also, drink the rest of your rum. Just because you take it like one doesnt mean you get to go out like a bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-14 15:09:15

Pooped it a bit.

Make the balls a bit smaller, otherwise add a couple minutes to the bake time. Kinda beefed it there.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-14 17:54:03

There's already a really popular cooking club that started in 2004. :/

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/196705/3

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

At 6/12/16 08:30 PM, Kayleeee wrote: The result was delicious tasting Italian chicken breast and potatoes.

Delish! Can't really go wrong with chicken and potatoes. It's a go to meal for me.

Here is a chicken breast seasoned with ginger, sea salt, and sesame seeds; a spinach-based salad with balsamic tomatoes; and salted mashed avacado!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-14 18:12:24

At 6/14/16 03:09 PM, Porkchop wrote: Pooped it a bit.

Your recipe reminds me a bit of a peanut brittle recipe that has been passed around within my family. Notice the 6 pack on the list of ingredients.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-14 19:09:35

At 6/14/16 06:12 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
At 6/14/16 03:09 PM, Porkchop wrote: Pooped it a bit.
Your recipe reminds me a bit of a peanut brittle recipe that has been passed around within my family. Notice the 6 pack on the list of ingredients.
Drink a couple beers

Fuckin awesome. Looks good. Might toss some down tomorrow. Someone in Chat suggested bourbon cookies, so that might wait a bit.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-14 19:11:30

At 6/14/16 06:56 PM, BonemanCharles wrote: So, where did you guys learn to cook from? Family, friends, self taught, internet?

I just watch and learn from my parents; plus my famliy work in the restaurant biz, so they bring in recipes and stuff from work

Self taught/family. My family is mainly Mexican, so I learned loads of fun shit at their hands. Fiance is Italian, so I've picked up stuff from her too. There's a growing Asian community outside of Detroit, so I'm playing with loads of weird Asian shit too.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-14 19:12:32

At 6/14/16 06:52 PM, BonemanCharles wrote:
At 6/14/16 05:54 PM, Meowberry wrote: There's already a really popular cooking club that started in 2004.
I wouldnt say its popular, its been up for more than 10 years with only 66 posts

Wait really? I must have mixed up it's replies with another topic next to it.
Either way, it still does exist. :P

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-14 23:02:41

At 6/14/16 06:56 PM, BonemanCharles wrote: So, where did you guys learn to cook from? Family, friends, self taught, internet?

I grew up watching my dad cook in the kitchen, and started helping him out when I was a teenager. When I went to college I looked up recipes online and consulted my dad for additional tips. I generally just find a recipe that sounds good and make it. It's all about experience.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-15 09:06:59

Does anyone have any ideas on what to pack for work lunches?

I have access to a fridge/freezer, sink, microwave, and toaster oven.

My typical lunch looks something like: a PB&J sandwich or a ham sandwich, chips & salsa, and nuts. Sometimes I take the cheap and easy way out and get a premade freezer meal, or hit up a fast food joint.

I've also tried "mason jar salads" which are pretty damn delicious, but not the most filling. I just need some good new ideas. Of course, if I have leftovers from dinner meals the nights before, I will bring those for lunch and reheat them.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-15 11:26:59

At 6/15/16 09:06 AM, Kayleeee wrote: Does anyone have any ideas on what to pack for work lunches?

You could try asian-inspired bento lunches. Loads of the shit that goes into a bento is meant to be cooked at one point, then eaten cold. You could whip up some shit, then toss it in the fridge for usage over the next couple days. Basic shit includes soy sauce eggs, rice, vegetables/fruit, and tamagoyaki. Because artistic bentos are kinda getting big here, loads of recipes are popping up online here and there.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-15 15:30:23

At 6/15/16 09:06 AM, Kayleeee wrote: Does anyone have any ideas on what to pack for work lunches?

I have access to a fridge/freezer, sink, microwave, and toaster oven.

My typical lunch looks something like: a PB&J sandwich or a ham sandwich, chips & salsa, and nuts. Sometimes I take the cheap and easy way out and get a premade freezer meal, or hit up a fast food joint.

You can always change up what type of sandwich you make from the meat to the cheese to the veggies and condiments. Same with nuts.

If you want a suggestion for a new sandwich idea, try turkey or chicken for the meat. I don't know if the ham you use is "lunch meat" style ham, but that kind of ham is terrible for you. It's one of the processed types of lunch meat, along with salami, bologna, roast beef, and a couple others. Turkey and chicken are the only lunch meats you should go for when making a sandwich.

Anyways, besides the meat, if you want cheese on your sandwich, go for actual cheese. No Kraft or any other brands of processed cheese product crap. My personal favorite is Sargento and they have a wide variety of different cheeses.

Then for veggies and condiments, go with whatever you want. I'm just trying to suggest for an idea to change up the contents of your sandwich for lunch and to give you some advice on meats and cheeses.

Finally, for nuts, I personally like Blue Diamond almonds. They have a variety of flavors, so I recommend trying them out if you haven't already or try out a new flavor. I really like their honey roasted flavor myself. Salted caramel is pretty good, too.

I've also tried "mason jar salads" which are pretty damn delicious, but not the most filling. I just need some good new ideas.

You could always add stuff to your salads to make them more filling, such as nuts, tuna, beans, or rice.

Of course, if I have leftovers from dinner meals the nights before, I will bring those for lunch and reheat them.

if you have leftover pasta add that to a salad! That could be something else to add to make your salads more filling.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-15 17:33:37

Aw shit, it's motherfuckin Porkchop back with some more motherfuckin hot shit. Today, all the way from this liquor store that I got fantastic booze at, it's some motherfuckin Bourbon Banana Nut Bread

awshiiiit

Alright, you're gonna need some ingredients. Not just any ingredients, but just about all of these ingredients.

2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 ½ cups mashed ripe bananas (from about 3 bananas)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons bourbon
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks

YOU WILL ALSO NEED a 9x5 loaf pan. Aside from that, if you got an oven, you're solid.

Alright, first up. Preheat your shit. Go ahead and grease and flour that loaf pan. I used about 1/2 tbsp of flour for this, but whatever works for you. Set that shit aside and get to work.

Sift up your flour, salt and baking powder together and set that aside too. Mash up your bananas and set it aside.

Hopefully by now your butter is all soft, otherwise this step sucks muchly of the cock. Take your sugar and butter and cream that shit together. You'll want it nice and fluffy and mixed up nicely. With nice, soft butter, should take about 5 minutes, much like sex with your mom.

Now you've got some creamy butter jizz shit, add 1 egg. Mix that shit up. Now you've got some creamy butter egg jizz shit, add the other egg and mix that shit up. You should have something that kinda looks like sugar, butter and eggs. Take your banana goop, lemon juice, and bourbon and toss it all in. Get it all stirred up nicely and take a shot.

Now, you'll wanna add the flour concoction all at once to the jizz mixture. Otherwise you'll work the batter too much and it will come out a bit more drier than desirable. Once you get that shit all up in there, add your nuts and chocolate chips to it and casually fold them in.

Hopefully by now, your oven's done heating up, your batter is all thick and delightful smelling. Toss the batter into that pan that you greased and floured way back in step one and toss that bitch in the oven for about an hour. Right around here, the prophecy gets a little murky and vague, but all data suggests that the optimal time for removal is once a toothpick comes out clean in the center.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-15 19:19:37

At 6/15/16 07:07 PM, BonemanCharles wrote: Im also jealous you guys get to cook this much, I get home just in time for dinner to be finished everyday
maybe I'll post something I made on sunday since its my only day off now

You can at other times besides dinner time! You can make meals and freeze them, or cook a nice breakfast, or even make a dessert for no reason.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-15 21:27:56

At 6/15/16 05:33 PM, Porkchop wrote:
Aw shit, it's motherfuckin Porkchop back with some more motherfuckin hot shit. Today, all the way from this liquor store that I got fantastic booze at, it's some motherfuckin Bourbon Banana Nut Bread

awshiiiit

The beef was real.

Okay. So, I yanked that shit out after 50 minutes and rum and it wasnt ready. I went up to 20 minutes extra, for a grand total of 1:10.

Cooled it for 20 minutes, and then yanked it to the rack. I derped taking it out, so it went full retard. Chocolate was a bit strong, maybe use half as much and a hair more booze.

Shit was moist as fuck and nummy as balls.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-16 08:31:59

At 6/15/16 07:05 PM, BonemanCharles wrote: the only food I bring is grapes for breakfast and a pack of ritz crackers in my pocket to keep the hunger away until lunch break. I love ritz

I actually packed a serving of grapes this morning for breakfast. I also made up a bag of strawberries for tomorrow's breakfast as well.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-16 13:40:09

At 6/16/16 08:31 AM, Kayleeee wrote:
I actually packed a serving of grapes this morning for breakfast. I also made up a bag of strawberries for tomorrow's breakfast as well.

Only fruit for breakfast? That holds you over until lunch?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-16 14:16:29

At 6/16/16 01:40 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:

I normally don't eat breakfast. I eat lunch and dinner.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-16 15:55:10

At 6/16/16 02:16 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
At 6/16/16 01:40 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
I normally don't eat breakfast. I eat lunch and dinner.

Don't have time for it or...?

They don't call it the most important meal of the day for no reason, though. Skipping breakfast actually slows down your metabolism. You should try to eat something within an hour of waking up.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-16 20:14:04

At 6/16/16 03:55 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Don't have time for it or...?

They don't call it the most important meal of the day for no reason, though. Skipping breakfast actually slows down your metabolism. You should try to eat something within an hour of waking up.

I wake up at 7:30AM. I leave for work at 7:45AM. I start work at 8AM.

I haven't been a breakfast eater since Junior year of high school. Sometimes I buy some "Breakfast Meal Shakes," but I don't generally feel hungry or have the desire to eat in the mornings.

BBS Signature