00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Please comment on my logo

618 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Please comment on my logo 2016-03-30 02:50:44

Hi all,
I know very well it's not a graphic design forum. I am just trying my luck. Please apply your aesthetic skill as you do to fan art creations, onto my company logo design. All opinions are appreciated.

The Future Company

Response to Please comment on my logo 2016-03-30 03:32:53

At 3/30/16 02:50 AM, Th3Futur3C0 wrote: Hi all,
I know very well it's not a graphic design forum. I am just trying my luck. Please apply your aesthetic skill as you do to fan art creations, onto my company logo design. All opinions are appreciated.

Overall it's pretty good, the parts I like are mostly in the typeface, the two sizes of blocks are a great way to get around the issue of muddying the accents ore having to make the letters more 'pixels' in order to handle the smaller bits on the E, H, F and R. Where I don't enjoy it so much is in the placement of the words on the page and in relation to each other. The way it goes three letters to six letters to two letters with the words positioned from the right makes it feel unbalanced and clunky; which isn't helped by where they are on the image, there's an almost even amount of space on the top and bottom while the right has a lot of empty space and the left has just enough space to be awkward. Look at this Nike shirt, the way it handles the break in the words, first off each word gets smaller making it work well, but also the swoosh at the bottom serves to balance it out as well. Obviously you're working with different sized words in different locations but you could try what this shirt does with 'greatness' and divide the words in different ways, it would solve that issue if done well. Also modern with social media logos strive to me more square and circular, so it would also solve that potential problem by making 'future' not just out as it is now.
Technical stuff aside, I think switching up your colors might be a good first step, try an orange background with white letters or mix around other color combos, see what works, becauseas it is now the white may be holding it back and making it look emptier than it is .

Response to Please comment on my logo 2016-03-30 03:45:17

Cool logo, definitely going to remember this branding!

BBS Signature

Response to Please comment on my logo 2016-03-30 10:13:00

Thanks for your substantial response. You have been helpful.
I like the font, and it's made by me...what?? It's just aligning rounded corner squares in photoshop, deal.
I like the orange colour, it resembles the scent of orange, morning time and youth.
I would like to stick to one colour only, as it has predictable results when transformed to grey scale.
The arrangement of the letters, I think it can be improved. As you said, modern social media profile pic area are usually circle or square. I would go for circle as it will solve most of the troubles with positioning.
The white area is actually not part of the design, it's just the canvas of the background in photoshop.
I would like to try white letters in orange circle.

The Future Company

Response to Please comment on my logo 2016-03-30 20:13:32

Its notbad I like the block like style but seems bland like you need some small detail in the backround areas or something.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Please comment on my logo 2016-03-30 21:32:34

Company name in white aligned left in orange circle

The Future Company

The right angles are hard to read. You really have to stop and look at this to see what it says. Basically, it looks cool, but it's not doing what a logo should do. If you're stuck on the block text, I would add some kind of interesting shape, like the Twitter Bird or Armor Games' swords that people can quickly see and identify. The circled one is better.

Response to Please comment on my logo 2016-03-30 22:19:17

I wanted to play with it, apparently. I added a little shadow to the squares and gave it a 7 degree turn. A stronger drop shadow effect might improve readability, but it's hard to do without the original layers.

Response to Please comment on my logo 2016-03-30 22:43:06

That's a very rational and pragmatic opinion. Yes, I am trying to look cool. I will rethink it later, as I am working on my first animation, i want to put the company logo in my animation.

The Future Company

Response to Please comment on my logo 2016-03-30 22:44:12

I like the 7 degree tilt, now it looks more dynamic.

The Future Company

Response to Please comment on my logo 2016-04-03 03:42:31

How's that?

The Future Company