00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Proximothegr81 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Movies so terrible-

2,427 Views | 28 Replies

Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 12:13:19

(You think) they're good.

Talking strictly opinion based, films that were poorly critically reviewed and/or disliked by a majority of people but you still enjoy.

The biggest one that comes in mind for me is the "new" version of Deathrace. Which I'm watching now

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 12:23:04

Everyone is going to say The Room.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 12:56:08

Foodfight!

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 13:06:02

At 4/21/16 12:58 PM, zornuzkull wrote: Soylent green...

Some kind of drug-driven Apocalypse?

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 14:06:04

son of the mask

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 14:15:00

I liked the 2014 Annie movie.

You know, the one where Annie was black.

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 14:29:12

At 4/21/16 12:13 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: (You think) they're good.

Talking strictly opinion based, films that were poorly critically reviewed and/or disliked by a majority of people but you still enjoy.

The biggest one that comes in mind for me is the "new" version of Deathrace. Which I'm watching now

I really like adam sandler movies. At least, most of them

My favourite is probably Don't mess with the zohan

I am a multimedia developer who makes music, programs, games, art, and more. Currently working on my operating system simulator ME-OS!

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 15:12:28

At 4/21/16 12:44 PM, Hoodie wrote: I fucking love Krull

Hell yes. I've been watching that since before I could form long term memory. One of the movies I've rewatched the most in my life, probably. The theme pops into my head out of nowhere sometimes.

At 4/21/16 02:18 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: Masters of the Universe.

Also been watching this since before I could remember.

Frank Langella as Skeletor.

How sure of a sequel were they to put this in at the end? Instead, we got Cyborg (I loved Cyborg as a kid) with what sets and costumes they made (and for a cancelled Spiderman movie) then Cannon was gone. hah!

At 4/21/16 02:37 PM, Anarkat wrote: Equilibrium was very bad, however the concept is really cool. I was quite mad when they bombed it. Same for Repo Men.

:(

lol Nah that movie is silly.

Movies so terrible-

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 15:12:31

I'm not even sure, to be honest. The Hobbit movies were fucking great to me and a lot of critics, but received a lot of flak by fans.

Then again I've never read any of the Hobbit books.

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 20:34:49

At 4/21/16 12:58 PM, zornuzkull wrote: Soylent green...

It's worth checking out for the poster alone

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 20:43:38

At 4/21/16 08:19 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: so this is different from how you agree that machete was so bad at being an action movie that it made an excellent comedy.

in that case i dunno.

Did I make a thread like this before?

Idk you people clearly don't have much to worry about and life, you can remember what I posted on a forum 2 years ago.

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 21:36:09

The only thing that comes to mind is the Amazing Spider-Man. Alot of people didn't like it but I thought it was pretty good.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 21:41:32

Machete (just the first one) was both amusing and badass.

At 4/21/16 09:36 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote: The only thing that comes to mind is the Amazing Spider-Man. Alot of people didn't like it but I thought it was pretty good.

First was good. Second one, Peter and Gwen were the only good thing about the movie while everything else blew.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 23:36:01

At 4/21/16 11:24 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: if wahyaranger is not banditwoolybear then no you didnt.

It's split personality disorder okay?!

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-21 23:41:20

Two answers in the classic category.

Dune. It's long, melodramatic, steeped in barely explained lore and I adore it.

Ralph Bashkis Lord of the Rings. The animation is experimental at best and the acting is all over the place. But it was the first "grown up cartoon" I ever saw and it imprinted on me.

Modern:

The Transporter movies. These probably aren't considered very good, as action schlock rarely is, but Jason Statham seemed like a new coming of the classic action star. The fact I was almost as bald then as I am now might have lent to my admiration.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-22 00:45:00

sigh...

I absolutely love The Secret of NIMH 2: Timmy to the Rescue.

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-22 01:30:20

At 4/22/16 01:14 AM, SithCorduroy wrote: Burn the heretic.

I do think it is an awful movie and does not come close to living up to the original. It adds absolutely nothing as a sequel. The characters are bland, they disgraced the Great Owl, completely shunned Mrs. Brisby. It is an absolute train wreck of a movie... and yet I still love watching it, even to this day. I will sit down and actively watch this whole movie. I guess mainly because of two things...

One (spoiler alert) this masterpiece! The lyrics in this are bat shit insane! I especially love the part...

Butterflies and pretty flowers
sunny skies and super powers
silver streams and fluffy kitties
laser beams and rubbled cities!

It is just amazing!

Two would be this song. This is legitimately a good song. I mean the one sung by the characters, not the one in the credits. This is just a beautiful song and if this movie actually had any kind of effort put into it with these characters this song could have had a lot more of an impact.

Other than that yeah the movie sucks.

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-22 01:56:41

Batman vs Superman

I'm going to be flailed now aren't I

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-22 02:06:09

Pootie Tang
Cabin Boy
Spring Breakers
Not Another Teen Movie
The Brady Bunch Movie
Where the Wild Things Are

At 4/21/16 02:06 PM, Natick wrote: son of the mask

Lol why.

At 4/21/16 01:06 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: Some kind of drug-driven Apocalypse?

Whoa, you could be the first person in over 40 years to watch Soylent Green without already knowing the big twist ahead of time.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-22 15:20:13

Sinister wasn't all that great but I liked it because of its execution scenes.

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-22 17:55:02

I said this once, and I will say it again:

Battlefield Earth

I don't know what it is, but the whole idea of humanity rising up from the ashes and overthrowing their alien masters really appeals to me.

And now that I think about it, Battlefield Earth has a very similar plot to the game Half-Life 2.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-22 18:08:08

Time for a romantic comedy.

50 first dates. Very possibly the last of his comedy movies Adam Sandler gave a shit about. The characters are likable. The chemistry with him and Drew Barrymore is undeniable. And personally I'm just tasteless enough to enjoy Hawaiian rehashes of 80's songs.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-23 00:16:02

Creepshow.
The acting is bad and the script isn't a whole lot better.
But for some reason I just can't seem to NOT love the damn thing to pieces.
I mean hell man. It's directed by George Romero, written by Stephen King, and it's got Tom Savini working on it too. As well as starring: Leslie Nielsen, Ted Danson, Ed Harris, Tom Atkins (was in the original The Fog, Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Lethal Weapon, etc.) Hal Holbrook, Adrienne Barbeau, and so on and so forth.

At 4/22/16 02:06 AM, Dr-Worm wrote: Not Another Teen Movie

Can't believe I forgot all about this. I loved this movie growing up and watched it A LOT.

At 4/21/16 01:06 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: Some kind of drug-driven Apocalypse?
Whoa, you could be the first person in over 40 years to watch Soylent Green without already knowing the big twist ahead of time.

Soylent Green...is...........a surprise!

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-23 14:13:02

At 4/23/16 07:53 AM, Centaurora wrote: Spider-Man 3
I'm kidding btw

Chew on this....

*snap*

*snap*

*snap*

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-24 04:04:39

i only saw one 2015 movie last year and havent seen a new movie this year

there just that bad lmao

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-24 12:07:09

At 4/21/16 02:18 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: Masters of the Universe.

You mean there was a He-Man movie? How have I never heard of this?

At 4/21/16 08:19 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: machete was so bad at being an action movie that it made an excellent comedy.

Machete was an action comedy. This wasn't accidental. And yes it was a good movie. This doesn't count as "so bad it's good" because it was intentional. To be "so bad it's good" the movie has to legitimately suck but people somehow like it anyway.

At 4/21/16 10:06 PM, DomoMekko wrote: I don't know why but I think that older movies are much better than the new ones

That's because they are much better. Of course someone could always pick an old stinker and compare with a new movie that's decent, but if you pick like an "average" movie from each period and compare them or if you pick maybe the best movies from various years, yeah the older movies are generally better. Well, at least from the 1970s and onward -- you go too far back and you get majority stinkers again.

At 4/22/16 02:06 AM, Dr-Worm wrote: Spring Breakers

For the most part I agree. That was a good movie but then again I like party movies. I was thinking it was going to suck because all the reviews said it sucked but then I watched it and it didn't suck.

I liked both Dukes of Hazzard movies. For some reason not a lot of people liked those apparently.

Miss March was also a good movie that didn't get good ratings.

I guess it depends if you like party movies or not. I happen to like party movies and stoner movies.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-24 12:14:04

The Super Mario Bros Movie and Street Fighter.

But I have a weird thing for hokey 90s action movies.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-24 12:24:39

At 4/24/16 12:14 PM, Chdonga wrote: The Super Mario Bros Movie

Probably a result of the writers who had no idea what they were doing who were replaced by writers who had even less of an idea of what they were doing. The result being a movie that was so far removed from the source material that you could change the characters' names and it would instantly become its own IP without any change in the story or visuals.

The fact that they were actually able to make it entertaining has amazed me since the first time I watched it, and it still amazes me to this day.

Movies so terrible-

Response to Movies so terrible- 2016-04-25 13:37:37

At 4/22/16 02:06 AM, Dr-Worm wrote: Lol why.

(it's the one time that the nostalgia critic has ever made a remotely funny or insightful review in his entire career) because if you watch it as a family-friendly comedy, of course it's gonna suck, but if you watch it as a surreal horror film, it takes on a completely different life of it's own.

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature