00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

444rgh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Men With Painted Fingernails.

2,730 Views | 27 Replies

Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-10 21:15:22

Hey newgrounds!
What is your thought on men who paint their nails?
LIke, what's the first thing that pops in your head when you see it.
also does color make a difference on your choice.

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-10 21:25:06

thats pretty cool!
does color change on mood as well?
or do you have a set color.

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-10 21:32:19

At 5/10/16 09:29 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 5/10/16 09:25 PM, COWOX wrote: does color change on mood as well?
or do you have a set color.
i used to have various different shades but now i tend to stick to the same combo
pink undercoat
OPI crackle effect
clear top coat

very similar to this except the pink i use is darker

neat!

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-10 21:40:10

i hate to dismiss conversation but this is really just one of those "who cares" things

like... they're nails... they belong to them... they'll do whatever they want with them and it won't concern anyone else in the world...

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-10 21:48:08

At 5/10/16 09:42 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: you'd be surprised at how violent a lot of men become when they see a guy with painted nails
people definitely feel concerned about it

first i've ever heard of it.

what a time to be alive.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

It's their nails, but like everything else, if they look like shit I'll think of them as a lazy dirty person.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-10 22:21:20

It's interesting and strange. I've wanted to do it for a while now just to see what it's like, but I know I'll get all kinds of flak from work and family.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-10 22:56:14

At 5/10/16 10:21 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote: It's interesting and strange. I've wanted to do it for a while now just to see what it's like, but I know I'll get all kinds of flak from work and family.

that's what i thought...
then i did it. for the most part people didn't seem to care.
i was intrigued by this and thought id ask newgrounds.

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-10 23:16:06

I don't know, I always thought of it as more of a-

Wait a second.

If you get designs or colors anywhere else on your body it's just a tattoo. Everyone gets tattoos.

Shit.

I need to think about this for a bit. brb

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-10 23:32:36

I think the more open minded people here would just giggle and say you're such a faggot, clean that stuff up and joke around about it.
Then the older people, especially men, would probably kick my ass or give me a very vicious stare and judge me as one of them damn filthy homos.

Personally I'd think you're weird if you do that, unless it's some sort of, very special case. I'd also be drifting between the two opinions above or just follow the greatest philosophy of them all in these cases.

IDGAF

BBS Signature

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 01:41:59

At 5/10/16 11:16 PM, Kwing wrote: I don't know, I always thought of it as more of a-

Wait a second.

If you get designs or colors anywhere else on your body it's just a tattoo. Everyone gets tattoos.

Shit.

I need to think about this for a bit. brb

word i saw a guy with a banana tattooed too his palm...
that shits for life!

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 02:55:33

Depends on what the polish colour is (read: does it match his style?). The same with women, I guess.

Like, if you're an Adam Lambert-esque performer and you wear dark shades of pink or purple, they'd go well, but they wouldn't go well on the average metal or goth lover, for example.

I know it's a growing trend, and most men don't buy it. Some do. They shouldn't be ridiculed for trying this out.

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 03:00:55

I've never painted my nails, but I can pretty much guarantee that it would all chip off within a day. Even if it didn't, it would become so scratched and burned and scuffed that I might as well not be using it at all.

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 04:31:07

I polish them on special occasions. However with my work it is pointless to polish them because it would just chip away.

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 04:53:34

If you're actually offended by men with painted fingernails, then you're a pussy

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 08:14:27

Painted nails are usually weaker and are thus foolish, regardless of gender.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 08:35:43

I have some pretty strong nails so I think I could rock some paint.
That being said, I also don't want to be disowned by my family.

Kinda sucks that I'm not even joking.

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 09:37:53

At 5/10/16 09:15 PM, COWOX wrote: Hey newgrounds!

HEY

What is your thought on men who paint their nails?

It's a sin.

LIke, what's the first thing that pops in your head when you see it.

Pic.

also does color make a difference on your choice.

Black is slightly less sinful than red.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 09:47:50

At 5/10/16 09:42 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 5/10/16 09:40 PM, TOXlCITY wrote: they'll do whatever they want with them and it won't concern anyone else in the world...
you'd be surprised at how violent a lot of men become when they see a guy with painted nails
people definitely feel concerned about it

That's because a good amount of people are assholes who don't just mind their own business.

Do I paint my nails? No.
Do I care if someone paints their nails? No.

Sometimes goth or punk guys paint their nails black. I've also seen pink. I've also seen where only a single nail is painted, in which case it's usually the pinkie.

As far as I'm concerned anyone should be able to go around looking however the hell it is they want. Face tattoos and skull implant spikes? Cool with me, although I wouldn't go that far myself.

People have a cow because someone has unusual color hair or nails though -- pfft big deal.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 10:39:12

I never understood painted fingernails or fake nails. I even asked to some girls if it's to seduce guys or something, which wouldn't be very effective cuz I've never heard a guy saying shit about a girl's nails. They just said they think Its nice looking and I RESPECK that. If a guy also thinks it's nice looking then I'll RESPECK that too.

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 13:10:25

honestly, i'll probably think it's silly and may cast judgements. but do you, nobody's opinion matters but your own.

just not my thing, i also don't like "men" who spend a bunch of time on their appearance.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 13:25:13

At 5/11/16 12:16 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 5/11/16 10:39 AM, Moblin wrote: I've never heard a guy saying shit about a girl's nails.
well that's because the hair and boobs are usually the first things to get noticed, followed by dat ass.

legs after that. then choice in clothes. then their body art like nail painting or whatever.

people have to be done admiring one thing before they move on to the next. guys are single minded.

That's wrong. What you have done is specified the things you look for and in what order and are admitting that you are single minded, then erroneously extrapolating that information onto all males. But it doesn't apply to others. Just yourself.

For example, for me, ass isn't in the equation at all and I would rate style as far higher than you would. Also you haven't mentioned face at all. Face is extremely important. Face trumps everything else, then style. And *then* boobs.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 14:55:44

Sounds like a neat idea...

I'd probably do that after moving out of teh basement (figuratively speaking, since the house doesn't have a basement).

If Friendship is truly Magic, then I'm little more than a muggle in this regard...

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 15:26:30

Black is slightly less sinful than red.

i like black its cool

At 5/11/16 12:16 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 5/11/16 10:39 AM, Moblin wrote:

"guys are single minded."

I do preffer a nice ass on a woman, but don't call guys single minded though. Just because we like something doesn't mean we'll reject the other group of girls who don't have that particular thing.

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 17:15:22

Ehh......it's a little strange but do whatever makes you comfortable.

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 18:54:48

At 5/11/16 05:43 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 5/11/16 04:17 PM, Moblin wrote:
I do preffer a nice ass on a woman, but don't call guys single minded though. Just because we like something doesn't mean we'll reject the other group of girls who don't have that particular thing.
i was referring to paying attention to one thing about the girl at a time.

we deal with what's on our own plate first. dont feel like planning ahead when it's unnecessary. we live in the moment.

that sort of thing.

Yes, I see where you're coming from and I live in the moment most of the time, but some of my male friends have the same "planning ahead when it's unnecessary" personality. Especially with girls. Being nervous or stress could be a trigger, but my point is that the traits that you described aren't gender based. Maybe there's a majority of traits in a specific gender but Not all males are the same and not all females are the same.

Response to Men With Painted Fingernails. 2016-05-11 19:29:31

Acetone kills brain cells!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature