00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Should we have gun control?

2,046 Views | 44 Replies

I think we should but there's so many arguments against gun control that it's crazy. I think we need gun control so the murder rates will go down.

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-22 03:18:22

Nope we shouldn't

FUCK NEWGROUNDS

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-22 03:43:28

At 5/22/16 02:57 AM, ZE13 wrote: I think we need gun control so the murder rates will go down.

well that's one way to put it

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-22 03:59:37

Never control any guns ever

FUCK NEWGROUNDS

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-22 07:42:56

We should have people control.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-22 12:30:25

in the united states, the places with the strictest gun laws tend to have the highest murder and gun violence rates.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-22 12:33:09

come to canada and well start a bolt action rifle bear mace militia

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-22 17:57:26

At 5/22/16 04:55 AM, Ishmaelist wrote: Guns are cool. Ever played that game counter strike? That game's pretty cool

Clutch or kick

BBS Signature

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-22 20:06:43

At 5/22/16 07:57 PM, zornuzkull wrote:
At 5/22/16 06:03 PM, MemeFiend3 wrote: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Cousin Earl and Cleatus are regulated?

those are 2 related but separate ideas

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State...shall not be infringed. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-22 20:11:32

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-22 20:17:37

At 5/22/16 08:10 PM, zornuzkull wrote:
Wait if it's a well regulated Militia shouldn't that you know involve legislation and regulations regarding guns and ammunition along with who can use them? Just asking...

in this case, regulated means well trained and organized.

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-22 22:27:16

At 5/22/16 07:42 AM, Radaketor wrote: We should have people control.

This is the correct answer.

UK citizen here. We don't have guns. It's maybe boring to you yankeedoodles but fact is, people will always find another way to be shitty to one another and kill each other.

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-22 22:37:03

I don't care about gun control. I am pro-second amendment!

The Eldorado is dead. Long live the Eldorado.

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-22 22:47:54

We should, but not too much. Basically, it doesn't matter if you limits or ban guns...criminals will always have access to them. Any kind of control won't change that, bad guys will always have guns. That's why they are called a criminal. But having no control is too risky and that makes the chance of an accidental firing so much higher.

TracyJackson

-EcG member for CSGO-

Attorney, Gamer, Sport Fan, PhD student (future Senator, maybe?)

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-23 07:16:59

"Education is the most powerful wapon witch you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-23 08:28:27

At 5/23/16 07:16 AM, TimoteiOlaru wrote: "Education is the most powerful wapon witch you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela

Very true. If only the general public knew and understood this. Sadly they'll believe whatever lies are printed in the papers and be thrown into mass hysteria by any unexpected headline.

Anyway, gun control... Is just like any other prohibition. You prohibit anything, all you do is create a black market for it. It becomes an even bigger, more dangerous threat. As you Americans seem to swear by your guns for some reason, the demand is high. Supply always meets demand one way or another. So gun control would ironically just lead to even more gun crime. Gang shootouts, standoffs with police, etc. Maybe less "innocent lives" but altogether more bloodshed. As other countries, like here in the UK, don't have a major gun market and it was never a trade here... there is no supply and demand. The only demand is from terrorists and gangs. Luckily, as there's no real market, gun trades are easier to trace and intercept here.

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-23 09:11:48

How about gun safety and education?

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-23 10:34:33

60% of deaths from guns in the united states are suicides, its not a gun problem its a people problem

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-23 12:54:36

At 5/23/16 06:48 AM, zornuzkull wrote:
Really I didn't know you were a constitutional scholar...

look to the google machine if you disagree.

plus, you believe the constitution is about limiting freedoms?

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-23 13:12:59

At 5/23/16 12:59 PM, zornuzkull wrote:
Nah I just find the wording of the document... Unusual...

well, it is a tad old.

our usage of words and our understood meaning of them sometimes change, like "gay old time".

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-23 13:32:47

At 5/23/16 01:20 PM, zornuzkull wrote:
That's what I mean the document could be interpreted in several different ways depending on who is reading it that whole well regulated Militia thing... Must have been the cause of many an argument...

i'm not sure it did, the things i've read from the period use regulated as i mentioned, practiced and well trained.

if you read "they have a fire engine, and a well regulated company", would the modern understanding of the word really make sense?

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-23 18:25:34

At 5/22/16 06:03 PM, MemeFiend3 wrote: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

this was relevant in a time where muskets were the only form of firearm.

we now have access to machine guns, rocket launchers, sniper rifles, handguns, shotguns, and so on.

is it really an idea that stands the test of time?

no. in the time that was written, a school shooting wouldn't even be a feasible concept.

plus, there's no way you would be able to secure your rights against the government, they've got drones you can't even fucking see. if they wanted to enslave and murder, you wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about it.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-23 20:36:21

At 5/23/16 06:25 PM, TOXlCITY wrote:
this was relevant in a time where muskets were the only form of firearm.

we now have access to machine guns, rocket launchers, sniper rifles, handguns, shotguns, and so on.

you believe they couldn't foresee advancements in firearm technology? had they meant for us to only have muskets, they could have written that. had they meant bows and arrows, they could have written that as well. instead, they wrote arms.

is it really an idea that stands the test of time?

should freedom of speech and the press be limited to the technology of our founding as well?

plus, there's no way you would be able to secure your rights against the government, they've got drones you can't even fucking see. if they wanted to enslave and murder, you wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about it.

323 million people living in a place with nearly the same amount of firearms couldn't do a thing to protect our rights...

the constitution spells out our "natural rights", rights which everyone is born with. these are not rights which are given, they are rights you are entitled to at birth.

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-23 21:13:02

At 5/23/16 08:36 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: you believe they couldn't foresee advancements in firearm technology? had they meant for us to only have muskets, they could have written that. had they meant bows and arrows, they could have written that as well. instead, they wrote arms.

yes, and the constitution was subject to change. only problem: it never did.

should freedom of speech and the press be limited to the technology of our founding as well?

apples to oranges. the ability to speak hasn't changed over time, it is exactly the same as it was.

323 million people living in a place with nearly the same amount of firearms couldn't do a thing to protect our rights...

that is correct. is everyone going to shoot the sky in unison and pray they hit a drone? they're built in a way where you can't even see them now.

plus, well, nukes. they've got those. if they wanted to destroy the world, it'd be a very simple process. a walk in the park. you have no control over anything the government does. if you think you do, that's foolish. you don't even get to choose who you vote for president in this country. your choices are whole foods or fast food, extra large or small, fancy or inexpensive. you could never throw the government overboard as a civilian, or even a militia without connections to the inside. n e v e r .

the constitution spells out our "natural rights", rights which everyone is born with. these are not rights which are given, they are rights you are entitled to at birth.

that argument makes no sense outside of your own opinion. a right i'm born with is to bear arms? then why can't i exercise that right in any other country i want?

and fyi, the constitution is changeable. people like you who say it's set in stone are what its writers feared the most.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

BBS Signature

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-23 22:14:53

At 5/23/16 09:13 PM, TOXlCITY wrote:
yes, and the constitution was subject to change. only problem: it never did.

amendments, they've passed a few since it was written.

apples to oranges. the ability to speak hasn't changed over time, it is exactly the same as it was.

it hasn't? in the day of the constitution, there was word of mouth and low circulation news papers.

that argument makes no sense outside of your own opinion. a right i'm born with is to bear arms? then why can't i exercise that right in any other country i want?

you are correct, as a free person, you are born with the right to arm yourself and defend against a tyrannical government.

why can't you exercise that right in another country? would seem obvious, you're being denied liberties and freedoms.

and fyi, the constitution is changeable. people like you who say it's set in stone are what its writers feared the most.

the minds behind the constitution feared people thinking the document has merit? no, their biggest fear was to live without rights and freedoms, which is why they're spelled out as ones which can't be denied.

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-23 22:19:23

At 5/23/16 10:14 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: you are correct, as a free person, you are born with the right to arm yourself and defend against a tyrannical government.

oh boy

you're about as right winged as they come, huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-23 22:23:02

At 5/23/16 10:19 PM, TOXlCITY wrote:
At 5/23/16 10:14 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: you are correct, as a free person, you are born with the right to arm yourself and defend against a tyrannical government.
oh boy

you're about as right winged as they come, huh?

no, more middle right on most issues.

Gun control is all about Tri-R-Guns and Tons Of Guns! It's even about Call of Duty, Halo, plus more!

The Eldorado is dead. Long live the Eldorado.

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-23 23:13:17

At 5/23/16 10:24 PM, jakobluke wrote: Gun control is all about Tri-R-Guns and Tons Of Guns! It's even about Call of Duty, Halo, plus more!

You're right.
Gun control is good because if I can't control my guns I can't 360noscope faggots and get 1337 headshots. It'll be like fallout 3 on hard mode with 0 gun ability!

Response to Should we have gun control? 2016-05-24 03:27:06

At 5/23/16 10:14 PM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 5/23/16 09:13 PM, TOXlCITY wrote: that argument makes no sense outside of your own opinion. a right i'm born with is to bear arms? then why can't i exercise that right in any other country i want?
why can't you exercise that right in another country? would seem obvious, you're being denied liberties and freedoms.

I hope you're not confusing freedom of expression
with attempting to get a weapon through passport control ...

BBS Signature