00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orafice13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Submissions Being Removed?

510 Views | 6 Replies

Audio Submissions Being Removed? 2016-03-29 23:12:32

My Audio Submissions keep Being Removed. I don't know why. They don't contain ANY inappropriate content. I make remixes on Newgrounds but I always check for any copyright issues. I also remix NCS songs, which are POSTIVELY free of copyright and Undertale songs as well, which I never traced any copyright for. I've even done a few Geometry Dash remixes, while asking for permission with the artists and fully crediting them if I've used their work in any way. I've contacted Tom Fulp, but I never got a reply yet. I want my songs back and downloadable ASAP.

Thanks for understanding me if you do and are not brainless zombies.

Response to Audio Submissions Being Removed? 2016-03-30 08:53:04

It being free to use is not enough. If you want to put it on NG, you MUST be the original creator of it.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Submissions Being Removed? 2016-03-30 21:02:18

At 3/30/16 08:53 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: It being free to use is not enough. If you want to put it on NG, you MUST be the original creator of it.

But when making a song, they will still allow you the option to label your song a remake, cover or REMIX but it won't allow you to make the song reusable for project, animations, etc. , meaning you don't have to own it to upload to Newgrounds.

Response to Audio Submissions Being Removed? 2016-03-30 21:05:25

At 3/30/16 09:02 PM, rakeeb100 wrote: At 3/30/16 08:53 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:

It being free to use is not enough. If you want to put it on NG, you MUST be the original creator of it.

But when making a song, they will still allow you the option to label your song a remake, cover or REMIX but it won't allow you to make the song reusable for project, animations, etc. , meaning you don't have to own it to upload to Newgrounds.

Audio Submissions Being Removed?

Response to Audio Submissions Being Removed? 2016-03-30 23:59:51

According to your description, you probably violated the following in the guidelines:

GEOMETRY DASH USERS: Do NOT upload songs you did not create! We only allow ORIGINAL works on Newgrounds!

NCS Remix: You used stock loops/samples in an unoriginal arrangement.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Audio Submissions Being Removed? 2016-03-31 08:48:51

At 3/30/16 09:02 PM, rakeeb100 wrote: But when making a song, they will still allow you the option to label your song a remake, cover or REMIX but it won't allow you to make the song reusable for project, animations, etc. , meaning you don't have to own it to upload to Newgrounds.

You still have to do a good portion of the work yourself. If you can't honestly say "I did this", you shouldn't upload it.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

It looks like your audio was removed because they were primarily remixes of the "mashup" type, where you take two songs and simply meld them together.

Since in such a style of remix, nothing original is added by you, it does not count as your own creation.

In order for something to be considered your own creation, an overwhelming majority of the material must have been originally created or composed by you.

Looks like the moderator who removed your music decided not to ban you, which was pretty cool of him/her.

From now on I suggest only uploading music that is mostly your own original work. Use as little unoriginal content as possible, and try not to overly rely on sampling copyrighted content, such as vocal tracks from popular artists. While those are technically allowed under selecting the proper attribution license, they are heavily frowned upon here.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions related to audio in the Audio Forum.

Thank-you and good luck.