00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Supporter Feature & Other News

15,218 Views | 97 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-05 06:34:45

At 4/4/16 11:04 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/4/16 10:59 AM, Luis wrote: I am pleased with this new features. Also first post.
Seeing that lollipop on your profile makes me feel like we accomplished something really great today.

BTW everyone thank @liljim

Thanks @liljim

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-05 08:41:48

At 4/5/16 01:08 AM, evanarmagast wrote:
At 4/4/16 07:44 PM, Luis wrote:
At 4/4/16 06:26 PM, Wiesi wrote:
At 4/4/16 05:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: Whenever you mention grabbing a beer I feel like I should grab one and drink in solidarity. We need a beer drinking live stream some time.
Oh yeah! For the beginning, here's a snap-shot of my beer experience:
Might be too feature-creepy. but it would be cool to have supporters have access to all the level icons theyve unlocked, like even spanning to halloween and winter etc themes.
similarly, i would love to be able to use the Trump mood response smileys year round.

Yeah thats a good point, i think the fact that those assets are already created and out there floating around in space it wouldnt be too much of an effort to enable them for supporters (thinking out loud). I think little things like that snowball into a really cool perk of being a supporter.

None

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-05 08:49:04

At 4/5/16 08:41 AM, Luis wrote:
At 4/5/16 01:08 AM, evanarmagast wrote: similarly, i would love to be able to use the Trump mood response smileys year round.
Yeah thats a good point, i think the fact that those assets are already created and out there floating around in space it wouldnt be too much of an effort to enable them for supporters (thinking out loud). I think little things like that snowball into a really cool perk of being a supporter.

We have been planning custom emoticon sets so the "Presidential" set can be included when that happens. I gotta get back on track some commissioned sets.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-05 10:13:56

I need a life...
btw. let's make Newgrounds drumpf again!

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗDongers make me stronk!ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-05 13:44:47

At 4/5/16 10:13 AM, BrolfThePaladin wrote: I need a life...
btw. let's make Newgrounds drumpf again!

What are you talking about, this IS life!!!!1!!!!!11!11

I'm Del Rio

I like to draw comics and stuff

My Art Thread

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-05 15:26:59

I am proud to be amoung the many other people who are supporters on the wall of fame and even more proud to say that i help keep newgrounds alive! The new features are awesome and i believe in the fact that newgrounds will live forever!
VIVA LA NEWGROUNDS!

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-05 15:52:37

Nice feature.

This is an idea from left field, but what if supporters got a little bonus experience for voting on submissions? Or would that be too unfair?

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-05 16:06:14

At 4/5/16 03:52 PM, SuperBastard wrote: Nice feature.

This is an idea from left field, but what if supporters got a little bonus experience for voting on submissions? Or would that be too unfair?

We try not to mess with the experience system.

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-05 16:08:55

At 4/5/16 04:06 PM, TomFulp wrote:
We try not to mess with the experience system.

That's reasonable. Thanks for the response and keep up the good work.

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-05 16:30:04

At 4/4/16 08:18 PM, Wiesi wrote: For the kids, I don't only drink when visiting Newgrounds! I eat salad as well:

Always consuming something while visiting Newgrounds! :D

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-05 18:00:47

That's fucking awesome!

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-05 19:26:45

nice one guys!

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 00:04:37

Yay. Now I can get my skateboard back!

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 02:08:17

Good sensible feature. I dig it.

I have an idea that's still in a pretty abstract stage - but I would love to see the ability to make certain things public only for supporters. As in, content creators make a post that talks about their upcoming content or behind-the-scenes stuff, and marks it as supporters-only. I can't really think of a way to incentivize this for content creators (maybe slightly higher revenue?), but it's kind of Patreon-esque in its execution.

(>'-')>

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 05:08:59

At 4/6/16 02:08 AM, Zhon wrote: I have an idea that's still in a pretty abstract stage - but I would love to see the ability to make certain things public only for supporters. As in, content creators make a post that talks about their upcoming content or behind-the-scenes stuff, and marks it as supporters-only.

You can already mark project previews as being available only to supporters, if that's the kind of thing you mean?

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 05:13:00

At 4/4/16 04:35 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 4/4/16 03:28 PM, liljim wrote: Whereabouts do you see it going?
Above 'aura' here, maybe?

You should see a link to it in your edit profile page now, near the aura selection.

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 05:31:51

Great feature Tom, but there is a tiny issue where you can't mouse-over your level icon and read the level text since the pencil overrides it. Just thought you might wanna know about that :)

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 05:34:36

At 4/6/16 05:08 AM, liljim wrote:
At 4/6/16 02:08 AM, Zhon wrote: I have an idea that's still in a pretty abstract stage - but I would love to see the ability to make certain things public only for supporters. As in, content creators make a post that talks about their upcoming content or behind-the-scenes stuff, and marks it as supporters-only.
You can already mark project previews as being available only to supporters, if that's the kind of thing you mean?

That's the spirit of what I mean, but for journals. Maybe other stuff in the future if you make more changes - like adding a pod to your profile that has a follower poll, downloadable files, etc.

(>'-')>

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 05:42:53

At 4/6/16 05:13 AM, liljim wrote: You should see a link to it in your edit profile page now, near the aura selection.

Nice, thanks!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 09:32:51

At 4/6/16 02:08 AM, Zhon wrote: Good sensible feature. I dig it.

I have an idea that's still in a pretty abstract stage - but I would love to see the ability to make certain things public only for supporters. As in, content creators make a post that talks about their upcoming content or behind-the-scenes stuff, and marks it as supporters-only. I can't really think of a way to incentivize this for content creators (maybe slightly higher revenue?), but it's kind of Patreon-esque in its execution.

We actually have this already - on the Preview page for an unpubilshed project, you can set it to be available to Supporters. In terms of incentive, if the system ever gets big enough we want to pull it into the rev-share system, so ultimately it could be in everyone's best interest to grow the supporter pool. We're still a ways out from that though.

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 10:50:15

At 4/6/16 10:38 AM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: Hey, Tom. When the new review system finally rolls around, can we get points again for reviewing audio? I love the flashes on here, but I'm more partial to the audio portal, being a music guy and all.

You will get XP for voting on Audio and Art under the new system.

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 11:13:56

At 4/6/16 10:50 AM, TomFulp wrote: You will get XP for voting on Audio and Art under the new system.

Does that mean monthly voting on those submissions as well? I would dig voting on audio.

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 11:37:08

At 4/6/16 11:13 AM, Gragon73 wrote:
At 4/6/16 10:50 AM, TomFulp wrote: You will get XP for voting on Audio and Art under the new system.
Does that mean monthly voting on those submissions as well? I would dig voting on audio.

No plans for monthly voting on audio at the moment, although it would be nice to at least have monthly (weekly, daily) trophies based on regular voting.

BBS Signature

At 4/6/16 11:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: No plans for monthly voting on audio at the moment, although it would be nice to at least have monthly (weekly, daily) trophies based on regular voting.

If that's to do with prizes, I for one would be fine just having the distinction of having one of the month's best songs (not that I will anytime soon), but if it's to do with the work that would have to be put into it I would understand.

Thinking of that, Under Judgment could really help some of the problems the AP has with all of the rule-breaking uploads these days. But no pressure.
The flagging system relies on loads of people sweeping unscouted submissions, though, and that doesn't really happen unfortunately.

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 14:28:15

Great idea with the icons.
Was going to go back to the triple morningstar until I unlocked the Glaive, but then I realized I already had.
I will never change from the Glaive.

Until I unlock the Sentinel Sphere.

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 18:41:36

Yeaaaa! Wish supporters can have gifs for their profile page picture

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 18:50:56

At 4/6/16 09:32 AM, TomFulp wrote: We actually have this already - on the Preview page for an unpubilshed project, you can set it to be available to Supporters. In terms of incentive, if the system ever gets big enough we want to pull it into the rev-share system, so ultimately it could be in everyone's best interest to grow the supporter pool. We're still a ways out from that though.

Oh, well I'll be durned. That's fancy. Shows how little I visit NG these days :(
I feel like that would draw a lot of creators (rev share for supporter content), which could convert/share some user bases from other sites. But to be honest now that I think about it I'm also a little concerned with the idea of NG becoming a place where you can't access any of the truly good content without being a supporter.

(>'-')>

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 19:17:04

At 4/6/16 06:41 PM, scottwjsm wrote: Yeaaaa! Wish supporters can have gifs for their profile page picture

You mean animated gifs? We actually plan to take a stab at that in the next user page update!

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 19:57:21

At 4/6/16 07:17 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/6/16 06:41 PM, scottwjsm wrote: Yeaaaa! Wish supporters can have gifs for their profile page picture
You mean animated gifs? We actually plan to take a stab at that in the next user page update!

That is awesome! I remember a few years back nogfish had an animated gif on his page

Response to New Supporter Feature & Other News 2016-04-06 20:11:47

oh man, i loved trump grounds!
very clever joke! :D

also, i like the NG level icon select, its very nice!

as for the monthly expenses, wow.
it sounds like a big stretch goal, but its (actually) pretty easy to achieve.

i mean, NG has more than 1 million members online, and if 26k people give from 1 dollar each, then the target will be reached very quickly.

and 2,99/3 dollars is a very reasonable rate for the supporter upgrade, so i will do it soon in the near future. (i cant do it now, but im advertising about it on my facebook!)

lets keep NG alive!
keep up the great work, tom! this is a great place, and its worth fighting for!