00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What Meth Makes You Do

1,238 Views | 18 Replies

What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-27 00:01:55

So my friend said he ''accidentally'' took meth. He was given what he thought was ecstasy but later found out it was meth. He said he was already drunk and took it and that it felt good for a few hours, but he couldn't sleep for two or three days. He was widely awake and felt miserable and like total crap.

He told me that it sucked, for the most part.

Has anyone ever tried meth or knew anyone who has done it? Did it make them stay awake for days?

Of course, it's a drug that's not worth doing, but it sounds like it only has an appeal to people of a certain kind. Even if meth weren't bad, would you do it if it made you stay up a couple of days?

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-27 00:14:10

I've never tried it, but I can't feel sorry for your friend, either.

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-27 00:23:13

why is your friend so stupid

BBS Signature

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-27 00:47:43

At 4/27/16 12:41 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote: isnt ecstasy a pill-esque form of drug and meth a powder type drug?

it's kind of hard to mix those up if what i heard is true.

i hear meth doesnt do jack shit as a stimulant nor as a depressant, it's merely a hallucinogen that makes you freak out and tear holes in things. including yourself.

it can be made into a pill

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-27 00:51:36

At 4/27/16 12:01 AM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: So my friend said he ''accidentally'' took meth. He was given what he thought was ecstasy but later found out it was meth. He said he was already drunk and took it and that it felt good for a few hours, but he couldn't sleep for two or three days. He was widely awake and felt miserable and like total crap.

That's generally how drug dealers do it. They give meth to people looking for ecstasy, and then oops now you're hooked on meth and will keep coming back for more. That's why it's so dangerous when you don't know what you're getting or what it's cut with.

This is also where legalization and regulation of drugs would help tremendously. This exact problem would be removed. Your friend actually would get ecstasy and not meth (or rat poison or whatever the hell else the drug dealer decided to cut the stuff with).

He told me that it sucked, for the most part.

I wouldn't know but I'll take his word on that.

Has anyone ever tried meth or knew anyone who has done it? Did it make them stay awake for days?

Of course, it's a drug that's not worth doing, but it sounds like it only has an appeal to people of a certain kind. Even if meth weren't bad, would you do it if it made you stay up a couple of days?

I already stay up for days at a time anyway, on occasion. Why would I take a drug to make me do something I can already do? It's really not that hard to make yourself stay up. You just stay up. It's that simple.

That's like a pro body-builder who prides himself on never using steroids taking steroids. Why the hell would he when he already has big muscles from putting in a ton of work? I realize there are body-builders who do take them, but the ones who don't generally pride themselves on not taking them and getting to where they are legitimately.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-27 01:00:11

At 4/27/16 12:41 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote: isnt ecstasy a pill-esque form of drug and meth a powder type drug?

it's kind of hard to mix those up if what i heard is true.

i hear meth doesnt do jack shit as a stimulant nor as a depressant, it's merely a hallucinogen that makes you freak out and tear holes in things. including yourself.

Meth can be in pill form and I don't think people hallucinate on meth. I've never heard of that. That's what acid and shrooms are for.

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-27 01:08:17

At 4/27/16 01:03 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 4/27/16 01:00 AM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote:
Meth can be in pill form and I don't think people hallucinate on meth. I've never heard of that. That's what acid and shrooms are for.
so if it doesnt make you high and it doesnt make you relaxed, and it doesnt make you see funny shit either...

there doesnt seem much of a purpose for it other than suicide by poisoning.

Nobody says it doesn't make you feel high or relaxed, it just doesn't make you hallucinate, which has nothing to do with enjoying a high. Some people hate hallucinations. Obviously meth would make you high, it's just that it's not for everyone.

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-27 02:03:44

At 4/27/16 12:01 AM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote:

It's about a 6, 7 high. 11 hours max if I recall correctly.
It does make you stay awake and cuts appetite. The high should be a roller coaster effect in which you feel the high at one moment and eventually throughout the time you noticed it went away for it to only come back.

Only real negative effects besides the "ever so great lasting high" is it causes you to lose weight, urge to try the sustain again..... Might be missing something else. Not sure. But uhhh yeah, it causes you to stay away from quite awhile even if you wish to rest all the while sapping your energy.

happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-27 02:34:03

At 4/27/16 12:01 AM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: Has anyone ever tried meth or knew anyone who has done it? Did it make them stay awake for days?

No, because I'm not that stupid and don't associate myself with people who are.

At 4/27/16 02:03 AM, RandomRoarness wrote: Might be missing something else.

Like the fact that it's extremely addictive?

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-27 02:55:21

Say goodbye to your friend, and his fingertips...

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-27 06:05:28

At 4/27/16 02:34 AM, CiviLies wrote:
At 4/27/16 02:03 AM, RandomRoarness wrote: Might be missing something else.
Like the fact that it's extremely addictive?

Also the fact it'll give you bad teeth at least eventually. It's not called meth mouth for no reason.
And the fact it'll kill your looks at least eventually as well. Both of these are of course assuming prolonged use over several years. If you quit before you get to that point you might be okay, but better to not even try it in the first place because it's a tough habit for most people to break.

Also not everyone on meth will have "meth mouth" or bad looks. Anti-drug propaganda shows you all the worst cases only. Someone could be quite attractive and be on it, but it will kill their looks and their teeth eventually, if they don't quit in time, but that may be a few years down the road. So don't think just because someone looks good that they're not on meth (or any other hard drug for that matter).

Also their memory and reasoning ability goes to complete shit and that effect happens long before it kills their looks. To put it bluntly they're all really stupid. Those "ditzy blondes" might really be methy blondes. No joke.

It's a really common white people drug. And there's meth houses all over. If there's not one in your neighborhood, there's probably one in a nearby neighborhood. It's usually not that hard to spot the drug house in the neighborhood because it'll usually be the one that seems a bit "off" -- looks ten times shittier than any nearby houses, random cars stopping by there all the time and at odd hours, and supposedly shoes tied together and thrown over the power lines in front of the house is a sign but I'm not sure how accurate that one is.

Why they don't all get shut down? Well they do get shut down if they get caught but they have to get caught first. Nothing illegal about having a house that looks like shit and having lots of visitors over all the time, but it looks sketchy as fuck and 9 times out of 10, that's the drug house. Meth specifically? Maybe maybe not but odds are there's some kind of hard drug sales going on there. Could be meth. Could be heroin. Could be cocaine. Could be some other drug. Meth is common though.

There's really no positives to the stuff so I'm not sure why anyone (who wasn't already addicted) would intentionally take it, but it's extremely common for drug pushers to pass it off as "ecstasy" to get people onto it who otherwise had no interest to try it.

To the OP, your friend probably should be okay provided he doesn't take any more of it and quits while he's ahead. It's supposedly extremely addictive though, to the point most people end up hooked on it.

Better to not even try the stuff.

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-27 13:28:06

stupid people give meth a bad rap
there are lots of upper class meth heads
shut the heck up

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-27 13:47:39

At 4/27/16 12:38 PM, Homicidee wrote: Wait how can someone confuse X with meth? Clearly X is a fucking pill.

Simple. Because meth can be crushed up into pill form. Or you may have an ecstasy pill cut with meth, to make it extra addictive.

Because the street drug dealer isn't exactly the most honest guy around and because it's a known way to gain new meth addicts. I'd imagine meth addicts pull in more money than the occasional ecstasy user. It's not really that uncommon for ecstasy pills to be cut with meth or who knows what else really.

You really shouldn't trust street dealers to be honest with you. Maybe they give you what they say. Maybe they cut it with who knows what. Maybe they gave you something else entirely. Their incentive is just to bring in more money. If they can trick you into getting addicted to harder stuff so you're bringing them in more money, they'll do it.

At 4/27/16 12:35 PM, Anarkat wrote: what kind of idiot would 'accidentally' take meth?

An idiot that would buy "ecstasy" pills from a street dealer and blindly trust it. That's a very common way to start people on meth. They didn't even want meth -- they wanted ecstasy, but street dealer has no incentive to be honest and full incentive to make maximum cash and fulltime meth addict brings in more cash than occasional ecstasy user I would imagine.

That's the problem when something's illegal is there's no quality control. Who is the drug user going to sue if the dealer gave them the wrong stuff or cut it with other stuff? Essentially spiked the product? Nobody. The drug user can't exactly go to the police or it's an admission of guilt and they might be the ones in jail for using drugs. The street dealers know this.

Legalize and regulate and this problem goes away.

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-27 23:38:18

At 4/27/16 02:32 PM, Anarkat wrote:
At 4/27/16 01:47 PM, NeonSpider wrote: An idiot that would buy "ecstasy" pills from a street dealer and blindly trust it. That's a very common way to start people on meth. They didn't even want meth -- they wanted ecstasy, but street dealer has no incentive to be honest and full incentive to make maximum cash and fulltime meth addict brings in more cash than occasional ecstasy user I would imagine.
They do the same shit with crack. People would go and seek for X and crack was sold instead. Once you hooked onto crack, you will never leave the street. At least with meth, you could control in sort of level.

Oh definitely! You could definitely end up with crack. You could end up with rat poison. You could end up with anything. Ironically there are perhaps *more* drug addicts to some really heavy stuff strictly *because* drugs are illegal and so there's no quality control on street drugs and so the street dealers can give people just about anything and there's really no recourse.

A drug user who was given the wrong thing can't exactly go to the police about it without fear of getting locked up themselves. Their only other alternative is to take it up violently with their dealer, but chances are the dealer is armed to the teeth and in a gang with other gang members nearby somewhere ready to back him up. In short, taking it up violently with the dealer is likely to result in the death of the drug user.

So the street dealers can continue to do whatever the hell they want. How to stop all this practically overnight? Legalize and regulate. If someone's stupid enough to go to a street dealer when they could obtain what they want in a known pure form from a known reliable source they almost deserve what they get. The problem as it is is that effectively there are no alternatives and the street dealers have a monopoly on hard drugs and can get away with whatever they want and they typically know this.

Sure, dealers can get busted, but there's always more willing to take their place, and there's a lot of drug use going on inside the prison systems themselves, which speaks of the huge corruption of the prison systems. Theoretically, if you're thrown in prison, you shouldn't have access to anything contraband at all. In reality, they do. Sheer incompetence or deliberate scheming? And it's usually the cops that smuggle stuff into the prisons.

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-28 22:13:07

At 4/27/16 12:51 AM, NeonSpider wrote: That's generally how drug dealers do it. They give meth to people looking for ecstasy, and then oops now you're hooked on meth and will keep coming back for more.

This is a pretty cartoonish perception of drug dealers.

That's why it's so dangerous when you don't know what you're getting or what it's cut with.

I'll agree with that.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-29 00:58:30

Well, lets just say I am surprised I haven't been brought up on multiple vehicular manslaughter charges.

Me cogió la mierda de cuerpo muerto de su hija después de que le prendió fuego.

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-29 01:48:07 (edited 2016-04-29 01:48:14)

At 4/27/16 12:01 AM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: So my friend said he ''accidentally'' took meth.

You can't accidentally take meth unless someone puts into something you're drinking. I know someone who had that happen to them.

He was given what he thought was ecstasy but later found out it was meth.

I don't think you can confuse ecstasy for meth. Sounds like your friend is trying to make up an excuse and it's a bad excuse.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-29 13:16:55

never done it, won't do it. i don't like unnatural stuff, resist taking any medication unless i have to, so methamphetamine is totally out. i've known a meth head or two, i phase them out of my life pretty quickly, them and coke heads.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to What Meth Makes You Do 2016-04-29 17:25:44

At 4/28/16 10:13 PM, Seasons wrote: This is a pretty cartoonish perception of drug dealers.

In what way? I don't think it's unreasonable to say drug dealers will do unethical things if it brings in more money. If you "graduate" people to harder and harder stuff, they'll bring in more money. And it's not at all uncommon or unusual for drugs to be cut with who knows what. Why is it cartoonish to suggest a drug dealer might lace some ecstasy with meth to make it more addictive and secure a steadier stream of income? They have every incentive to do it.

At 4/29/16 01:48 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: I don't think you can confuse ecstasy for meth. Sounds like your friend is trying to make up an excuse and it's a bad excuse.

The meth could have been received in pill form or it could have been ecstasy laced with meth. What makes you think an illegal drug dealer wouldn't try to pull such a stunt if he thought it'd bring in more money?