00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Background Design Proj. Gingerbread

609 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Want to design backgrounds for a fun and creepy animated TV pilot for kids/young adults?

We’re looking for artists and illustrators to join our growing team in the production of a 20 minute animated pilot for a show titled currently Gingerbread. The story of a confused karate master of a gingerbread man created by a mad baker/scientist in the weird and wonderful town of Obscurity and his journey to discover the truth of his creation along with his new friends Arthur and Babs, two creepy and mysterious human inhabitants of Obscurity that help guide him on his journey.

I’m Adam. I’m directing this massive undertaking. We’re looking for a talented background artist or two to work in tandem with myself and storyboard artists to create some really magical backgrounds. I’ve put together a document that you can download from this post which includes everything you’ll need to know, as well as a Google Drive link.

If you want access to all our work so far, let me know and I’ll give you access to our Google Drive space which has even more content and is being updated day to day.

Download Link: http://www.filedropper.com/background_5
Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByNhTWiluEWZd1BoTi1EVlFUb2c

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON SUBMISSION SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST

Here's some more information on the Project...

Who's working on it so far?

This is a university project (in the practical sense) so I am working on it with fellow classmates, 2-3 animators and a writer at this stage. Though there will be inevitably more animators once we hit production.

What's been done so far?

So far we have...

A Mock Script going on Version 1 Script

Project Proposal and Character Bios

Storyboard and Animatic of one scene (as a test)

Character Designs and Animation Tests

Background brief and reference documents

A bunch more individual tidbits

What's the timescale?

We've given ourselves a large amount of time to complete this animation, though understandable by the scale. Due to this being a part time project (though currently I'm treating it in higher regard than any job/university work) we have until May of 2017 to finish the animation. So a long time! I will revisit this once I get a better grasp of the workload.

My Producer is a lot more organized than me don't worry! I can supply you with a calendar of the workload if needed.

What roles are there?

So this post is specifically aimed at background artists and illustrators, but there are various other roles we're looking to fill such as: Animator (highly sought after!) Voice actors. Background artists. Foley Artist. Audio Editor etc.

Why work with us?

Well I'm a big thinker, and I'm thinking I want to submit this thing we're creating to some animation networks such as Turner's Cartoon Network and Fred Seibert's Frederator, and I'd like to develop a strong studio before that through this project!

There's also a possibility of Kickstarting/Crowdfunding this venture, which I'm actually more attracted to in order to keep more control over the content and studio possibilities.

SUBMISSION

When you've downloaded the folder, or accessed the Google Drive please follow these steps...

1. Open and read the Project Proposal (Start Here).docx

2. Go to... Background Design > Background Design.docx

That will give you a brief summary of the background design.

3.Then choose one of the two brief's in the Background Design folder...

(1) Arthurs Attic.docx
(2) Hoomans Forest.docx

The first being more pinned down in terms of design and reference, the second being more free reign.

4.Once you've chosen one feel free to design it in any preferred method, be it Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator etc. It just has to be up-loadable at a high definition. If your working in digital then above 1300 x 2000. The aspect ratio we will be using is 1080p - 1920x1080px.

5. Email me or PM or tweet (@dangodarn) your work to me: adamjamsmith@gmail.com - feel free to send me your previous work also I'd be very interested in seeing it!

Thank you for reading this long-ass post!
Adam Smith.

Response to Background Design Proj. Gingerbread 2016-03-13 13:18:15

Teaser poster, more images, character design,bios and animation tests available