00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orafice13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Coloring frames in photoshop

397 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Coloring frames in photoshop 2016-05-30 07:34:21

Im having trouble with coloring my frames in. I tried to create a new layer in the timeline but couldnt. Im using photoshop cs6 and cant find the video timeline.

Is there an easy way to colour in my frames without making my layers look clogged up.

I have about 500 frames or something to colour so if anyone could tell me an easier way I would be so happy.

Here is what my project looks like.

Coloring frames in photoshop

>>> Follow my Instagram: @the_imaginary_boy<<< Buy my MERCH

BBS Signature

At 5/30/16 07:34 AM, tatsumaru7 wrote: Is there an easy way to colour in my frames without making my layers look clogged up.

Use brush mode "Behind".

It may also be named Blend mode "Behind" and should be in tool settings.

Response to Coloring frames in photoshop 2016-05-30 12:08:47

At 5/30/16 11:09 AM, kkots wrote:
At 5/30/16 07:34 AM, tatsumaru7 wrote: Is there an easy way to colour in my frames without making my layers look clogged up.
Use brush mode "Behind".

It may also be named Blend mode "Behind" and should be in tool settings.

Is there a way I can create a new colour layer and automatically move to the next line art frame while colouring new layers?

BBS Signature

Response to Coloring frames in photoshop 2016-05-30 18:22:10

I color my frames in photoshop now, but I just use the paint bucket tool and never use any additional layers unless I miss a spot or something and have to fill in some space "under" the frame/layer I'm coloring.

Your lines have to be super clean without any antialiasing for it to be effective, but it's so much faster. Just try it out and remember to turn off all your other layers visibility and check "all layers" on the paint bucket and see if that works better.

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Response to Coloring frames in photoshop 2016-05-30 19:57:23

At 5/30/16 06:22 PM, Celshaded wrote: I color my frames in photoshop now, but I just use the paint bucket tool and never use any additional layers unless I miss a spot or something and have to fill in some space "under" the frame/layer I'm coloring.

Your lines have to be super clean without any antialiasing for it to be effective, but it's so much faster. Just try it out and remember to turn off all your other layers visibility and check "all layers" on the paint bucket and see if that works better.

thanks man but the problem is all my lines are super messy and rarely connect with each other. Plus I have a lot of islands.

BBS Signature

Response to Coloring frames in photoshop 2016-06-01 01:11:41

Dude, have you checked out AnimDessin?

It's an animation plugin for photoshop.

Here's a link:https://vimeo.com/96689934

POST YOUR OWN SHOW ON FIYAH.TV