00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coheed23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Judge my Trump

339 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Judge my Trump 2016-05-01 15:27:37

I drew Donald Trump to practice my digital 'painting' and blending. I usually just use flat colors and shading (look at my previous drawings), so I wanted to try something slightly more complex.
In my opinion I didn't do too bad for a first real attempt, but I didn't do too well either.
I've yet to look at digital painting tutorials or anything, I wanted to see how I do without them first.

Tell me where I went right/ wrong. Thanks.

Response to Judge my Trump 2016-05-01 21:38:14

At 5/1/16 09:23 PM, EKM wrote: That's your first attempt? It's pretty good. There are some oddities such as the thumb not looking defined enough to show whether it's bending or just pointing straight sideways. I also think the right arm should be shown, rather than hidden like it's not even there at all. The colours look good. I don't know much about painting, so I can't tell you what you did right or wrong with the blending. Also, this guy looks more like JFK than Trump.

Well thank you for the compliment.

The thumb is straight sideways but I can see what you mean, definitely something I'll take note of.

The right arm was originally a thumbs up, but instead of taking the time to fix it and color and define it, I decided to just erase it and add the stripes.

Thank you for the critique you offered, and you're right- he does look like JFK.

Response to Judge my Trump 2016-05-02 07:25:45

At 5/1/16 09:23 PM, EKM wrote: Also, this guy looks more like JFK than Trump.

I saw this last night and thought it looked more like Jimmy Carter.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Judge my Trump 2016-05-02 08:09:22

At 5/2/16 07:25 AM, Decky wrote:
At 5/1/16 09:23 PM, EKM wrote: Also, this guy looks more like JFK than Trump.
I saw this last night and thought it looked more like Jimmy Carter.

Trump is a man of many men.