00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath

21,760 Views | 88 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 23:53:13

At 5/10/16 05:33 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: all the pages from my sketchook from Pico Day 2016!!!

I think I just had a minor heart attack this is awesome.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 00:59:56

At 5/11/16 12:55 AM, SuperUltraAusterity wrote: Fifth year in a row I didn't get to go due to last-minute unstable life circumstances. Next year I'll definitely come, if there is a Pico Day.

Wow dude bummer!!

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 09:21:45

At 5/10/16 05:33 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: all the pages from my sketchook from Pico Day 2016!!!
Minus the two drawings of my own that I used in this pic
if you aren't tagged it's because i can't read your username or you didn't write one
if you see your pic on here without being tagged let me know :D

page 1
@scott-falco
@thepivotsxxd
mindy kane

Woooo!!!! Mindy Kane's drawing!! =)

Sorry....boyfriend cheering her on. ;P
It was awesome meeting you, Yurgen!!!! =)

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 10:27:04

At 5/10/16 10:07 PM, RadioTubeClock wrote: It was certainly a magical time to say the least, including the fact that it was sunny on Pico Day weekend, even though it rained for a solid two weeks leading up to it and thus far the two days following.

Our luck with weather over the years has been on the verge of a religious experience. I seriously felt tingles every time I stepped outside and thought about it on Saturday.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 10:50:16

At 5/10/16 05:33 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: page 21

@yurgenburgen ayyy there I'm on page 21. it was cool meeting you dude!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 12:30:59

Have you considered having smaller events throughout the year as well? I'm sure people would buy tickets or make donations to come to events similar to the Draw the Jazza stream, could do a series with various NG guests teaching different skills - drawing. voice acting, etc or doing panels / meet&greets. It would be a great way to utilize the downstairs space and bring in some revenue to keep everything running.

Forgot to tag @tomfulp! Thanks again for having this event, I got to meet and spend time with people who were previously only names on NG/twitter before this weekend, everyone was really nice and offered great advice and encouragement!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 13:38:15

Bummed I got so late to the party, but happy to see everyone that stood late. Great crew

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 14:07:11

At 5/9/16 11:46 PM, Schizo-Sephy wrote:
At 5/9/16 11:43 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Actually I visited Milwaukee once and liked it... Maybe we need a Milwaukee meetup... Hotels were cheap there, too.
Really?
Fuck, I would love to do that.

While on the topic of other meet-up locations, why not choose Denver or the Mall of America as a change of pace?

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 15:08:33

At 5/11/16 02:07 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: While on the topic of other meet-up locations, why not choose Denver or the Mall of America as a change of pace?

We actually had a Denver Beerfest meetup... Maybe we should do that again.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 15:16:38

At 5/11/16 03:08 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/11/16 02:07 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: While on the topic of other meet-up locations, why not choose Denver or the Mall of America as a change of pace?

Munich, Germany Oktoberfest meetup 2017, you can do it I believe in you!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 15:21:08

We used to have all kinds of meetups: Montreal, Boston, nyc, London, Atlanta, Glasgow, Iceland. They are a pain to organize but nothing is stopping you from hosting one yourself.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 15:37:26

It has to stay invite-only because it's expensive to host so many people and there is limited space and bathroom capacity. I have a feeling demand will be higher than ever if we do it next year, too.

IF we do it next year, too? I see how it is.

-Pete

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 15:43:55

At 5/11/16 03:37 PM, Pete wrote:
It has to stay invite-only because it's expensive to host so many people and there is limited space and bathroom capacity. I have a feeling demand will be higher than ever if we do it next year, too.

Every Pico Day is the last Pico Day!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 16:31:01

Every Pico Day is the last Pico Day!

Then I'll just have to come every year from here on out!

-Pete

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 17:38:23

At 5/11/16 03:21 PM, Malachy wrote:
We used to have all kinds of meetups: Montreal, Boston, nyc, London, Atlanta, Glasgow, Iceland. They are a pain to organize but nothing is stopping you from hosting one yourself.

How about a Washington D.C. meet-up? If you're lucky the President might show up to give his seal of approval!

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 19:14:46

At 5/11/16 03:16 PM, Luwano wrote:

I doubt having a meet in what's probably the most expensive city in the country in the couple of weeks where there's stupid% markup on everything is the best of ideas, but I would absolutely try to plan one of my football trips around a Germany NG meet

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 19:59:56

I am super tired, and thought this thread said, " Best of April & Pico Day Muffins"

If I come next year, I'll bring muffins.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 20:04:58

At 5/11/16 07:14 PM, jonthomson wrote:
At 5/11/16 03:16 PM, Luwano wrote:
I doubt having a meet in what's probably the most expensive city in the country in the couple of weeks where there's stupid% markup on everything is the best of ideas, but I would absolutely try to plan one of my football trips around a Germany NG meet

That's a very good point, especially the hotels are insanely more expensive during Oktoberfest, if you even manage to find a free one without booking very long in advance. While I was joking in my post, a real meet in Germany or anywhere close (Netherlands / Belgium?) to many western and central european NG users would be great.

What football trips? Which club should I watch out for, in case it became Bayern Munich's opponent next season?

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 20:12:23

At 5/11/16 03:21 PM, Malachy wrote:

Hmmmmm....Atlanta meetup, anyone?

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-11 20:21:05

At 5/11/16 10:27 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/10/16 10:07 PM, RadioTubeClock wrote: It was certainly a magical time to say the least, including the fact that it was sunny on Pico Day weekend, even though it rained for a solid two weeks leading up to it and thus far the two days following.
Our luck with weather over the years has been on the verge of a religious experience. I seriously felt tingles every time I stepped outside and thought about it on Saturday.

It's given me such an incredible piece of mind the last two years. Even when it poured rain all of Friday, I couldn't fathom a non-Sunny Pico Day.
.....and I never will be able to.

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-12 10:16:16

At 5/11/16 07:59 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I am super tired, and thought this thread said, " Best of April & Pico Day Muffins"

Now I want a Pico Muffin. I imagine it would have carrot.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-12 13:16:08

At 5/12/16 10:16 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/11/16 07:59 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I am super tired, and thought this thread said, " Best of April & Pico Day Muffins"

Now I want a Pico Muffin. I imagine it would have carrot.

Might it just be orange frosting?

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-14 12:39:04

At 5/11/16 10:27 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Gods a real fan of that M-n-F category :3

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-15 11:09:24

At 5/11/16 05:38 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: How about a Washington D.C. meet-up? If you're lucky the President might show up to give his seal of approval!

I couldn't find a face to fit this picture.

seal of approval

Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-15 13:31:43

At 5/15/16 11:09 AM, Viper wrote:
At 5/11/16 05:38 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: How about a Washington D.C. meet-up? If you're lucky the President might show up to give his seal of approval!
I couldn't find a face to fit this picture.
seal of approval

Is that seal the same one from Club a Seal?
https://www.newgrounds.com/seals/

I know that there is a Pico Day 2015 submission that has one of the seals from Club a Seal take revenge on Tom, but I guess I forgot to fav that submission since I can't find it. I think the name of that submission was "Club a Tom".

It's a shame that we don't have more submissions inspired by Club a Seal.

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-16 03:37:35

At 5/15/16 11:09 AM, Viper wrote: I couldn't find a face to fit this picture.
seal of approval

I seal what you did there. XD

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-16 08:58:24

At 5/10/16 06:36 PM, MysticSkillz wrote: First....WOW! Pico Day was amazing! I had a good time chilling and running to some of you there. Sorry for those I met last year I didn't get a chance to catch you again this year.

@R1665 @TheShadling @Emily-youcis @Cecameron @Cleod-9 @Deathink @Zvch3 @Meliz1241 @Dylan @Jazlyte @Inexpensivejew @jackdcurleo @mattyburrito @levpo @Matt-Porter @Nalem @Saminat @Voltage @Spanio @Spinalpalm @Thewillyboo @Zj @Zbc @strawberryclock @Raziberry And the man himself @TomFulp
And I hope to see you guys again next year as well. Sorry if I miss anyone, if I did please let me know. XD

Didn't see you, I woke up sick and never made the trip :(
Still sick actually, though almost better (a few more days, hopefully).

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-17 08:10:49

At 5/9/16 11:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: It has to stay invite-only because it's expensive to host so many people and there is limited space and bathroom capacity. I have a feeling demand will be higher than ever if we do it next year, too.

Another reason to sell the office, and have the party at a convention center near the turnpike. Gotta divest while the divestin's good. It's a solid place, I'm sure if you keep it listed, maybe some online distributor (like a sawed-off Amazon) would be very interested.

Also, I wouldn't be the slightest bit perturbed at the sight of a chained-down can saying "Pico Day Donations" on it, even if all the attendees were supporters, their contributions get eaten up in hosting costs (among other things). Shame I wasn't there to force a few bucks onto your person ;)

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-06-04 13:47:36

At 5/10/16 06:36 PM, MysticSkillz wrote: First....WOW! Pico Day was amazing! I had a good time chilling and running to some of you there. Sorry for those I met last year I didn't get a chance to catch you again this year.

yeah the only reason I didn't make it was super gross illness junk. I was looking forward to it all year :< next year tho!