00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Twinspurr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The fight for fair use

364 Views | 4 Replies

The fight for fair use 2016-05-31 00:44:23

If you have not heard the news yet, the Youtube community is actuality doing something which I particularly find not retarded.
Which is work together as a team (I have to admit I cringed when I said that).
Here is the story. I'll try to explain it fast.

A Youtuber named Matt Hoss Zone AKA bold guy, sued H3H3 for criticizing him in one of his videos, because his a manchild who can't take made fun of, he went as far as suing them for doing that. They were following the fair use act but they cannot just claim it's fair use and get on with their lives, nope it wasn't that easy. They claimed the these session in the court could last up to 2 years and could cost up to 100,000$ dollars even if they lose or win. They wanted to ask money from their fans but they felt it was too much, since they have already asked money from them before. So a Youtuber named Philip Defranco started a Gofundme for H3H3. Which reached 100,000$ in 21 hours. The reason why H3H3 did not ask money was they failed to realize they're protecting fair use act as a whole. It means that this can go as far as out of Youtube, basically entertainment as a whole.

Watch the whole video about this by clicking here

This is actuality huge, I mean even the FineBros donated 10,000$ which is crazy and I'm actuality thinking of giving them a second chance. We already understand that Youtube is suffering from the fair use problem for about 8-12 months already I think it will be finally resolved after this case.

Check out the @FUPA

BBS Signature

Response to The fight for fair use 2016-05-31 00:47:11

TLDR bro.

Response to The fight for fair use 2016-05-31 03:34:42

At 5/31/16 12:47 AM, Neoslayre wrote: TLDR bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x8e8QwPofc

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to The fight for fair use 2016-05-31 18:08:45

At 5/31/16 12:14 PM, Amaranthus wrote: This entire issue turned into a circlejerk really fast and the people who donated money suddenly aren't seen as cunts any more even though they are (Keemstar and Leafy).

Well, there must be a way to escape being a cunt, even though I find it most unlikely for Keemstar and Leafy.

BBS Signature

Response to The fight for fair use 2016-05-31 18:09:47

At 5/31/16 11:13 AM, SadisticAphid60 wrote: VAPE NASHUUUUN

VAPE NAYSH! 420 EVERYDAY!

BBS Signature