00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help With Art? QQ

404 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I've been trying to draw this one specific thing for the past HOUR or so, and I'm starting to get to the point of extreme frustration. I can draw the actual breasts, but I can't draw it in the fold of clothing OVER the breasts for whatever reason. The problem is that it isn't supposed to be skin-tight clothing, and I can't find a proper reference for just clothing (I've used 3 for the actual anatomy). Could someone help me with this? ;-;

Help With Art? QQ

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Help With Art? QQ 2016-05-30 01:11:00 (edited 2016-05-30 01:13:27)

At 5/30/16 01:06 AM, limerevolver wrote: The loose fabric of the shirt you drew looks too saggy, and it doesn't lie on the chest nor does it stretch tightly around the shoulders. Basically It looks too flat, and the top looks like it'd slip off the body.

For a top like that, you should make the lines more horizontal so that the fabric parallels the shoulders and collarbone. Also note the way the fabric lies upon the chest in the pic I attached.

Hope this helps, dude

Well I mean, I kind of needed help on how the fabric lies on her breasts, not how it lies on her shoulders. Sorry for the misunderstanding. QwQ I was also aiming for making it look like it could slip off so it could look more suggestive, but I see how I should probably make it look tighter since it would never stay up if it's curving down so much. Thanks for the feedback regardless though!

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Help With Art? QQ 2016-05-30 02:34:22

I'm probably a little late in responding to this, but I think making line art for the folds on the bottom of the shirt (although probably don't use as many as I did) and slight shading on the upper and lower parts of the boobs like in the picture would create a nice billowy effect. If I were you, I would look up billowy women's shirts, loosely fitted dresses, or something along those lines. Don't be afraid to look at references to see how something works. Hopefully I was able to help a little and good luck with your drawing.

Help With Art? QQ

Response to Help With Art? QQ 2016-05-30 02:44:32

At 5/30/16 02:34 AM, anthchem wrote: I'm probably a little late in responding to this, but I think making line art for the folds on the bottom of the shirt (although probably don't use as many as I did) and slight shading on the upper and lower parts of the boobs like in the picture would create a nice billowy effect. If I were you, I would look up billowy women's shirts, loosely fitted dresses, or something along those lines. Don't be afraid to look at references to see how something works. Hopefully I was able to help a little and good luck with your drawing.

Thanks! You're not late at all, don't even worry about it. :P I had no idea where to place the line folds (especially at the bottom where you mentioned) so that was super helpful. ;v;
Also, I proooobably should have just looked up flow-y dresses like you mentioned. I have no idea why that didn't even cross my mind since I looked up references for anatomy, but not the clothes. QwQ I even mentioned it, too. And it still didn't cross my mind. xD

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature