00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

14,980 Views | 93 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Happy Saint Patrick's Day! We made the site green. Also here's an animation by @Familypants and a comic by @ChazDude:

You can see more in the Saint Patrick's Day Collection!

If you ordered a Newgrounds t-shirt, they have been shipping out this week! I'm excited for mine to arrive, I'll have to post some pictures when they do. If you get yours this week, feel welcome to post a picture too, it will be fun to see everyone sporting the shirts!

In fact, if you post a picture of yourself in this thread, wearing one of the new NG shirts, I'll gift you one free week of the Supporter Upgrade if you don't have it! You can browse NG ad-free for a week and get the other perks that come along with being a supporter.

As always we are extremely grateful for anyone who becomes a supporter the traditional way and joins our Wall of Honor. I can't stress enough how important this is to the future of Newgrounds, as in, this is the ONLY future for Newgrounds. Right now we promote a monthly goal of $4000 because it's an attainable number that we can clearly attribute to our hosting bill but the reality is that we need a lot more than that each month to cover the gap between revenue and expenses. The first quarter of 2016 has not been kind; ad rates have been low and the majority of visitors are running Adblock nowadays.

I don't like having to discuss this topic in all of my posts but it's the reality of the site nowadays and it doesn't have to be doom and gloom - a supporter-driven Newgrounds would be vastly better than a Newgrounds beholden to advertisers. With enough supporters we can solve the long-term problems associated with a dependence on ad revenue while also creating endless new potential for how the site is visually laid out and operated.

So don't get sad when you see me pestering everyone to become supporters, get excited at the possibilities that lay ahead! Less ugly ads for non-supporters! More original sponsored content! Bigger prizes and ultimately expanded revenue-sharing for contributors! We can create a massive new movement in web content with your support!

That's my pitch for the day, enjoy St. Patty's Day!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 10:38:09

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you; good call on turning the site green. I really love how it looks. <3

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 10:48:10

Happy Paddy's day!
I love the style of the site. I really do love that green.
Well, I already have supporter but I'll donate 5€ if that's okay. I don't have that much money but at least, I try my best :)

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗDongers make me stronk!ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 10:51:43

At 3/17/16 10:47 AM, Cordyceps wrote:
not even the models are actually wearing the shirt lol

whoever did this picture apparently can't even rotate a square to make it look vaguely convincing

Next time we should get Tom to model the shirts. That should make them sell.

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 10:52:51

At 3/17/16 10:47 AM, Cordyceps wrote: not even the models are actually wearing the shirt lol

whoever did this picture apparently can't even rotate a square to make it look vaguely convincing

This is why we need you guys to post your pics so we can have some proper models.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 10:53:58

At 3/17/16 10:48 AM, BrolfThePaladin wrote: Happy Paddy's day!
Well, I already have supporter but I'll donate 5€ if that's okay. I don't have that much money but at least, I try my best :)

Don't do anything that strains your finances, being a supporter already is a great help! I prefer to imagine A LOT of people paying $3 a month vs a few people going out of their way to help.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 10:54:20

At 3/17/16 10:52 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/17/16 10:47 AM, Cordyceps wrote: not even the models are actually wearing the shirt lol

This is why we need you guys to post your pics so we can have some proper models.

But...but...Senpai, I'm fat T_T

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 10:55:59

I will enjoy this day, thank you Tom! The green design also looks very nice.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 10:56:15

Happy St. Patty's day, folks! Seeing the green layout all of a sudden made me realize again how much I miss each of the portal's layouts having their respective colors. I understand the design philosophy behind making everything gray, but still.

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 10:56:58

At 3/17/16 10:53 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/17/16 10:48 AM, BrolfThePaladin wrote: Happy Paddy's day!
Don't do anything that strains your finances, being a supporter already is a great help! I prefer to imagine A LOT of people paying $3 a month vs a few people going out of their way to help.

Ah well, I mean I can look when the dollar is a bit weaker I can pay a little bit so you get more. International money is just all about value...Or otherwise said, if you gimme taco's and beer here to Germany I give 'ye my money hahaha

But srsly, I'll look on my money. I just want to support this awesome website.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 11:02:30

Happy St. Paddy's Day, Tom!

btw thanks for the link c:

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 11:09:05

*opens NG*

"Oh, it's green, okay. Makes sense."

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 11:11:10

At 3/17/16 11:02 AM, ChazDude wrote: Happy St. Paddy's Day, Tom!

btw thanks for the link c:

Thanks for making something to celebrate!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 11:37:39

An oldie, but a goody.

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 11:47:35

love the green tbh
who did the layout?

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 12:00:34

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone.
And happy birthday to me.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 12:02:07

At 3/17/16 11:47 AM, RocketHorse wrote: love the green tbh
who did the layout?

The site skin is by @Wavechan! It was originally the Audio Portal skin in the 2012 redesign.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 12:06:34

At 3/17/16 12:02 PM, TomFulp wrote:
who did the layout?
The site skin is by @Wavechan! It was originally the Audio Portal skin in the 2012 redesign.

I knew it looked familiar!
Beautiful work @Wavechan

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 12:14:51

who did the layout?

Why didn't you keep it? I loved it. Especially the green tankman in the bottom of the page!

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 12:20:51

I too love how the audio portal skin is used for today; it was a great idea :D

Happy Saint Patricks Day :)

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 12:25:08

At 3/17/16 12:14 PM, NEOSLAYRE wrote:
who did the layout?
Why didn't you keep it? I loved it. Especially the green tankman in the bottom of the page!

I think they were trying to keep one uniform color across all of the different sections of the site.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 12:40:11

If you ordered a Newgrounds t-shirt, they have been shipping out this week! I'm excited for mine to arrive, I'll have to post some pictures when they do. If you get yours this week, feel welcome to post a picture too, it will be fun to see everyone sporting the shirts

If I buy a shirt, would you be mad if I turned it into a bag?

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 12:42:49

At 3/17/16 10:56 AM, LDAF wrote: Happy St. Patty's day, folks! Seeing the green layout all of a sudden made me realize again how much I miss each of the portal's layouts having their respective colors. I understand the design philosophy behind making everything gray, but still.

I WAS JUST THINKING THAT! I really like this green look. Would be nice to have color choices all year round. Maybe all holidays are color associated.

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 12:43:41

At 3/17/16 12:14 PM, NEOSLAYRE wrote:
who did the layout?

We decided to just go all grey with the current layout, long story. The skin may return in some form for audio in the next layout.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 12:44:00

At 3/17/16 12:40 PM, CaptKirky wrote:
If you ordered a Newgrounds t-shirt, they have been shipping out this week! I'm excited for mine to arrive, I'll have to post some pictures when they do. If you get yours this week, feel welcome to post a picture too, it will be fun to see everyone sporting the shirts

Nope! Once you own it, go nuts!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 12:50:07

I'm gonna go get a Shamrock Shake.

Happy Posting!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 12:50:13

At 3/17/16 12:44 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Nope! Once you own it, go nuts!

What size would you suggest for that? How big is the graphic? Im just asking because Id like a bigger graphic but Im not sure if its the same size on all shirts.

At 3/17/16 12:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: We decided to just go all grey with the current layout, long story. The skin may return in some form for audio in the next layout.

Keep ya boy Rockethorse in mind when you decide to get new layouts.
Would be really cool to have my art as a newgrounds layout

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 12:55:49

At 3/17/16 12:50 PM, StarDoge wrote: I'm gonna go get a Shamrock Shake.

idea.

Response to Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 2016-03-17 13:05:23

How do people even color this well. I mean goddamn this site skin is gorgeous.

Click the Squid -> 🦑