00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

not Christian enough...

3,449 Views | 58 Replies

not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 13:28:43

so i've been going out with this girl for about 3 months, everything is going swimmingly, i've known that she is a die hard Christian, which i have no problem with, until we got into a heated debate yesterday about the bible vs the quran, and i pretty much told her that i was Agnostic, i'll believe it when i see it.. the next morning we wake up and she randomly tells me that we have to break up because i'm not Christian enough... My question BBS, is that a realistic/legitimate reason to break up with someone?

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 13:38:00 (edited 2016-04-07 13:39:04)

Any reason is legitimate enough, as much as I hate to say it.

If that's her thing let it be, you'll find someone else.

If she was shitting on non-violent Muslim beliefs she's just as bad honestly

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 13:40:36

religion can be a way of life, of course that's a good enough reason.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 13:50:03

I think so

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 14:16:52

At 4/7/16 01:28 PM, Khris wrote: not Christian enough

Tell her you'd rather not be christian enough, as that entails raping random women, invading other countries without provocation and dashing up infants like babymutiliate.jpg but in real life. "That shit's for buttmad terrorists, yo!"

Problem solved. Also, tell her that she's liable to be violently murdered now for having a boyfriend.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 14:21:24

I've found that not many people can understand an agnostic point of view, they either think someone believes in something or doesn't, there's no wiggle room for uncertainty.
Cheer up, though, lots of agnostic babes out there will get your pencil wet.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 14:23:29

At 4/7/16 01:38 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: Any reason is legitimate enough, as much as I hate to say it.
If that's her thing let it be, you'll find someone else.

This.

Also I'm not sure why people in this thread are crapping on this girl for being religious.
It's something that she feels will cause conflict in her life, but it doesn't make her a bad person or an idiot.

She's just a member of some wacky fan club.

BBS Signature

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 14:23:30

Yeah, if there's this one all-encompassing aspect of her life that defines who she is as a person and you don't share it, that's a pretty legit reason to break up.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 14:37:59 (edited 2016-04-07 14:38:42)

At 4/7/16 01:28 PM, Khris wrote: The next morning we wake up and she randomly tells me that we have to break up because i'm not Christian enough... My question BBS, is that a realistic/legitimate reason to break up with someone?

Yes, if she were an idiot. Which I guess is good news, because now you're not tied down to an idiot anymore, OP. So, gratz!

To clarify, it's not Christianity that makes her an idiot; it's her close-mindedness.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 14:58:53

Of course it's a legitimate reason.

It's a good thing you got out of there while you could, before you start having sex with her and her father finds out and holds a shotgun to your head, commanding you to marry her. Then you have to spend the rest of your life with a woman who believes in an invisible magic man and who reads a book which commands you to mutilate the penises of infants and stone rape victims to death.

You really dodged a bullet there. Or, rather, you dodged a handful of buck shot.

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 15:41:10

For her its a legitimate reason because of her beliefs which is fine. But you should count yourself lucky she didn't try converting you which some fanatical Christians do.

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 15:49:05

At 4/7/16 01:28 PM, Khris wrote: .. the next morning we wake up and she randomly tells me that we have to break up because i'm not Christian enough...

As its been said before, if she wants to break up, cest la vie. But this makes it sound like the hardcore Christian woke up next to you after a night of pre-marital sin to do it. That adds some humor for me.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 16:05:58

At 4/7/16 03:49 PM, stafffighter wrote:
As its been said before, if she wants to break up, cest la vie. But this makes it sound like the hardcore Christian woke up next to you after a night of pre-marital sin to do it. That adds some humor for me.

we have done a lot of pre-marital sin

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 16:20:32

At 4/7/16 04:05 PM, Khris wrote:

we have done a lot of pre-marital sin

I'm just gonna leave this here. https://youtu.be/j8ZF_R_j0OY

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 16:52:10 (edited 2016-04-07 16:56:32)

At 4/7/16 04:38 PM, RealFaction wrote:
At 4/7/16 04:20 PM, stafffighter wrote:
Think about the lady that tried pressing her beliefs when she was giving out marriage licenses and refused one to a gay couple or whatever that situation was. It's the law to give out marriage licenses to anyone regardless of race or religion or sexual preference, and she shouldn't press her beliefs on people. No one should. The sad part is, she's from my state. I hate Kentucky.

While lawmakers lobbying for the religious freedom to force their views on others is absolutely also an act of hipocracy can't we all just have a laugh that this girl dumped him for not being holy while she had potential abortions dried up in her stomach?

BBS Signature

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 17:04:13

At 4/7/16 04:59 PM, MemeFiend3 wrote: So your girlfriend is a bible thumper, and you were probably already on thin ice for being a non-believer, but then you decide to 'heatedly' defend a false religion?

i'm agnostic

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 17:12:20

At 4/7/16 05:08 PM, MemeFiend3 wrote:
A lot of people would consider that a 'non-believer'

oh boy, you're one of those people

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 17:16:35

At 4/7/16 01:28 PM, Khris wrote: My question BBS, is that a realistic/legitimate reason to break up with someone?

I don't think so. Breaking up with someone because their "not Christian enough" is pretty stupid. You should love someone regardless of whether they believe what you believe or not. And this is coming from a Christian guy.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 17:33:10

At 4/7/16 03:41 PM, FoAngel wrote: For her its a legitimate reason because of her beliefs which is fine. But you should count yourself lucky she didn't try converting you which some fanatical Christians do.

This.

My ex girlfriend is Pentecostal and she tried to convert me because I'm catholic. We eventually broke up because her church doesn't like me. It also didn't help that her uncle was the pastor at the church.

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 19:26:04

At 4/7/16 02:23 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Also I'm not sure why people in this thread are crapping on this girl for being religious.
It's something that she feels will cause conflict in her life, but it doesn't make her a bad person or an idiot.

She's just a member of some wacky fan club.

Maybe because most of us see it from both sides of the fence whereas hardcore Christians see it only from one closed-minded side. It's not that she's Christian -- it's that she's putting her religion above other people, which is incredibly common but that's still no excuse.

Hardcore Christians tend to assume that Atheists or Agnostics are the way they are only because they haven't heard "the good word" and that only if they incessantly preach this "good word" and push it onto them that maybe they'll change their ways. When reality is usually that Atheists or Agnostics grew up in hardcore Christian environments and households but rejected these religions for the inherent flaws, inconsistencies, and gross immorality present and pushed within the churches. So an Atheist or Agnostic usually knows what it's like to be a hardcore Christian, whereas the reverse is absolutely false.

It might make her a bad person, depending on what her actions are. Certainly if she is violating other people's rights based on her religion, that would make her a bad person. Many hardcore Christians go out of their way to violate the rights of others. Based on the information presented here we don't have enough information to say in her case, but I've certainly a sour taste for evangelical types due to their typically abusive natures.

Is she an idiot? No. Probably not. But she's probably not smart either. If she was smart enough she would question her church and she would question her family and she would think for herself and make her own decisions, instead of whatever her family or church decided.

Keep in mind Atheists or Agnostics typically don't hate Christians, the people themselves, so much as they hate the abusive authoritarian leadership and the human rights abuses perpetrated in the name of Christianity. Christians who are fine with live-and-let-live are not a problem.

Now, is this girl one of the hardcore evangelical Christians? Hard to say as not enough information was presented. Is she free to date or not date or break off dates or whatever for any or no reasons she likes? Absolutely. In fact it could even be the case she didn't really want to break up with him but she didn't want to drag him into her messed up family, sparing him from that, so she saw breaking up as the best way to protect him from that abuse. We really can't know, based on the information presented.

And it's more than just a fan club. To call a religion a fan club is to grossly underestimate the impact religion has in the world. Large amounts of people have been murdered, mutilated, abused, and otherwise had their basic human rights violated in the name of other people's religions. Is there any fan club that promotes this level of brutality?

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 19:52:40

Y'know, I would too, if I were the girl.

I mean think about it.

Serious Christian girls who are devout will abstain from most forms of pleasure, like any good willed Christian ought to be.
Now the bitch in question (Lord forgive my profanity against my sister in the Lord) is in the right.

She would have been making a serious long term, possibly for lifers, decision about being with you.
If she decided that she was truly in love with you and stayed with you she would have to live with a horrible and eventual consequence.

What if you died before her pussy changed your mind about agnostics and shit?

Man you'd be burning in hell and her love lost for an eternity?
I mean not like you wont be but think about it.

She had legitimate reasonings behind her decision.
I'd hate to spend an eternity without my love in heaven as well.
Think about it dude.

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 20:26:21

At 4/7/16 07:49 PM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: I'm currently Christian, but I used to be an Atheist. I had no interest in God for the longest time, but I hated seeing other atheists forcing their beliefs down religious people's throats. It really does go both ways when it comes to the people pushing their beliefs on others when they have no interest. That's my two cents.

Ha! That's a joke. The forcing of beliefs is one-way, from Christians (and Muslims and other religious evangelicals) onto the non-religious. Atheists don't go patrolling the streets trying to convert every Christian they meet into Atheism. Atheists don't go forcing dangerous and unnecessary medical procedures on unwilling subjects. Atheists don't go overly-interfering in people's lives who don't happen to be their religion. Atheists don't murder in the name of Atheism. Religious fanatics do all of the above.

I will say I don't believe you. You didn't "used to be Atheist". You probably were a less-committed Christian and moved on to a more committed one. And where are these roaming Atheists forcing their beliefs down religious people's throats on every street corner and forcing their ways into the laws like the religious people do? Seriously, show them to me. They don't exist.

Have whatever beliefs you want and I don't mind. I don't take personal issue with personal beliefs. Force them on others and I take issue. And the only ones I've ever seen on the street corners forcing their ways and interfering with others' lives are the hardcore religious folks.

I take issue with the churches, not with the people themselves. I take issue with the corruption and the immorality present in the churches. And I take issue with the inconsistent teachings and the mixed morality present in the scriptures. Sure you can take some good things from there but you can also take bad things from there.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Go have a look. Go take your actual Bible and follow along to see it's not just bullshitting you. The Bible is inconsistent, features mixed morality, and discourages critical thought (because critical thought would prove it false due to the inconsistency and mixed morality). The churches are there not to save your soul but to control you and, primarily, to make a bunch of money off of you and people like you.

Sugar coat it or use as much apologetics as you want, but that's what it comes down to.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 20:47:05

At 4/7/16 01:28 PM, Khris wrote: so i've been going out with this girl for about 3 months, everything is going swimmingly, i've known that she is a die hard Christian, which i have no problem with, until we got into a heated debate yesterday about the bible vs the quran, and i pretty much told her that i was Agnostic, i'll believe it when i see it.. the next morning we wake up and she randomly tells me that we have to break up because i'm not Christian enough... My question BBS, is that a realistic/legitimate reason to break up with someone?

Not in that scenario. if she knew that she was getting into a relationship with someone of a different religion, she can't pull that card to get out of it, shes just a bitch.

what do you call it when you want to die, but also keep living at the same time?

Oh yeah...

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 21:16:27

I wouldn't know if that's a reasonable breakup because I've never dated a religious person. But somebody who lets their religious beliefs cloud their judgment is not good dating material no matter what the beliefs are. It's strange enough that she dated you knowing you were agnostic. Maybe she thought she could turn you over to Christianity? My best friend was dating a chick like that once. Whatever. Consider it a dodged bullet.

At 4/7/16 03:20 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Christianity is a check box: either you are or you are not. No middle ground.

There is a ton of middle ground, fam. OP's ex could be one of those Christians who believes gays are the devil and rape is a happy accident, or she could think gays are cool and rape is terrible. It's the current year etc.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 21:49:32

Yes it's a legitimate reason. In fact, she should not have been dating you to begin with.

I would know, I used to be a Satanist and my girlfriend was a Christian. I almost drug her to Hell with me (which was my intent) until the Lord Jesus Christ stopped me in my tracks and I had to make the choice to follow Him and live or continue a hollow life and burn forever in darkness. I chose to repent, submit and gain everlasting life.

Now that had little to do with my 'Christian' girlfriend who was actually a prodigal who tells me she didn't really get saved until I did. It was all a work of the Holy Spirit convicting me and showing me how wrong I was.

2 Corinthians 6:14 says, "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"

Here is a commentary by Matthew Henry that explains the verse and talks about what I've just said.

It is wrong for believers to join with the wicked and profane. The word unbeliever applies to all destitute of true faith. True pastors will caution their beloved children in the gospel, not to be unequally yoked. The fatal effects of neglecting Scripture precepts as to marriages clearly appear. Instead of a help meet, the union brings a snare. Those whose cross it is to be unequally united, without their wilful fault, may expect consolation under it; but when believers enter into such unions, against the express warnings of God's word, they must expect much distress. The caution also extends to common conversation. We should not join in friendship and acquaintance with wicked men and unbelievers. Though we cannot wholly avoid seeing and hearing, and being with such, yet we should never choose them for friends. We must not defile ourselves by converse with those who defile themselves with sin. Come out from the workers of iniquity, and separate from their vain and sinful pleasures and pursuits; from all conformity to the corruptions of this present evil world. If it be an envied privilege to be the son or daughter of an earthly prince, who can express the dignity and happiness of being sons and daughters of the Almighty?

That part that I emboldened relates to my past situation. My girlfriend at the time told me later that she thought she could change me into a Christian because she knew I was a Satanist, but instead fell into much sin because it doesn't work that way. We were together for 4 or 5 (might be 4 and a half) years before I got saved and there was a lot of pain and mistrust because of my seared conscience and disturbing behaviour.

BTW that girl is my wife now.

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 21:59:30

At 4/7/16 09:49 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: I would know, I used to be a Satanist and my girlfriend was a Christian. I almost drug her to Hell with me (which was my intent) until the Lord Jesus Christ stopped me in my tracks and I had to make the choice to follow Him and live or continue a hollow life and burn forever in darkness. I chose to repent, submit and gain everlasting life.

It sounds like your brainwashing was quite thorough.

Did they check your thetans, too?

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 22:09:39

At 4/7/16 09:59 PM, Bit wrote: It sounds like your brainwashing was quite thorough.

Mormons are not Christians.

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 22:36:12

At 4/7/16 10:09 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
At 4/7/16 09:59 PM, Bit wrote: It sounds like your brainwashing was quite thorough.

That's not what Wikipedia says.

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 22:46:49

At 4/7/16 10:36 PM, Bit wrote:
At 4/7/16 10:09 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:

That's not what Wikipedia says.

Is Wikipedia a man? Does Wikipedia have a soul? Does Wikipedia have the ability to rightly divide the Word of God?

Wikipedia is written by men without the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I could say that the grass outside my house is red, but it does not make it so.

What you've said has the same effect of saying, "That's not what Anton LaVey says."

Response to not Christian enough... 2016-04-07 23:57:47

At 4/7/16 10:46 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Is Wikipedia a man? Does Wikipedia have a soul? Does Wikipedia have the ability to rightly divide the Word of God?

Wikipedia is written by men without the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I could say that the grass outside my house is red, but it does not make it so.

What you've said has the same effect of saying, "That's not what Anton LaVey says."

Wikipedia is the world's largest encyclopedia. An encyclopedia whose content is derived from verified secondary sources and compiled and verified by thousands of experts across the world.

On the other hand, you're a grown man who still believes in fairy tales. That really puts things in perspective.