00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xo1029392 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to get 40C GPU temps for 10euro

403 Views | 3 Replies

How to get 40 degrees Celsius temps on your gpu for less than 10 euro!! :)
You need your stock gpu heatsink, a heatsink from an old cpu (square or rectangular), epoxy glue, zipties and two 12mm fans. Cheapest fans cost around 3 pounds on amazon (arctic cooling so theyre actually good).

1). Unscrew stock heatsink.

2). Glue the cpu heatsink onto the gpu heatsink using epoxy glue. You can also glue any other heatsink, but the main point is that it has to be wide, long and high. Let it sit for about a hour before moving on.

3). Apply new thermal paste and attach your new heatsink (your new gpu heatsink is going to take up about 2 more pcie slots now, or even more, depending on the heatsink you attached so take this into consideration before you try this. Remember, BIGGER IS BETTER).

4). Place your GPU in your pcie slot. Right now we have a gpu with a huge heat sink. If you want you can turn your pc on right now and check if it still works.

5). Now we are going to attach one fan. IDEALLY youre going to want to have a side panel with a place for a fan, if theres no place for a fan just duct tape it on securely. Make sure this fan is blowing air mainly at the heatsink, and the side of your graphics card that has the heatsink attached to it.

6). Fan number two. Remember all those memory thingies that usually need heat spreaders? They might heat up a bit but the ideal way to stop this is to place the second fan ABOVE the GPU (I hanged mine using zipties from my CPU cooler). This will cool them down perfectly while helping your card remain cool in general. If you really want to you can just get headsinks from ebay but that costs money.

Side note: You can get away easily with just one fan, because now that your heatsink is so big, your gpu will be able to ideal with literally no fans spinning because of the passive cooling alone. Just experiment. Trust me this works.

I used to get insane temps and now I get 50 degrees max UNDER STRESS.

TL;DR Glue another heatsink on your stock heatsink, ziptie two 12 mm fans around it and watch your temps drop lower than with a water loop and all for just 10pound, depending on what you have laying around.

BBS Signature

Response to How to get 40C GPU temps for 10euro 2016-05-24 13:41:51

No thanks I prefer to use my custom liquid hydrogen cooling system.

Response to How to get 40C GPU temps for 10euro 2016-05-24 23:28:07

At 5/24/16 01:41 PM, Bit wrote: No thanks I prefer to use my custom liquid hydrogen cooling system.

Liquid hydrogen

water

Custom? Pics pls.

Response to How to get 40C GPU temps for 10euro 2016-05-25 01:42:06

I cool my PC by filling all the empty space inside my case with cotton balls. They're super cheap and it doesn't take any technical knowledge to do.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature