00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AllHailInsomnia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Keeping an ex's number?

552 Views | 15 Replies

Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-01 20:13:18

Who in the right mind even does that? And why? All I see is them just texting each other trying to get the last word in.

BBS Signature

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-01 21:39:36

Sometimes relationships end on good terms and you both still want to be friends but nothing more.
Not all relationships end with one or both of them being at the others throats and want the other to fuck off or something.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-01 21:41:34

Well, I keep my ex's number around on my phone, but it gathers dust. It's hella awkward when you accidentally text your ex, though, thinking she's someone else with the same name. O_o

BBS Signature

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-01 21:52:14

I had to break up with a girl a few weeks ago because her family had weird boundary issues and was simply cray-cray. I felt horrible about it but I told her I couldn't be with a person whose family didn't trust me and acted the way they did.

I had hopes that maybe she would try to contact me or just want to be friends.

I think depending on the situation, it might not be a bad thing but the way our relationship ended was very rapid and abrupt. I pitched all the datebook pages of her number and I don't have a cell phone.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-01 23:04:34

At 5/1/16 09:41 PM, Monster64 wrote: Well, I keep my ex's number around on my phone, but it gathers dust. It's hella awkward when you accidentally text your ex, though, thinking she's someone else with the same name. O_o

What is her response to that? Does she hate you? :P

BBS Signature

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-01 23:11:49 (edited 2016-05-01 23:12:11)

At 5/1/16 11:04 PM, Avery wrote:
At 5/1/16 09:41 PM, Monster64 wrote: Well, I keep my ex's number around on my phone, but it gathers dust. It's hella awkward when you accidentally text your ex, though, thinking she's someone else with the same name. O_o
What is her response to that?

Awkward talk. She thought I was trying to get together. This was like forever ago.

Does she hate you? :P

Naw, I'm the one who hates that disloyal fucking whore that sucks other men's dicks and is too much of a coward to break it off with me for a different guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-01 23:12:46

my problem isn't so much deleting contact info or not, i do. my problem is that i remember numbers pretty well.

have had to separate battery and phone in different pockets to avoid being a drunk ass on the phone.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-02 03:11:52 (edited 2016-05-02 03:12:27)

Well I can't speak for myself (sad face) but I have a few friends that have been able to remain good friends even after breaking up. So unless something really ugly happened to break a couple up I don't see why "keeping in touch" should be impossible.

On the other hand if someone still have a number for an ex girl/boyfriend that seen or even talked go in years then it is kind of strange.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-02 04:29:01

At 5/1/16 08:13 PM, Avery wrote: Who in the right mind even does that? And why? All I see is them just texting each other trying to get the last word in.

LOL at this shit, man. A lot of people do it and not even because of the reason you posted. Some ex's still remain friends. You're making it sound like keeping an ex in your life is ALWAYS a bad thing.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-02 05:51:07

Keeping an ex's number depends on how they broke up i think.

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-11 00:09:27

There's no point in being bitter about the past. Once it has happened, it has happened. I'd rather keep someone's phone number and be civil with them, than delete them out of my life permanently (assuming the feeling was mutual).

BBS Signature

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-11 01:02:53

At 5/11/16 12:53 AM, Voltage wrote:
At 5/2/16 04:29 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
LOL at this shit, man. A lot of people do it and not even because of the reason you posted. Some ex's still remain friends. You're making it sound like keeping an ex in your life is ALWAYS a bad thing.
I don't know, I mean you can harbor some serious emotions when things go south. I have a very hard time trying to "remain" friends with exes because the feelings aren't so mutual. Sometimes it doesn't go back to what it was and if you've had enough awkward relationships that just randomly end it can grain on your mentality and give you something like PTSD.

I was really drunk when I posted that, so...haha.

You do have a good point. You can't always be friends with an gf or bf after you break up with them. I completely agree with what you said.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-11 01:12:03

My ex and I had a pretty nasty break up, but now we're pretty good friends now, which was unexpected for me too be honest, but ALRIGHT!

BBS Signature

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-11 02:48:58

The only ex I don't have a number of is my first, the others ended on mutually agreeable terms so there's no reason for us not to keep talking.

BBS Signature

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-11 03:03:57

At first I think I kept her number and we were still friends online, but then she started talking about me online and we got into an argument too. So that was the end of that real quick. I have no idea what she does or where she is, although the last I heard she works at a mall kiosk.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Keeping an ex's number? 2016-05-11 18:45:40

you're a bitch if you remove phone numbers.

I have phone numbers from 2006 that I haven't deleted.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature