00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Darkshark183 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newground Petition

505 Views | 3 Replies

This petition is simple. Instead of having rules and regulations, people would post a person they deem as 'evil' on a certain certified topic. If that person gets at least 10 votes, that's a warning, if the person gets 25 votes, it's a suspension, and if the person gets 50 votes, that's a ban.

There would be a timeline on such. Each week, a moderator/admin would examine the post. After which, he/she would delete all the reports in that matter.

You can vote once per topic that person does, but you must have a reason for reporting him, and the mods/admins would evaluate that reason.

Suspensions last 1 week.
3 warnings in a row will result in a suspension.
7 warnings in a row results in a 1 month suspension.
15 warnings in a row results in a 6 month suspension.
25 warnings in a row results in a ban.

Response to Newground Petition 2016-05-31 01:16:48

At 5/30/16 11:04 PM, developous29 wrote: This petition is simple. Instead of having rules and regulations, people would post a person they deem as 'evil' on a certain certified topic. If that person gets at least 10 votes, that's a warning, if the person gets 25 votes, it's a suspension, and if the person gets 50 votes, that's a ban.

There would be a timeline on such. Each week, a moderator/admin would examine the post. After which, he/she would delete all the reports in that matter.

You can vote once per topic that person does, but you must have a reason for reporting him, and the mods/admins would evaluate that reason.

Suspensions last 1 week.
3 warnings in a row will result in a suspension.
7 warnings in a row results in a 1 month suspension.
15 warnings in a row results in a 6 month suspension.
25 warnings in a row results in a ban.

It's far more work for the mods to evaluate individual votes than it is to make a judgment based on a solid set of rules. It would also take forever for justice to occur, in the best case scenario. In the worst case, a vote-only system is incredibly ripe for abuse - cliques and mobs would have absolute power. Imagine if the Clock crew didn't like you, for example...

Also, if you read the rules you'd know this is the wrong place to talk about this. Just sayin', is all.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Newground Petition 2016-05-31 17:17:38

At 5/31/16 05:13 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: We don't really have set bans, like mandatory x-day bans anymore. Back when we had more traffic, posting in a spam topic was a mandatory 3 day ban, and it was among the less-popular policies around here.

Also, I have a feeling there will be voter manipulation with your rule. Some people on here are not popular, it's true. So if a voting system is in place to punish other users, it will be monkey'd with, and turned into a punitive weapon. Why do you think we only allow 1 vote per flash submission? Because some jackass had to ruin it for everyone.

Not everyone would have the right to vote, but that would add even more complexity. However, this method would be more people oriented, and that's the big point. But your right, some would abuse the right.

Response to Newground Petition 2016-05-31 19:09:28

At 5/31/16 05:17 PM, developous29 wrote: Not everyone would have the right to vote, but that would add even more complexity. However, this method would be more people oriented, and that's the big point. But your right, some would abuse the right.

As people have said this isn't the place to discuss it, which is the reason I'm going to go ahead and lock this.

My own personal thoughts on this are, yeah, it's not a good idea. Well intentioned? Sure, but not good. It is rife for abuse, it creates more work for our volunteer mod force to have to wade through this stuff to figure out what's good and bad....and the voluntary reporting system I think is working pretty well already.

But I think it's great you're trying to provide ideas for ways to help the community. This one didn't really land, but don't be discouraged from making more suggestions.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature