00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are metal fans the worst?

3,570 Views | 60 Replies

Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 05:09:48

They always try to shove their music into our faces even if we don't care.

You don't see people who like House music rub it into others.

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 05:16:45

At 4/22/16 05:09 AM, Khifa wrote: You don't see people who like House music rub it into others.

I assume you mean "House" House and not "Electro House".

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 06:38:58

Are metal fans the worst what? The worst muffin-makers? Well I don't imagine most metal fans make muffins, so maybe.
You really have what is known as an incomplete thought there.

As for metal fans shoving music in other people's faces, um ... what? That .. just doesn't happen. You typically have to go out of your way to find or listen to metal music. Not the other way around. Common pop music is what's typically shoved in people's faces, not metal music.

If anything metal fans are only likely to discuss their music with other metal fans or people who show interest. Then again I'm a bit curious what you consider to be metal. Give me some specific bands that are, in your opinion, constantly shoved in your face. I'm preparing for the lols.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 06:58:28

At 4/22/16 05:09 AM, Khifa wrote: They always try to shove their music into our faces even if we don't care.

Aww is the witty bitty raver need a snuggle and a nap nap? Were the big bad metal heads mean to you? Metal is very well known to be brutal , and close minded.

Its just music.
Who cares , and if so why?

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 09:34:15

At 4/22/16 05:09 AM, Khifa wrote: They always try to shove their music into our faces even if we don't care.

I have never experienced a metal fan shoving their music into my face. Nor have I witnessed a metal fan shoving their music into another person's face. It just doesn't happen.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 09:34:30

Metal music is the best, so naturally its fans are the best too! Seriously, out of all the people I know, the greatest assholes are mainstream.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 10:31:33

I'm one of them, so yeah!

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 13:47:13

At 4/22/16 09:39 AM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Which metal are you talking about? There are many camps: speed metal, thrash metal, black metal, power metal, and progressive metal just to name a few off the top of my head. And they are all vying for what is "true metal" or even true music for that matter.

Basically, if they don't like it, they don't think it's legitimate.

That's rare from what I've seen. It's mostly trying to set straight the misunderstanding about "nu metal" and "metalcore", which isn't about liking or not liking it. I listen to that stuff pretty often lately and I know I'm not the only one (some are a lot more into it than I am and will still tell you the "metal" in the name is misleading). Some aren't very polite about it, though, which is unnecessary. People can also get defensive and mad in response regardless. I see that a lot. But I have come across some people accusing metal bands of not being metal just because they're a little different.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 18:28:41

At 4/22/16 09:39 AM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Which metal are you talking about? There are many camps: speed metal, thrash metal, black metal, power metal, and progressive metal just to name a few off the top of my head. And they are all vying for what is "true metal" or even true music for that matter.

I don't personally hear a lot of arguments on what is considered metal, and what isn't, as they generally know the difference between what is metal and not. Having said that, there has been a lot of flak towards nu metal, metalcore and to a lesser extent hair metal for not being true "metal", despite sounding pretty damn close to metal. Really, I think it's a matter of overexposure more so than anything else on why Nu metal and it's offshoots are controversial within the metal community.

Very true, but you can make the similar argument for fans of different genres of music, it isn't exclusive to metal.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 18:35:27

At 4/22/16 05:35 AM, Xtr3meR wrote: Niiice, it's a fellow metal fan.

You call that HUGE?

I've seen bigger...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 19:31:03

Metal fans went extinct around 2009. If you are positive that what you're seeing is a metal fan, immediately capture it for tagging and release.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 20:18:34

I love heavy metal music in all genres. :)

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 20:49:40

Yes. Especially this one. @1docholl

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 21:00:00

Yes they are, but it's okay, real metal died with Metallica. All they have left is their emo clothes and vh1.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 23:07:01

At 4/22/16 06:28 PM, orangebomb wrote:
I don't personally hear a lot of arguments on what is considered metal, and what isn't, as they generally know the difference between what is metal and not.

Aren't you fortunate. All I have heard my whole life is, "This is metal and that isn't." Seriously, 'metal' is such a broad term, but a ton of metalheads are elitist as all get out (part of why I used to identify as 'goth', because I liked all kinds of music with goth metal, nu metal, industrial metal, folk metal and black metal being my favourites). I really like nu metal, so you can imagine I am ALWAYS seeing people say, "This isn't metal," all over the place. I'm not a big fan of metalcore, but that doesn't mean it ain't metal.

Very true, but you can make the similar argument for fans of different genres of music, it isn't exclusive to metal.

Yes, but it is a prominent feature of metalhead culture.

Also, on topic, the only time you're gonna have metalheads shove music at you is if they know you listen to metal.

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-22 23:31:13

At 4/22/16 09:34 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: the greatest assholes are mainstream.

Absolutely true. Gotta love when some asshole tells you you have shit taste in music and then they go listen to Avril Lavigne, Lady Gaga, or Katy Perry, ROFLMAO!

Valid points. I'm not a genre snob though. You can have genre snobs with any genre of music, by the way, and not just metal.

At 4/22/16 09:58 AM, Sekhem wrote: metal fans aren't the worst, but some metal is certainly fucking terrible

You can find terrible music in just about any genre though.

metal peaked in the 80s with thrash (particularly kreator, slayer, and sodom)

All good bands.

black metal sucks, death metal sucks, and all that dumbass power metal sucks the most

Nah. Those don't suck at all. Maybe they're just not your preference, which is okay, but I'd certainly rather listen to any of that than any of the typical pop music on the radio.

At 4/22/16 09:00 PM, Ryanson wrote: Yes they are, but it's okay, real metal died with Metallica. All they have left is their emo clothes and vh1.

Seriously? I mean Metallica is a good band and all. But they're not the only good band.

At 4/22/16 11:07 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Also, on topic, the only time you're gonna have metalheads shove music at you is if they know you listen to metal.

I agree. Speaking of, you are free to recommend me any metal if you wish. I'm always up to suggestions. I won't guarantee I'll like everything, but yeah I give things a shot.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-23 00:36:11

At 4/22/16 05:09 AM, Khifa wrote: You don't see people who like House music rub it into others.

Uh yes. Yes I have. And it's pretty damn annoying.

I actually like all of these. Same with Folk Metal, Drone, Doom Metal. Stoner Metal, Death Metal, some Hair Metal (which is just Glam Rock), old school Heavy Metal and/or "Proto-Metal", Sludge Metal, and so on and so forth. Everything under the sun is good in my book. Unless it's literally just legit noise that doesn't have anything musical to it (even though I do like some NON and Merzbow) I'll listen to it. And probably like it too.

I was about to get into Metalcore but I'm not going to because I really don't want to argue that shit with people right now.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-23 05:45:17

At 4/22/16 11:31 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Gotta love when some asshole tells you you have shit taste in music and then they go listen to Avril Lavigne, Lady Gaga, or Katy Perry, ROFLMAO!

Those aren't even the worst.

you are free to recommend me any metal if you wish. I'm always up to suggestions. I won't guarantee I'll like everything, but yeah I give things a shot.

You should go looking for a band called No One's Owned. And I'm totally not only saying this because their singer is my cousin…

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-23 14:37:22

At 4/22/16 09:00 PM, Ryanson wrote: Yes they are, but it's okay, real metal died with Metallica.

....what? I'm really hoping you're joking.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-23 17:06:15

I've never experienced this. On the other hand I have experienced this with modern day pop since it's so prevalent.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-23 20:50:19

I'd say punks are the worst, metal fans are a close second though.
my personal metric are how snobby people are at shows, usually people at regular old rock or indie-ish shows have something atleast mildly flattering or productive to say about the music, punks and metalheads will always bitch about something, be it the crowd, the venue, the band itself, the cover, etc.

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-24 20:17:04

o-okay...

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-24 21:17:36

When you get caught in a mosh with Metal's most devout is when you can truly see the worst in a Metal Fan.

At 4/23/16 02:37 PM, Viper wrote: ....what? I'm really hoping you're joking.
At 4/23/16 06:14 AM, zornuzkull wrote: Bollocks...

Sorry, I don't make the rules.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-25 20:33:54

At 4/25/16 08:30 PM, Ryanson wrote:
At 4/23/16 02:37 PM, Viper wrote:
At 4/22/16 09:00 PM, Ryanson wrote: Yes they are, but it's okay, real metal died with Metallica.
....what? I'm really hoping you're joking.
Sorry, I don't make the rules.

You've missed a lot in the last couple of decades.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

At 4/25/16 08:33 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: You've missed a lot in the last couple of decades.

Metal was better before Dave left Metallica

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-25 20:56:26

At 4/25/16 08:38 PM, Ryanson wrote:
At 4/25/16 08:33 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: You've missed a lot in the last couple of decades.

In 1983?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-25 21:02:53

At 4/25/16 08:56 PM, Viper wrote:
In 1983?

The DAY the MUSIC DIED

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-25 21:06:21

I don't like people with big beards screaming at me through a radio.

BBS Signature

Response to Are metal fans the worst? 2016-04-25 21:32:32

"Prog rock was better berore Greg Lake left King Crimson".

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature