00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Where did my fav artist pod go?

420 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Where did my fav artist pod go? 2016-03-28 02:22:05

Ive had my home screen here on newgrounds the same for ages, I believe last night or the night before was the last time Ive been on to check latest videos and art however today when I went to get on it asked me to log in first. I didnt log out, I didnt refresh, delete cookies, or what have you. I havent messed with any options or been logged in anywhere else according to the session notifier. Yet it seems everything is now default again, and no where to get my artist news pod to add to my front page. I know you can go to your feed and then artist news but its so cluttered with everything not just art, music etc.

Did they change the layout or just get rid of it? I have artists from over the years back with the strawberry clock animations seemed to pop up every week so going through and editing journals and other things out so I can look at the feed easier would be a pain, not to mention I liked just needing to log in or click on my bookmark. Now theres all these other steps, a ui that feels cluttered and reduces the text, thumbnails and other related information so it all fits on a feed instead of just heres what you missed thumbnailed in a row newest to oldest from your fav artists.

lock and load its time to get some!

BBS Signature

Response to Where did my fav artist pod go? 2016-03-28 05:48:49

At 3/28/16 02:22 AM, DragoonElite wrote: [...] I didnt log out, I didnt refresh, delete cookies, or what have you. I havent messed with any options or been logged in anywhere else according to the session notifier. Yet it seems everything is now default again, and no where to get my artist news pod to add to my front page.

Just to clarify, are you referring to the "Latest from your Friends & Favourites" pod, that shows all the latest submissions from your faved artists on the front Page? I still have mine, so it hasn't been removed.

BBS Signature

Response to Where did my fav artist pod go? 2016-03-28 12:42:50

At 3/28/16 02:22 AM, DragoonElite wrote: Ive had my home screen here on newgrounds the same for ages, I believe last night or the night before was the last time Ive been on to check latest videos and art however today when I went to get on it asked me to log in first. I didnt log out, I didnt refresh, delete cookies, or what have you. I havent messed with any options or been logged in anywhere else according to the session notifier. Yet it seems everything is now default again, and no where to get my artist news pod to add to my front page. I know you can go to your feed and then artist news but its so cluttered with everything not just art, music etc.

Did they change the layout or just get rid of it? I have artists from over the years back with the strawberry clock animations seemed to pop up every week so going through and editing journals and other things out so I can look at the feed easier would be a pain, not to mention I liked just needing to log in or click on my bookmark. Now theres all these other steps, a ui that feels cluttered and reduces the text, thumbnails and other related information so it all fits on a feed instead of just heres what you missed thumbnailed in a row newest to oldest from your fav artists.

I did a little digging for you. It looks like there was just a few days where none of your favorites posted anything, and we only show stuff that's a few days old in that pod.

The stuff we DO show in there is literally just the top few items on this feed page: http://www.newgrounds.com/social/feeds/show/favorite-artists

If you are looking for news posts only without the clutter of submissions, you should check this feed page out, it's exactly what you'd need: http://www.newgrounds.com/social/feeds/show/favorite-artists-news

Response to Where did my fav artist pod go? 2016-03-28 16:28:26

At 3/28/16 12:42 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 3/28/16 02:22 AM, DragoonElite wrote: Ive had my home screen here on newgrounds the same for ages, I believe last night or the night before was the last time Ive been on to check latest videos and art however today when I went to get on it asked me to log in first. I didnt log out, I didnt refresh, delete cookies, or what have you. I havent messed with any options or been logged in anywhere else according to the session notifier. Yet it seems everything is now default again, and no where to get my artist news pod to add to my front page. I know you can go to your feed and then artist news but its so cluttered with everything not just art, music etc.

I did a little digging for you. It looks like there was just a few days where none of your favorites posted anything, and we only show stuff that's a few days old in that pod.

The stuff we DO show in there is literally just the top few items on this feed page: http://www.newgrounds.com/social/feeds/show/favorite-artists

If you are looking for news posts only without the clutter of submissions, you should check this feed page out, it's exactly what you'd need: http://www.newgrounds.com/social/feeds/show/favorite-artists-news

Ahh well that is a rare oddity, I guess that can explain it too as this morning It was back. I always assumed it just showed the latest but held all the stuff you missed... guess Ive missed allot more art then I thought. Seems some of the artist I really enjoyed moved onto other platforms too or no longer upload in general sadly. But I still appreciate the info!

lock and load its time to get some!

BBS Signature