00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

canvas printing?

399 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

canvas printing? 2016-04-01 20:13:07

How much do you guys usually pay for canvas prints? I think an A4 size would be okay. But my client might want a larger size and Im afraid I might have to take it out of my commission to pay for it.

>>> Follow my Instagram: @the_imaginary_boy<<< Buy my MERCH

BBS Signature

Response to canvas printing? 2016-04-01 20:21:36

At 4/1/16 08:13 PM, tatsumaru7 wrote: How much do you guys usually pay for canvas prints? I think an A4 size would be okay. But my client might want a larger size and Im afraid I might have to take it out of my commission to pay for it.

Charge him whatever the costs of supplies and printing is on top of your pay for actually doing it. If he wants it big he has to pay for it to be big.

Response to canvas printing? 2016-04-01 21:21:01

At 4/1/16 08:21 PM, JackDCurleo wrote:
At 4/1/16 08:13 PM, tatsumaru7 wrote: How much do you guys usually pay for canvas prints? I think an A4 size would be okay. But my client might want a larger size and Im afraid I might have to take it out of my commission to pay for it.
Charge him whatever the costs of supplies and printing is on top of your pay for actually doing it. If he wants it big he has to pay for it to be big.

This guy is right. It isn't up to you to pay for the printing process. You aren't the one who wants the product.

Response to canvas printing? 2016-04-02 04:49:30

At 4/1/16 09:21 PM, GrossGirl wrote:

This guy is right. It isn't up to you to pay for the printing process. You aren't the one who wants the product.

Thank you for that I feel a little more better now. My commission wasnt that great anyway. Should I print them first then bill him or bill first then print?

>>> Follow my Instagram: @the_imaginary_boy<<< Buy my MERCH

BBS Signature

Response to canvas printing? 2016-04-02 05:01:33 (edited 2016-04-02 05:08:01)

At 4/2/16 04:49 AM, tatsumaru7 wrote: Thank you for that I feel a little more better now. My commission wasnt that great anyway. Should I print them first then bill him or bill first then print?

Tell them the price then confirm that they're okay with it and then go forward with it. Full disclosure is always best when dealing with money.
If you already designed what he wanted he's gotta pay for what has already been done even if he doesnt end up using it. If you spent time on a client's commission it's still time spent on them regardless of whether or not it's being utilized as they intended.

Response to canvas printing? 2016-04-02 05:32:12

At 4/2/16 04:49 AM, tatsumaru7 wrote:
At 4/1/16 09:21 PM, GrossGirl wrote:

Thank you for that I feel a little more better now. My commission wasnt that great anyway. Should I print them first then bill him or bill first then print?

Was printing of any kind part of the original deal? You'll have to communicate with him that you expect him to pay for the prints, tell him how much, and get it before getting it done.