00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Should reality TV go away?

2,524 Views | 54 Replies

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-05-15 18:37:59

At 5/15/16 05:53 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
At 5/15/16 03:54 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/15/16 03:34 PM, Kayleeee wrote: They don't bother me because I don't pay for cable. Books will always be my go-to before cable television.
If only more people read books instead of cable, the world would be a much better place.
Well, you can't exactly read cable.

That is true, but you know what I mean. Reading a book vs. Watching TV.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-05-15 18:59:20

No i need to laugh at delusional people who think they've got talent while the auditions are taking place. I think America's Got talent and american idol should stay for that reason alone.

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-05-15 19:25:14

At 5/15/16 06:59 PM, argile wrote: No i need to laugh at delusional people who think they've got talent while the auditions are taking place. I think America's Got talent and american idol should stay for that reason alone.

I would find them more entertaining, if the entire show was poor signers and lame talent being eliminated. They should bring back the Gong show, but that was a game show not reality TV.

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-05-15 20:34:34

The dialog in reality TV is scripted as fuck.

Just look into their eyes and you could clearly see that they're reading from a teleprompter.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-05-15 21:00:25

At 5/15/16 08:34 PM, Painbringer wrote: The dialog in reality TV is scripted as fuck.
Just look into their eyes and you could clearly see that they're reading from a teleprompter.

That is true. Sounds like you are not a fan of Reality TV. Is there one show you dislike the most?

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-05-15 21:00:46

At 5/15/16 11:07 AM, Hoodie wrote: You should go away

lmao

like honestly does this thread need to exist

who here enjoys reality tv

and if you do GET THE FUCK OUT

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-05-15 21:29:31

At 5/15/16 09:00 PM, TOXlCITY wrote:
like honestly does this thread need to exist

Yes, it is a question about reality TV.

who here enjoys reality tv

Some users do.

and if you do GET THE FUCK OUT

People can enjoy TV if they like.

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-05-16 03:37:29

At 5/15/16 09:00 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: That is true. Sounds like you are not a fan of Reality TV.

Eh, it's more like I'm bored with the same old reality game shows and would rather watch something else.

I currently enjoy Highway Through Hell and have enjoyed Fox's Boot Camp, Murder in Small Town X and the oldest seasons of Survivor and Big Brother Canada.

And then there's America's Funniest Home Videos, World's Wildest Police Videos and Forensic Files - If those still count as reality TV.

Is there one show you dislike the most?

Probably Say Yes to the Dress and other dress-up shows.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-05-16 10:41:30

At 5/16/16 03:37 AM, Painbringer wrote:
I currently enjoy Highway Through Hell and have enjoyed Fox's Boot Camp, Murder in Small Town X and the oldest seasons of Survivor and Big Brother Canada.

Murder in Small Town X was a really old show that had one season. Unless they renewed it?

And then there's America's Funniest Home Videos, World's Wildest Police Videos and Forensic Files - If those still count as reality TV.

I never found America's Funniest Home Videos funny at all.

Probably Say Yes to the Dress and other dress-up shows.

It does sound dreadful.

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-05-16 12:45:42

At 5/16/16 10:45 AM, zornuzkull wrote: Reality TV isn't real it's somehow even more fake and tacky that traditional television...
I wish it would go away but it probably won't...

Most of them are scripted and they pretend to be real. It would be nice to live in a world without real housewives or Kim K, the hobbit.

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-05-16 15:23:11

At 5/16/16 10:41 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Murder in Small Town X was a really old show that had one season. Unless they renewed it?

I guess I should have made myself more clear when I said "enjoyed it" in the past tense.

Yes, I did watch the one and only season in 2001 - Missed the ending though.

I never found America's Funniest Home Videos funny at all.

Maybe you're just sensitive to the idea of people getting hurt?

I've been watching that show since the early '90s when I was a little kid and Bob Saggat was the host.

It does sound dreadful.

Another one is What Not to Wear - It totally makes conformists out of people.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-05-16 16:26:25

At 5/16/16 03:23 PM, Painbringer wrote: I guess I should have made myself more clear when I said "enjoyed it" in the past tense.
Yes, I did watch the one and only season in 2001 - Missed the ending though.

I saw it and loved it. Its too bad they never had another season. I can tell you the ending if you ike.

Maybe you're just sensitive to the idea of people getting hurt?
I've been watching that show since the early '90s when I was a little kid and Bob Saggat was the host.

They show a cat falling of a tv, a baby pissing or sneezing, and a guy getting hit in the crotch every episode. The host is the worst part, with all the stupid jokes.

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-05-16 16:55:47

At 5/15/16 01:52 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Ii is funny that men can work and not complain, but women just enjoy complaining if they have to do a little work. Reality TV teaches us about the differences in the genders.

i don't like thinking of it like that, cuz i'm sure there are plenty of women who have the skill set and the mind to do it right. i think that way, then these tv programs repeatedly air examples of me being incorrect, so i stopped watching.

this season on alone, a women just quit because she yelled at some bears in her camp. she quit because she was upset at how quickly she got violent, her words. yelling at a mother and cub bear that are in your camp is not violence. i foresee another woman having trouble with bears, she's not treating them like the dangerous animal they are, instead it's more awwww and cutesy.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-05-16 20:17:07

At 5/16/16 04:55 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: i don't like thinking of it like that, cuz i'm sure there are plenty of women who have the skill set and the mind to do it right. i think that way, then these tv programs repeatedly air examples of me being incorrect, so i stopped watching.

That was just a side comment, more of a joke really.

this season on alone, a women just quit because she yelled at some bears in her camp. she quit because she was upset at how quickly she got violent, her words. yelling at a mother and cub bear that are in your camp is not violence. i foresee another woman having trouble with bears, she's not treating them like the dangerous animal they are, instead it's more awwww and cutesy.

It does make me ill when people disrespect nature. A bear is a wild animal that will kill you, not a giant stuffed toy. You have to treat them with respect and give them space.

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-06-07 20:51:20

At 5/15/16 06:37 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: That is true, but you know what I mean. Reading a book vs. Watching TV.

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
― Groucho Marx

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-06-07 20:57:11

these shows will come and go when they run their course. But you want to know the best way to get rid of reality TV forever? When money and all sorts of things like it lose their value permanently. Take away money and reality TV will die faster than a snail that salt poured on it.

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-06-07 22:06:49

At 6/7/16 08:51 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
At 5/15/16 06:37 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: That is true, but you know what I mean. Reading a book vs. Watching TV.
“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
― Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx knows what I am talking about. Reading is fundamental.

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-06-08 03:32:06

Reality TV is shit. It's nearly always scripted and rarely entertaining. It's easily produced trash that appeals to the lowest common denominator and usually centers around bullshit like sluts, drinking, fights and spending large sums of cash. The worst part is that they could record shit that's actually real that's far more entertaining. I've never seen anything as crazy on "reality TV" as I've seen in real life. Well I mean, aside from on COPS. That show is usually pretty mundane, but it certainly has its moments at times.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-06-08 05:45:53

Meh. It's fun to laugh at the stupidity of reality TV

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-06-08 07:47:34

At 6/8/16 05:45 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: Meh. It's fun to laugh at the stupidity of reality TV

And those who even bother discussing it

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-06-08 10:41:23

At 6/8/16 03:32 AM, Stretchysumo wrote: Reality TV is shit. It's nearly always scripted and rarely entertaining. It's easily produced trash that appeals to the lowest common denominator and usually centers around bullshit like sluts, drinking, fights and spending large sums of cash. I've never seen anything as crazy on "reality TV" as I've seen in real life. Well I mean, aside from on COPS. That show is usually pretty mundane, but it certainly has its moments at times.

Reality TV is scripted , and the cast is always shown doing stupid things. Another vote that it should go away.

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-06-08 14:06:42

At 6/8/16 01:34 PM, SolXeroEraser wrote: If I had my way, I'd tell mine to go fuck itself (like I have), but, apparently, it has another story to tell. (Truthfully, it's been getting a lot better)
But this is why they wont, and don't. MONEH.

If people stop watching, they lose ratings and will be cancelled. Friends don't let friends watch reality TV.

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-06-08 14:11:28

No. It should be converted to pit fights.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-06-08 14:29:37

At 6/8/16 02:11 PM, satanbrain wrote: No. It should be converted to pit fights.

They could not show pit fights on TV.

BBS Signature

Response to Should reality TV go away? 2016-06-08 15:37:51

At 6/8/16 03:15 PM, SolXeroEraser wrote:
At 6/8/16 02:06 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
If people stop watching, they lose ratings and will be cancelled. Friends don't let friends watch reality TV.
Yeah, but THOSE "friends", don't let friends STOP watching tv

Just say NO to reality TV.

BBS Signature