00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kkolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do You Like GameStop?

1,725 Views | 26 Replies

Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-27 21:03:30

Do you like GameStop? Yes or no? I love GameStop, but I sometimes don't like that the store may not have on sale what you're looking for. :/

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-27 21:09:25

First off this should be in the Video Game forum. Not General.
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/forum/15
Second. The one I go to is okay. The people working there actually know what the hell they're talking about and aren't a bunch of idiots.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-27 21:15:47

The one I go to is pretty nice and the people know their stuff.
It's useful to have a good hub for video games, especially if you're old like me and like having a physical copy of your pc games. Shut up, they download faster.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-27 21:40:03

It was okay, I guess. I never really cared for forging any kind of rapport with the clerks a my local Gamestop and at that point it really just becomes interchangeable with any of the other identical, personality-less locations. Nowadays I just buy digitally for PC or I order the rare physical game off of Amazon. If there was a cool mom and pop store anywhere nearby I'd probably visit them, but no dice there.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 00:05:16

It isn't too bad. There are some people that aren't great at the local, but there is one about 11 miles away with only one person who ever seems to be staffing, but she is really nice. The only time I really go there, though, is for when I want an exclusive amiibo.

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 00:36:01

Gamestop is a good store and they have a great selection. I love Gamestop. They are a great company

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 00:46:38

We haven't got GameStop here in New Zealand. We've got EB Games though

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 05:47:56

Yeah, I like it. I like another store here called Play 'N' Trade better, though.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 08:20:24

I haven't been playing console games for a while. In fact I've crossed over to the dark side and have gaming mobile. But as far as GameStop is concerned, it was a pretty chill place to hang out and get some good games. Unfortunately the one by where I used to live shut down because the mall they were in jacked up the rent. In the end I moved, and where I live there are no GameStops.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 10:43:25

I don't like getting of my lazy ass and psychically driving to another town to get it, but I like the smell for same reason.

BBS Signature

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 15:22:37

alright

filler text

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 15:54:09

'Tis a fine establishment.
I've never had any problem as far as the employees not knowing what they're talking about.
I can find games I want to try on the cheap.
I got a Stormtrooper beanie with my points.
And Game Informer makes for good terlit reading.

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 15:57:41 (edited 2016-05-28 15:59:08)

gamestop sucks dick

here's a nearly 50 minute list of reasons why from someone who actually worked there

some of it's kinda disturbing

At 5/28/16 05:47 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Yeah, I like it. I like another store here called Play 'N' Trade better, though.

yeah that place is the shit, they just tend to overprice their old games.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 15:58:58 (edited 2016-05-28 15:59:16)

I don't really care about them to be honest. I usually shop from online stores since they're usually cheaper.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 16:09:29

If Gamestop means pause , I love it! Bjt if Gamestop means error and then your game got crashed , it sucks!

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 17:29:42

They're alright. But their sell prices are terrible unless there's some kind of deal going on.

I once got $90 for selling a 5 or 6 Pokemon games, but I sold Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel the other day and only got a dollar.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 17:42:47

At 5/28/16 10:43 AM, Avery wrote: I don't like getting of my lazy ass and psychically driving to another town to get it, but I like the smell for same reason.

I know right? It always smells really nice for some reason.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 19:33:08

FUCK GAMESTOP. Screw them, they don't even have Pro Controllers for the WiiU, and have pretty much stopped supporting the WiiU in general. As someone who collects consoles and only recently acquired a WiiU this greatly pisses me the fuck off. Having to order all peripherals online is a pain, as I am impatient, and would rather pay extra to have something in my hands straight away.

Other than that though I regularly pick up used games from there, I know they rip people off for trade ins but I don't trade in my games.

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 19:47:49

There's a place called Games n' Go near where i live and it's way better.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 20:22:42

we live inobamaland, any negative thing is taken as offense obey Obama or be suffered or whatever

Schizaphrenic

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-28 23:30:14

Kinda. First off I stay away from buying used games now unless the only way to get a game. In the past I had too many times where they sold me a used game that wouldn't work. I buy new for 2 reasons, 1. I always prefer new games and 2. I prefer supporting the company that makes the game.
Also they have clothes and other goodies that interest me.

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-29 11:10:26

grainger games init off to buy the new cod m8 it looks sickkk

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-29 15:28:58

At 5/27/16 09:03 PM, NostalgicNerd94 wrote: Do you like GameStop? Yes or no?

I have a tradition of buying new Pokemon games from there, but other than that I just buy things from Steam. So I don't really like it due to the lack of convenience.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-30 13:27:16

I don't dislike it or like it. But now that you mention it I haven't been in there in a while.

brains.

BBS Signature

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-30 15:05:51

At 5/27/16 09:03 PM, NostalgicNerd94 wrote: Do you like GameStop? Yes or no? I love GameStop, but I sometimes don't like that the store may not have on sale what you're looking for. :/

I dont mind gamestop, I just hate when they constantly try to shove other offers down my throat, or they constantly try to get me to sign up for something, like I just wanna buy the game lol

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-30 15:07:50

At 5/27/16 09:03 PM, NostalgicNerd94 wrote: Do you like GameStop? Yes or no? I love GameStop, but I sometimes don't like that the store may not have on sale what you're looking for. :/

I dont mind gamestop, I just hate when they constantly try to shove other offers down my throat, or they constantly try to get me to sign up for something, like I just wanna buy the game lol

Response to Do You Like GameStop? 2016-05-30 15:14:02

I'd rather buy most of my games off Steam.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature