00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners

3,083 Views | 54 Replies

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 14:23:15

At 6/8/16 07:52 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Congratulations, @UserSigon, you just discouraged a helper from actually doing what he does best, HELP. I hope you're proud of yourself.

@BrokenDeck

is this discouraging? i know my english is bad but i don't think it's THIS bad.

but hey good luck at least you want to help other people that's always nice :)

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 14:44:22

At 6/8/16 02:23 PM, UserSigon wrote:
At 6/8/16 07:52 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Congratulations, @UserSigon, you just discouraged a helper from actually doing what he does best, HELP. I hope you're proud of yourself.

@BrokenDeck
is this discouraging? i know my english is bad but i don't think it's THIS bad.

but hey good luck at least you want to help other people that's always nice :)

Now at least you're fine. At least you acknowledge that the person wants to help. That is first and foremost.

It's just that I get SICK of people condescending kids who are good enough to teach adults stuff. "Oh, you're 14 years old and therefore you shouldn't be teaching people to use FL 11, no offence."

So by that logic, kids can't teach their parents or anyone else to play video games.

Kids can't teach any adult they know to use a skateboard, or play the guitar, or rap, or beatbox, or anything, because THEY'RE JUST FUCKING KIDS. And any adult who learns from a kid should be ashamed of themselves.

GROW THE FUCK UP, PEOPLE.

It's not illegal, it's not wrong, and it most certainly shouldn't be condescended upon. At least OP is getting requests over FL Studio 11 questions -- which, I might add, many of us are sticking to because the idiots at Image-Line forgot to activate Fruity Soundfont Player for the 64-bit version of FL 12, unless this has since been changed.

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 14:51:35

At 6/8/16 02:44 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Kids can't teach any adult they know to use a skateboard, or play the guitar, or rap, or beatbox, or anything, because THEY'RE JUST FUCKING KIDS. And any adult who learns from a kid should be ashamed of themselves.

you'd think i'd actually said something offensive, with the way you're reacting :v

p.s. i am gay

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 14:55:24

At 6/8/16 02:51 PM, midimachine wrote:
you'd think i'd actually said something offensive, with the way you're reacting :v

No duh.

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 15:01:20

At 6/8/16 02:55 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 6/8/16 02:51 PM, midimachine wrote:
No duh.

well, i guess my tone was too acerbic cause i feel like you've taken what was meant to be a glib comment to heart. sorry if i struck a personal nerve?

p.s. i am gay

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 15:05:18

lol what an useless overreact.
he's a kid, he shouldn't be teaching, he should be learning. i highly doubt he reached the full potential and he knows all the things about music theory, daws, mixing, mastering, eqing, techniques, instruments, etc. i also doubt his fl studio is a legitimate copy.
that's why there are thousands of useless fl studio tutorial "HOW TO TECHNO" on youtube that accomplish nothing.

kids teaching parents videogame is so stupid i dont even know why brought that up. we are talking about music and this guy wants to teach other people in AN AUDIO FORUM with his "3 years of experience"

as i said who the fuck gives a shit? he can do whatever he wants, i even told him good luck because helping people is fine. but what you say is plain ridicolous so

also why you're angry rotfl

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature

@midimachine @UserSigon

I think it wasn't. I think it's the fact that that sort of mentality is just plain wrong, to say that if you're an adult and you have to be schooled by a kid, then you should be ashamed of yourself. It's just wrong.

Personal nerve or not, I myself have been physically, mentally and emotionally abused by people who had that same sort of thinking. But it doesn't stop with me. If you're going to tell a kid that, it's just as good as say, a kid told in decades past, "children are meant to be seen and not heard." It's the same regressive thinking all over again. And the people whom I have sought for help have also come across children who are now reeling from this very same mentality. It may not be a random person who tells them that they don't have the right to do this good thing because they're just a kid. It could be a close friend, a family member, someone in the home growing up.

And here people are encouraging the exact opposite. Approach any community project, especially in the creative arts, and you'll find people who tell you that if a child can teach and be a virtuoso performer, what should stop him? Why should the grown adult's ego get in the way?

Quite frankly, it's not a case of both of you being acerbic to the OP. It's a case of you two being complete and utter arses -- apologies because I really cannot put it any other way.

Addendum: Three years is quite enough to be able to mix well, if you're particularly good at it. I managed to do it in four. One year less is no big deal. If my brain is absorbent enough to do this, I wouldn't be surprised that a CHILD'S brain could do a lot better.

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 15:17:47

lmao ego? schooled by a kid? discouraging him? what are you talking about..
i think you should open your eyes and step into the real world lol, keep this kind of fantasy and creativity for music

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 15:22:46

At 6/8/16 03:06 PM, Troisnyx wrote: @midimachine @UserSigon

I think it wasn't. I think it's the fact that that sort of mentality is just plain wrong, to say that if you're an adult and you have to be schooled by a kid, then you should be ashamed of yourself. It's just wrong.

i wasn't saying that it's weird to ever learn anything from children. but if you're seeking out one on one lessons from a kid as an adult then you're being creepy, ok? if you were teaching them you'd at least need to have a background check done or something. once again: nobody's telling them that they'll never teach. i'm saying it's creepy for us as adults to approach children on the internet for lessons about stuff.

seriously, how does that notion not raise any red flags for you?!

p.s. i am gay

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 15:37:47

At 6/8/16 03:22 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 6/8/16 03:06 PM, Troisnyx wrote: @midimachine @UserSigon

i wasn't saying that it's weird to ever learn anything from children. but if you're seeking out one on one lessons from a kid as an adult then you're being creepy, ok? if you were teaching them you'd at least need to have a background check done or something. once again: nobody's telling them that they'll never teach. i'm saying it's creepy for us as adults to approach children on the internet for lessons about stuff.

seriously, how does that notion not raise any red flags for you?!

It doesn't. The fact is that you aren't doing anything wrong. If people were doing hanky-panky, yes, I'd be careful. But if the adult in question wanted to learn and just genuinely learn, what's wrong with that?

And presuming he's a child, his internet usage will be likely monitored by his parents anyway. If something goes horribly wrong, it's their responsibility, not ours, to tell him that it's wrong and that he should step away. If we're going to go all vigilante over approaching kids to learn stuff just because of the acts of a good few perverse people, then what's the point of raising kids, interacting with them, bringing them onto the net? You might as well just expose children to the net when they're 16, at the age of consent, which again doesn't make sense.

At 6/8/16 03:37 PM, Troisnyx wrote: And presuming he's a child, his internet usage will be likely monitored by his parents anyway. If something goes horribly wrong, it's their responsibility, not ours, to tell him that it's wrong and that he should step away. If we're going to go all vigilante over approaching kids to learn stuff just because of the acts of a good few perverse people, then what's the point of raising kids, interacting with them, bringing them onto the net?

it's creepy and you're creepy if you'd consider this. the fact that you insist on justifying this so vehemently is, frankly, horrifying.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 16:18:11

At 6/7/16 07:12 AM, TheRealCodex wrote:

but his fl studio basic tutorials are online for free

...what
you can do private skype lessons with him for money.

so what

his youtube fl studio basics are online for free

without the need of talking to a middleschooler

lel

BBS Signature

At 6/8/16 02:44 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 6/8/16 02:23 PM, UserSigon wrote:
It's just that I get SICK of people condescending kids who are good enough to teach adults stuff. "Oh, you're 14 years old and therefore you shouldn't be teaching people to use FL 11, no offence."

So by that logic, kids can't teach their parents or anyone else to play video games.

Kids can't teach any adult they know to use a skateboard, or play the guitar, or rap, or beatbox, or anything, because THEY'RE JUST FUCKING KIDS. And any adult who learns from a kid should be ashamed of themselves.

the only one that is getting triggered is you. I don't honestly care that he is 14. just stating the fact that there are probably better tutorials on fl studio basics out there for free

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 16:29:34

At 6/8/16 04:08 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 6/8/16 03:37 PM, Troisnyx wrote: And presuming he's a child, his internet usage will be likely monitored by his parents anyway. If something goes horribly wrong, it's their responsibility, not ours, to tell him that it's wrong and that he should step away. If we're going to go all vigilante over approaching kids to learn stuff just because of the acts of a good few perverse people, then what's the point of raising kids, interacting with them, bringing them onto the net?
it's creepy and you're creepy if you'd consider this. the fact that you insist on justifying this so vehemently is, frankly, horrifying.

So justifying that parents have to be responsible over their internet usage is horrifying when it's actually the law?

Justifying that there is no legal or moral ground that says you cannot learn from a child is horrifying?

Right. I see your perversity knows no bounds.

Instead of tackling this particular issue head-on in the first place, you decided to go all sarky on this 14-year-old who was meaning well. You could have outright said that it was a matter of adults being predators on children, but you didn't. You decided to make it a matter of shame and ego of an adult, that anyone who was learning from a minor was therefore depraved in the mind. Then you change the goalposts halfway and say that it's a matter of being "creepy" and "horrifying" when in actual fact, there are a good few minors whom I have learnt from and who have spoken to me with no legal or moral issues whatsoever. I have learnt from them, just as they have learnt from me.

Quite frankly, you are despicable for even suggesting that adults and children cannot actually interact without one being a predator to the other.

@BrokenDeck This thread has outlived its usefulness.

At 6/8/16 04:29 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Instead of tackling this particular issue head-on in the first place, you decided to go all sarky on this 14-year-old

when was i ever snarky to OP? stop trying to carebear everyone on this forum and stop trying to justify being a creep.

also:

You decided to make it a matter of shame and ego of an adult, that anyone who was learning from a minor was therefore depraved in the mind.

nope. if you're talking about this:

maybe if they were an absolute genius with an already-proven track record...

that is what some people like to call an empty concession. they're usually effective in situations where creepy people might fire up at you about a really normal opinion as if it's a federal fucking issue. not today, though! :)

p.s. i am gay

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 16:40:12

At 6/8/16 04:31 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 6/8/16 04:29 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Instead of tackling this particular issue head-on in the first place, you decided to go all sarky on this 14-year-old
when was i ever snarky to OP? stop trying to carebear everyone on this forum and stop trying to justify being a creep.

You were. See below.

maybe if they were an absolute genius with an already-proven track record...
that is what some people like to call an empty concession. they're usually effective in situations where creepy people might fire up at you about a really normal opinion as if it's a federal fucking issue. not today, though! :)

I wasn't talking about that. Instead, I was talking about:

why WOULD you want to learn this from a 14 year old?

If someone made a tutorial, whether directly one-to-one or on YouTube, and if it was good, would you care about the person's age? You decided to go sarky on him because of his age, not because of the supposed claim that he was a genius. You made it an issue because he was 14 and new, not because he was 16 and regular.

If it were one of our underage regulars, for instance @MysteriousPresence, there'd be absolutely no complaints about him starting up a tutorial of any kind, whether it be out in the open or one-to-one. This discussion would never come up. No one would be saying "who WOULD want to learn stuff from a 16-year-old? I don't care that he knows GarageBand off the top of his fingers!" I call double standards. If it had boiled down to an issue of trust all along, then age should never have been a factor. That he was a newbie should have been taken more into consideration.

And presuming he's a child, his internet usage will be likely monitored by his parents anyway. If something goes horribly wrong, it's their responsibility, not ours, to tell him that it's wrong and that he should step away.

^^^ you said that the onus is on the child and their parents to avoid predatory behaviour. which is kinda like telling girls not to wear short skirts because they're "asking to get raped". that was the horrifying part.

look, i don't actually think you're a creep. but i do think your attitude towards interacting with strange children is problematic at best.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 17:06:16

At 6/8/16 04:58 PM, midimachine wrote: you said that the onus is on the child and their parents to avoid predatory behaviour. which is kinda like telling girls not to wear short skirts because they're "asking to get raped". that was the horrifying part.

look, i don't actually think you're a creep. but i do think your attitude towards interacting with strange children is problematic at best.

The onus is not on the child, the onus is on the parents that when they SEE predatory behaviour, they inform the child. The child may not have the capacity to note it for himself, I KNOW that. I've been through that same phase before. Does that mean the child should be stopped from going on the internet? Does that mean that the child should be stopped from sharing what he knows about his skills? Heavens no!

Does that mean that we avoid being predators? Yes. Absolutely. Because at the end of the day, if we're caught for it, it is WE who are answerable in a court of law.

Does that mean that every adult speaking with him over FL Studio 11 topics is going to be a predator? Heavens, NO. And you and I know that. You and I know that there are so many decent people out here. Let's give them a little faith, shall we? It's not like every single user on Newgrounds is out to give him a lollipop and then whisk him away and cover his mouth in chloroform or show his dick on camera or something.

My point is, it's fine to interact with ANYONE -- children, adults, whatever -- as long as we are honest and good to them, and by good, I mean good. Not seeking to do the child any harm, physically, mentally or emotionally, and actually respecting them for who they are and what they can give. Eventually the child will learn to distinguish good contact on the Net from bad, even if he hasn't been at that point -- but until then... yes, we acknowledge the Net is not a safe-space kind of place, but it's not all doom and gloom either.

It all boils down to respect. Yes, the adults have to be respectful to the child first and foremost because of their age and vulnerability, but also because they can give of themselves with whatever they've learnt, just like us.

I've interacted with many people. Adults, minors. Not only over the net, but also as a result of being in this Soundskills community project that I occasionally mention in my audio thread. I will gladly undergo a CRB check (or whatever it's called these days) if it puts people's minds at ease that I'm talking with minors on a frequent basis.

And I apologise for calling you despicable. In the heat of text I did not see your intentions.

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 17:14:59

:pocorn:

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 17:20:56

At 6/8/16 05:14 PM, UserSigon wrote:
pocorn:

show's over, dweeb :v

p.s. i am gay

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 17:28:29

At 6/8/16 05:06 PM, Troisnyx wrote: A

My point is, it's fine to interact with ANYONE -- children, adults, whatever -- as long as we are honest and good to them, and by good, I mean good. Not seeking to do the child any harm, physically, mentally or emotionally, and actually respecting them for who they are and what they can give. Eventually the child will learn to distinguish good contact on the Net from bad, even if he hasn't been at that point -- but until then... yes, we acknowledge the Net is not a safe-space kind of place, but it's not all doom and gloom either.

since when were we against interacting with teenagers online? this has nothing to do with the fact that no one on here wants to learn from someone with "3 YEARS of experience"

stop with this SJW bullshit

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 17:32:03

At 6/8/16 05:28 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 6/8/16 05:06 PM, Troisnyx wrote: A

since when were we against interacting with teenagers online? this has nothing to do with the fact that no one on here wants to learn from someone with "3 YEARS of experience"

stop with this SJW bullshit

Uh, everyone was against that fact, harping more on the fact that he was 14 and that he should be "learning from others, not teaching others".

People have learned from those with 4 years experience, why not 3? Harp on the fact that he was a newbie who needed a track record to be shown, not about his age. The whole discussion I had earlier with midi was about age, which was what you, Sigon and everyone was harping about.

If anything, look back at your previous posts and everyone else's.

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-08 19:56:52

Posting in dead thread.

BBS Signature

sigh

Response to Teaching fl studio 11 for beginners 2016-06-09 14:45:56

I've stated it in the past before, and I'll re-emphasize right now.

I'd rather see you all take it to the PM system, than spill out onto the forums.

I'd rather not ban people for lengthy periods either.