00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

An Ancient Lurker's Appeal!

404 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

An Ancient Lurker's Appeal! 2016-04-30 04:22:19

Greetings! I've enjoyed countless hours of content here on Newgrounds. Whether it be animations, games, music, or anything else in the creative spectrum, I'm constantly amazed by what people think up.

Now I'd like to create something, but I need help, advice, or both. I'll get right to it, but you may read more about my background and past projects below.

While working on my MBA, I took part in a few simulations that were relevant to the classroom material. They were mostly sub-par, mundane, and forced activities. These prices just didn't justify the content.

I want to create educational software that is the perfect synthesis of affordability, value, and addicting. That's my challenge, and it is by no means easy. If you Google "edutainment" or "educational games", you'll find a barren wasteland of homogenous swill, with only a few rare exceptions.

Now fast-forward to today. With the help of my game designer friend; I've outlined my scope, potential costs, and schedule. I've also reached out to friends and relatives to let them know what I'm doing. The next step is to put the concept out there, so I can receive feedback. After I feel I have enough completed, I will put this onto a crowd-funding website, and try to make my dream happen.

That's where I need help. I can't do it alone! I've taken the time to learn image and audio editing software. I understand the fundamentals of programming. The problem is I can't put my novice-level work out there and expect interest in turn.

I need help with:
-Turning my concept into code and animated reality.
-Front-End/Back-End Web-Development. The program would only be accessed by logging into a website.
-A 15 to 30-second high-quality trailer that can build interest in my concept.
-Someone to critique my logo, music, and concept.
-Beta testers

If you, or someone you know, can help me in anyway - I'd be eternally grateful.

To give you an idea of how likely I am to actually follow through and complete this project, please read below. Everything I've ever created has been free, and I take enjoyment from helping others out.

My Past Works:

Created countless WADs for Doom 2

I created several popular custom maps for WarCraft 3 back in it's heyday, including the most downloaded single-player map for the game. I spent over 600 man hours on this alone.

I reverse engineered one of the educational simulation's I took, and created a complicated spreadsheet that could accurately predict results given user variables.

Link to WC3 Map, Season of Uncertainty: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0dfQJS6rwQJS2t6TDBJQ2hoR2s
Link to spreadsheet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OxqqEVQRQw