00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Critique me please!

407 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Critique me please! 2016-03-16 20:51:34

I've been coming to the art forums lately for advice on how to improve my artwork. It really helps to hear feedback on what can be improved!

Anyways, I'd really appreciate some feedback on my latest piece.

I've been working on blending cartoons with photographs. Previously, I've worked on palette and blending, and on this one, I kept those things in mind, but focused mostly on creating interesting subject matter. A laser cyclops destroying the city seemed like a good plan.

Anyhow, please gimme some feedback! What do I need to work on, and what did I do well!
Thank you!

BBS Signature

Response to Critique me please! 2016-03-16 23:16:12

At 3/16/16 08:51 PM, Karsys wrote: I've been coming to the art forums lately for advice on how to improve my artwork. It really helps to hear feedback on what can be improved!

Anyways, I'd really appreciate some feedback on my latest piece.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/karsys/disaster-in-the-city
I've been working on blending cartoons with photographs. Previously, I've worked on palette and blending, and on this one, I kept those things in mind, but focused mostly on creating interesting subject matter. A laser cyclops destroying the city seemed like a good plan.

Anyhow, please gimme some feedback! What do I need to work on, and what did I do well!
Thank you!

Hello again. This one looks pretty good, you're definitely improving. It's cool to see artwork where something is happening instead of characters standing around. Shadows are a cool touch.

The cyclops' laser looks a little out of place, like it's not drawn the same as the other cartoony guys. I think it could probably use a little perspective work, thinner or less opaque at the cyclops' eye and wider/opaquer at the termination point.

Also, the guy's arm in the foreground is lost against the shadowy background. I like to fix this by giving the lines a little halo like thisor this. But I'm not sure my way would work for yours, you might want to research edges on your own a bit to find one that works for you.

Response to Critique me please! 2016-03-16 23:23:24

Hello again. This one looks pretty good, you're definitely improving. It's cool to see artwork where something is happening instead of characters standing around. Shadows are a cool touch.

The cyclops' laser looks a little out of place, like it's not drawn the same as the other cartoony guys. I think it could probably use a little perspective work, thinner or less opaque at the cyclops' eye and wider/opaquer at the termination point.

Also, the guy's arm in the foreground is lost against the shadowy background. I like to fix this by giving the lines a little halo like thisor this. But I'm not sure my way would work for yours, you might want to research edges on your own a bit to find one that works for you.

Thanks for the feedback! I tried to make a natural looking halo by outlining the edges of his fingers with a brighter shade, but I kind of lost it when I added the blur. That's something I was looking at, though, but neglected to do anything about. Perspective isn't something I've thought about much before. I usually just eyeball things. I will think about that in my next piece.
Thanks for the critique!

BBS Signature