00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up

26,184 Views | 98 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-27 11:52:19

At 4/27/16 10:13 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: tank man emoticon set

That would quite possibly be the most glorious thing that happened to NG since Tankmen itself.

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-27 12:58:16

At 4/27/16 10:10 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/26/16 10:08 PM, Bit wrote: @TomFulp, if I create a full set of official @Bit emoticons, will you add them to the site?
I'm treading carefully here at the moment so it doesn't get too bloated. Want to try and get a few superstar artists in here in the near-term.

Any chance we'll be seeing @Catoblepas emoticons in the future? I'm also hoping that @Luis and @DanPaladin are going to make some.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-27 13:12:02

At 4/27/16 10:14 AM, TomFulp wrote

Planning to stream, I gotta test that soon.

No plans to re-open the store but you can still snag shirts:

http://sharkrobot.com/collections/newgrounds

Thanks for the info

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-27 14:19:46

At 4/27/16 12:58 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Any chance we'll be seeing @Catoblepas emoticons in the future? I'm also hoping that @Luis and @DanPaladin are going to make some.

I'll see what can be done!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-27 14:48:00

At 4/26/16 12:52 PM, TomFulp wrote: @Liljim just finished our latest Supporter perk: Custom emoticon sets!

The launch set is by @Deathink and is perfect for anyone who wants to emote with skulls.

Yet another nifty little perk, thanks Tom.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-27 15:05:32

someone make penicorn emotes and then newgrounds can take my monies

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-27 16:54:25

At 4/27/16 12:58 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 4/27/16 10:10 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/26/16 10:08 PM, Bit wrote: @TomFulp, if I create a full set of official @Bit emoticons, will you add them to the site?
I'm treading carefully here at the moment so it doesn't get too bloated. Want to try and get a few superstar artists in here in the near-term.
Any chance we'll be seeing @Catoblepas emoticons in the future? I'm also hoping that @Luis and @DanPaladin are going to make some.

I'd like to see some @HappyHarry, @TheShadling, and @Piggler emoticons, personally.

Also @Yurgenburgen. I'd love to see what abstract emotes he would contribute.

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-27 19:28:28

hells to the yeah!

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-27 22:28:43

The new emoticon set is kickass. Great job!

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

At 4/27/16 07:08 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 4/27/16 04:54 PM, Bit wrote: Also @Yurgenburgen. I'd love to see what abstract emotes he would contribute.
i would totes do this woooo

Part of me is curious as to what you'd come up with.
But another part of me has a good idea and am already partially scarred for life.
.... @Tom you should let yurgenburgen make at least ONE emote.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-28 00:05:21

I don't know about you but I feel quite strongly that this should be an emoticon.

NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-28 01:17:54

At 4/28/16 12:05 AM, JoSilver wrote: I don't know about you but I feel quite strongly that this should be an emoticon.

I remember playing that game.

My penis had never been so confused as it was then.

You should make a sequel.

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-28 03:42:48

At 4/27/16 12:58 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Any chance we'll be seeing @Catoblepas emoticons in the future?

Now that'd be awesome.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-28 07:51:52

This is awesome! Newgrounds met the monthly goal of supporters!!! So when will Pico 2 be finished hehe?

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-28 09:57:03

I wish there was a way to set the emoticon set as default, like the deathink one via the settings tab or something. I imagine if there are going to be more emoticon sets it will get annoying having to go through the drop down to access the non-standard ones.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-28 10:18:35

At 4/28/16 09:57 AM, Luis wrote: I wish there was a way to set the emoticon set as default, like the deathink one via the settings tab or something. I imagine if there are going to be more emoticon sets it will get annoying having to go through the drop down to access the non-standard ones.

I like the idea of it just defaulting to the last set you used... Checking on that.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-28 10:22:47

At 4/28/16 10:18 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/28/16 09:57 AM, Luis wrote: I wish there was a way to set the emoticon set as default, like the deathink one via the settings tab or something. I imagine if there are going to be more emoticon sets it will get annoying having to go through the drop down to access the non-standard ones.
I like the idea of it just defaulting to the last set you used... Checking on that.

Ahh that IS how it works, but if you post without an icon it makes it revert to the default set. @liljim is changing that so it won't revert.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-28 12:08:04

At 4/28/16 10:22 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Ahh that IS how it works, but if you post without an icon it makes it revert to the default set. @liljim is changing that so it won't revert.

Fixed that. Supporter also get an edit window of 30 minutes as per @Whirlguy's request.

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-28 12:59:38

I <3 it!

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗDongers make me stronk!ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-28 16:27:31

At 4/28/16 12:08 PM, liljim wrote:
Fixed that. Supporter also get an edit window of 30 minutes as per @Whirlguy's request.

On the topic of editing posts... why not make the first post of a thread editable indefinitely?

For example:

I create a thread about Half-Life 3. Users spend the next month talking about what they think Half-Life 3 is going to be like. Suddenly, Valve makes an official announcement and reveals the release date. I want to make everyone aware of the release date and provide a link to the press release in my thread.

On other forums, it's not a big deal. I just post a reply to my thread with all the details and add a little one-liner to my original post so that others will know what's going on without looking through the whole thread.

Here, I reply to my thread and most users think that I just bumped my thread for no reason. Anyone who does actually read the thread needs to hunt and peck through several pages to get all of the emerging details which could have been added to the original post.

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-29 05:59:09

SKullsss Testtt

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-29 07:29:41

I spent the weekend in Boston, where we were showing Pit People at PAX! Pit People is game #4 from the Behemoth and we also had Castle Crashers and BattleBlock Theater arcade cabinets ready to play.

Those arcade cabinets are dope. All the cabinets at my house are full of dishes and bullshit.
These emotes are rad!

Krash17's mental health secrets:

Drink more water, sleep well, and if you want friends, be a friend.

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-29 08:54:06

At 4/28/16 04:27 PM, Bit wrote: On the topic of editing posts... why not make the first post of a thread editable indefinitely?

My concern over that would be users who want their topics gone may just go back through every topic they've ever created and remove the initial content (rather than making minor amendments as you suggest) instead of having their account deleted.

I dunno, for me content in forums doesn't belong just to those who create the threads - it belongs to everyone participating in them, which is why it sucks when accounts get deleted and take big chunks of forum and NG history with it. Not to mention the other issues it creates for other websites (unless they're actively checking for 404s) who link back to the content. A good number of WIKI articles link to dead topics here and the only thing worse than that IMO would be linking back to a topic that has had its entire meaning or initial flow changed.

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-29 08:58:24

At 4/28/16 12:08 PM, liljim wrote: Fixed that. Supporter also get an edit window of 30 minutes as per @Whirlguy's request.

Awesome! That was very quick too!

At 4/28/16 04:27 PM, Bit wrote: On the topic of editing posts... why not make the first post of a thread editable indefinitely?

I've actually proposed this myself at Picoday last year, although I specifically requested this feature for the collaboration forums. I'm totally behind you on this one! The forums are pretty outdated. Anything to modernize the forums could attract more public, I think.

I create a thread about Half-Life 3. Users spend the next month talking about what they think Half-Life 3 is going to be like. Suddenly, Valve makes an official announcement and reveals the release date. I want to make everyone aware of the release date and provide a link to the press release in my thread.

Pfft, like that will ever happen ;D

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-29 17:20:02

I hope Castle crashers remastered comes to PS4 as well Pit People is going to be amazing.

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-29 20:17:04

Nice I just obtained these now :3

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-29 20:31:44

At 4/27/16 10:15 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/27/16 02:31 AM, ColonelCheru wrote: Sorry I missed you too! The 2 times I went to the Behemoth booth, you weren't there. :'3
GOOD NEWS IS I'll see you in a week!
Oops I do tend to wander. Did @Zeurel come by with you too?

Nah, Zeu was IN my group and he was hard to keep track of.

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-29 22:53:41

At 4/28/16 12:08 PM, liljim wrote:

I honestly JUST saw that and was wondering what the hell happened. I've encountered a bunch of situations where I wanted to edit a post but just barely missed the 15 minute time frame to edit so I more than welcome this.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-30 00:22:39

Bummed out I missed it this year! Glad you guys had a good time.

I'll be back next year -- hope you bring the arcade cabinets with you again!

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-30 13:08:41

At 4/30/16 12:22 AM, DavidOrr wrote: Bummed out I missed it this year! Glad you guys had a good time.

I'll be back next year -- hope you bring the arcade cabinets with you again!

Seeya there!

BBS Signature