00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fontaine Industries Art Lobby

381 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

FRIENDS!

Welcome to the future of ART!...Ugh...Well, not yet of course.

Let me introduce myself, I am Fontaine and this is where I work on art, and as an aspiring animator I need to start with character concepts, scripts and etc etc. It's a very long process but first I have to perfect it.

My Inspiration is mainly Fleischer, Messmer and Renzetti (As much as I hate his shows). So, I guess I'll just show you some of my first projects...They are however starters with my new Huion 1060+ so I guess I had to start somewhere...So, let me begin.

This one I tried to put a bit of emphasis on a Art-Deco, I'm not a Liberal Arts College Graduate, I have absolutely no experience in the form of Art-Deco, I just know it looks nice and it looks retro therefore I will put it in.

So this is really just my pathway to becoming a better artist, I've got a long way to go including layers, symbols and other Flash terms which I have absolutely no idea what they mean but hopefully you will help me along the way.

Well, fellows. Please, your honest opinions.

Response to Fontaine Industries Art Lobby 2016-05-16 17:03:27

My first chance at Cel-Shading, it's very Fleischer-esque. That 1920s look really makes me feel a good sense of pride that I am improving. You may notice there is no background or color to the lips, but then again I have a really bad idea on how cel-shading works so if you guys have any resources or any tips on how to pick a color or help me shade certain parts I would really appreciate it.

-Fontaine

Response to Fontaine Industries Art Lobby 2016-05-17 17:08:30

Now, not as great as I thought it'd come out...There seems to be a problem with my graphics tablet but I think this is quite a fine example of Retrofuturism coming from me so far. Tips wanted, Tips appreciated yadda yadda yadda.