00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games you second guess getting

864 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Games you second guess getting 2016-04-07 15:56:47

There's probably been a time where you grab a game off the shelf and check it out and just put it back. You seen videos and reviews for it, you want to play it but cant get yourself to buy it.

For me, L.A. Noire is the biggest one. It looks so good and I dont have much to lose since you can buy it used for 5 dollars.

Response to Games you second guess getting 2016-04-07 16:17:56

At 4/7/16 03:56 PM, omega88x wrote: There's probably been a time where you grab a game off the shelf and check it out and just put it back. You seen videos and reviews for it, you want to play it but cant get yourself to buy it.

That is what I do when I browse games in the local store.

But as for games that I'm seriously considering: Star Wars Battlefront, The Sims Get Together and Grand Theft Auto V (PC) are the only ones that come to mind right now.

But I will most certainly be getting Doom when it comes out next month.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Games you second guess getting 2016-04-07 18:14:20

At 4/7/16 03:56 PM, omega88x wrote:
For me, L.A. Noire is the biggest one. It looks so good and I dont have much to lose since you can buy it used for 5 dollars.

L.A. Noire is a terrific game. I recommend getting it.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you second guess getting 2016-04-07 19:29:13

sleeping dogs. the driving dynamics were horrible, but worse, glitches. maybe i was driving too fast, i dunno, but i couldn't go hardly anywhere without the road surface disappearing and eating up my vehicle.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Games you second guess getting 2016-04-08 13:53:40

Tom Clancys the division and Im glad I decided not to

Listen to drumstep awesomeness xd: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/683617

Response to Games you second guess getting 2016-04-09 02:18:26

You're really missing out not getting L.A. Noire.

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature

Response to Games you second guess getting 2016-04-09 08:31:10

The Dark Souls games for me is just like that...I know it's good, but never bought DS2 or the current 3 since I know I never had a ton of gaming patience for the "die, die, and die again" kind of game.

TracyJackson

-EcG member for CSGO-

Attorney, Gamer, Sport Fan, PhD student (future Senator, maybe?)

Response to Games you second guess getting 2016-04-10 11:46:33

At 4/9/16 02:18 AM, Grub-Xer0 wrote: You're really missing out not getting L.A. Noire.

it's good and fun, if you're into the type of game it is. if you're not, and you just want another GTA, it's horrible.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Games you second guess getting 2016-04-10 15:10:06

That's Undertale for me. I see so many people playing Undertale and loving the fuck out of it but I can't bring myself to buy it.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you second guess getting 2016-04-10 23:19:50

I regret getting... about most of my games...

Playstation

BBS Signature

Response to Games you second guess getting 2016-04-11 01:22:51

yep, i think i agree with some in saying i regret purchasing most games.

one i really wasn't able to enjoy, Two Worlds II. there was just too much glitching. if you equip anything that increases your speed and start running, you get frame rate issues. couple that with occasional lag, i was summoning character and would run around with close to 10 creatures following me, game didn't like this.

i found the game interesting but it was too flawed. later read that the company behind the game had apparently been paying people to do positive reviews, so that's great.