00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

technical question about gif n swf

328 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi all, today I attempted to make an animation clip (it's been made), and I firstly exported the file into swf, then I soon remember not everyone can view swf on his computer (I don't even know why I can't open the swf of my project which was created 1 year ago). Then I imported the swf onto flash stage, then exported it to gif. It can be viewed in fb messenger, but on computer only, not on mobile. The recipient can only see the first frame of my clip. I remember someone told me in 2011 that mobile phones wouldn't support flash. Does it apply to swf and gif as well? Can you view gif on your mobile phone? And how many people view gif on mobile phone?

The Future Company

Response to technical question about gif n swf 2016-04-01 09:52:33

Hello! First off let's find out where you want to post this animation at. Most social media sites like Facebook support video so why not just export out a video a upload it? I would stay away from SWF files most places have moved on from that as a format and requiring someone to download flash to view something is a huge barrier of entry.

Response to technical question about gif n swf 2016-04-01 13:13:02

At 4/1/16 02:56 AM, Th3Futur3C0 wrote: Does it apply to swf and gif as well? Can you view gif on your mobile phone? And how many people view gif on mobile phone?

Hi.
SWF and GIF are two absolutely different, unrelated formats. It may simply be that Flash produced an improper GIF file, in which case you should use another software to convert SWF to GIF. There are online converts which could do that: https://cloudconvert.com/swf-to-gif

GIFs do play on most mobile devices. GIFs are widely used on social networks. Is that enough for an answer?