00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Favorite Saints Row Game

976 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-04-12 12:14:26

My personal favorite is Saints Row 2. I do enjoy the third and fourth installments, but the second one still has the old cool gang aspect to it before things got a little farfetched. Players also had the ability to purchase several cribs and customize them however they wanted. Another thing I appreciate about Saints Row 2 is that you can replay missions whenever you want. There are some more things I really like about Saints Row 2 that I'm not including because it would just be a rant.

So, what is your favorite Saints Row game, guys and gals?

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-04-12 13:21:15

Aw man.. how frustrating is it that the second one is the only one in the series that Ive never played!? I hear a lot that the second is the best of them all. I remember buying Just Cause 2 instead, which I regret to this day.
I feel like the first one is a bad ripoff off of GTA SA, vehicle controls were shit and the game was borderline bad in general. I kinda liked the drug effects that they sadly took away in the 2nd installement :( (i think?)
The third one was fun for a while. I liked the sandbox feel, however it made me feel even less immersed in the game. Thats what made it boring after finishing all the missions.
While playing the fourth one I experienced a lot of game breaking bugs; some of which removed my completed save file. It is however a better version of the third one, but it feels more like a DLC. I liked that your character gets OP as shit though and you can destroy the shit out of Steelport.
Id say the fourth one is my favorite anyway ^^, though I havent played the games in years

Listen to drumstep awesomeness xd: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/683617

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-04-12 14:10:12

At 4/12/16 01:21 PM, LaserVision wrote: It is however a better version of the third one, but it feels more like a DLC.

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that it started off as a big DLC for 3 but got too big so they made it the fourth game.

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-04-13 14:45:59

At 4/12/16 01:21 PM, LaserVision wrote: I feel like the first one is a bad ripoff off of GTA SA, vehicle controls were shit and the game was borderline bad in general. I kinda liked the drug effects that they sadly took away in the 2nd installement :( (i think?)

I've never got the chance to play the first one because they only made it for Xbox 360 and I'm a PlayStation person. Also, they still had the drug effects in the second one.

The third one was fun for a while. I liked the sandbox feel, however it made me feel even less immersed in the game. Thats what made it boring after finishing all the missions.

What I don't like about the third one is that the story is kind of boring. Also, the new gangs they brought in were kind of stupid.

While playing the fourth one I experienced a lot of game breaking bugs; some of which removed my completed save file.

Did you play the fourth one on PC?

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-04-13 15:00:00

At 4/13/16 02:45 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
I've never got the chance to play the first one because they only made it for Xbox 360 and I'm a PlayStation person. Also, they still had the drug effects in the second one.

Do they act like in the first one though? In Saints Row they could increase player damage and similar stuff if I remember correctly. I recall reading that they dont do more than making the screen blurry in the second one.

What I don't like about the third one is that the story is kind of boring. Also, the new gangs they brought in were kind of stupid.

I agree.

No I played all of them on Xbox 360 :P

Listen to drumstep awesomeness xd: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/683617

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-04-13 15:10:41

At 4/13/16 03:00 PM, LaserVision wrote:
At 4/13/16 02:45 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
Do they act like in the first one though? In Saints Row they could increase player damage and similar stuff if I remember correctly. I recall reading that they dont do more than making the screen blurry in the second one.

Yeah, in the second one certain activities would increase certain things like your health, stamina, player strength, etc. Also, in the second one the screen gets all blurry when you get your player high. Then if you get them drunk the screen starts to move and intensifies the more you drink.

No I played all of them on Xbox 360 :P

Huh, I would think playing it PC would make it a possibility for your game data to get erased randomly. I've never had that problem on my PS3.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-04-13 15:25:39

I know I'm supposed to say 2, but I enjoyed 3 the most. Each one I played was when it was still the latest one.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-04-13 15:28:53

At 4/13/16 03:10 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Yeah, in the second one certain activities would increase certain things like your health, stamina, player strength, etc. Also, in the second one the screen gets all blurry when you get your player high. Then if you get them drunk the screen starts to move and intensifies the more you drink.

In the first one the drugs act more like power ups though, they are only temporary and somewhat more OP. Doing activities in any of the games does increase player stats permanently.

Huh, I would think playing it PC would make it a possibility for your game data to get erased randomly. I've never had that problem on my PS3.

My Xbox 360 hates certain games I guess. Had similar problems with Crysis 2. I have looked it up online but nobody seems to experience the same thing :P

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-04-14 04:52:48

At 4/13/16 03:28 PM, LaserVision wrote:
At 4/13/16 03:10 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Yeah, in the second one certain activities would increase certain things like your health, stamina, player strength, etc. Also, in the second one the screen gets all blurry when you get your player high. Then if you get them drunk the screen starts to move and intensifies the more you drink.
In the first one the drugs act more like power ups though, they are only temporary and somewhat more OP.

Oh, okay, cool. I never knew that.

Doing activities in any of the games does increase player stats permanently.

True. I was thinking differently because in the third and fourth ones the only way you can up a majority of your stats is by buying them. There are still some activities that increase certain things, though.

My Xbox 360 hates certain games I guess. Had similar problems with Crysis 2. I have looked it up online but nobody seems to experience the same thing :P

Another reason to not be an Xbox fan...haha jk. And wow, I haven't played Crysis 2 in forever.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-04-14 08:21:07

Saints Row 3

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-04-15 06:32:58

At 4/13/16 03:25 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I know I'm supposed to say 2, but I enjoyed 3 the most. Each one I played was when it was still the latest one.

Why the third one? That one is my least favorite because I thought the storyline was kind of boring.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-04-15 14:26:14

At 4/15/16 06:32 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 4/13/16 03:25 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I know I'm supposed to say 2, but I enjoyed 3 the most. Each one I played was when it was still the latest one.
Why the third one?

I had the most fun playing it. 2 might be my second favorite. I hardly pay attention to the story in games like that. I couldn't tell you a thing about the plot of Just Cause 2.

That one is my least favorite because I thought the storyline was kind of boring.

Probably the first one for me.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-04-15 16:38:40

I would have to say that SR2 is my favorite out of all of them, as it has the best mix of absurdity with gameplay. Along with Just Cause and Arkham series, I go after the side quests and activities before I tackle the main story.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-07-03 03:07:02

thuh thurd

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-07-11 15:06:47

At 7/11/16 02:00 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: 4 is my fave! It was also the first one i played. I really loved it!

Yeah, the fourth one is a lot of fun. I really like it, too.

I played 3 but it was mostly miss for me. Most of the humor in 3 came across as trying too hard.

I don't really care for the third one either. The story is kind of boring.

I have saints row 2 but have not played it yet.

What!? You have to play it like RIGHT now! That one is my favorite. That one still has the whole gangbanger thing going on with it.

Considering you're playing the series backwards, you probably won't like it very much. I hope I'm wrong, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-07-11 15:25:30

At 7/11/16 03:17 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: Wish they had the British voice in 3 and 4.

They do have a British voice. Or are you talking about them having the same British voice from the second one?

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-07-12 01:09:27

Played 'em all. The first one's a classic GTA clone, one of the defining titles of the early years for the 360. The second game took the first one's formula and improved it tenfold. The third game realized the only way to continue was to become a parody of itself, and the fourth game somehow managed to go even further.

It's somewhere between 2 and 3 for me. I beat both-- no, I CONQUERED both. Both were infinitely replayable and were a blast to unlock everything in. The fourth game was more like a quick Infamous clone but I still enjoyed it.

If I had a gun to my head I'd prolly pick 3.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Saints Row Game 2016-07-12 04:05:56

At 7/11/16 09:00 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: I've only ever played 3 and 4.

I love 4.

If you're ever able to get a hold of the second one, buy it.

BBS Signature