00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Breakfast-Crow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why is nightcore a thing?

8,467 Views | 25 Replies

Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-09 08:37:42

I think its super dumb. Take any track you want. Speed it up and change the pitch a bit. BOOM nightcore...
Just wondering why is this bs a thing on youtube. Got any ideas?

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-09 09:50:34

At 3/9/16 08:37 AM, Deshiel wrote: I think its super dumb. Take any track you want. Speed it up and change the pitch a bit. BOOM nightcore...

because it sounds like little girl singing and makes you feel good

BBS Signature

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-09 09:51:56

At 3/9/16 09:50 AM, eatmeatleet wrote:
At 3/9/16 08:37 AM, Deshiel wrote: I think its super dumb. Take any track you want. Speed it up and change the pitch a bit. BOOM nightcore...

Oh I never thought of it this way. So nightcore is also music for pedofiliacs.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-09 14:27:46

And no DMCA action has been taken by the authorities on YouTube? @Deshiel @Step @BrokenDeck

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-09 20:42:39

At 3/9/16 08:36 PM, RealFaction wrote:
At 3/9/16 05:44 PM, MrSmash64 wrote: t

Nice to see that I am not the only one hating this.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-09 23:20:50

just a prank bro

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-10 02:20:38

At 3/10/16 12:53 AM, RealFaction wrote:
At 3/10/16 12:49 AM, ZStriefel wrote: Why is it even called Nightcore?
My first earlier post in this thread explains it.

I dunno if everyone forgot about this, but this is honestly the reason why Nightcore exploded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_DV9b0x7v4
One of the first viral things on the interwebs.
So... blame whoever you want, but that's what happened. They took a Swedish song, sped it up, added a looped snippet of a (hentai) game's opening, and tada.

The more you know. :P

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-10 04:15:26

At 3/10/16 02:20 AM, Phyrnna wrote:
At 3/10/16 12:53 AM, RealFaction wrote:
At 3/10/16 12:49 AM, ZStriefel wrote: Why is it even called Nightcore?
My first earlier post in this thread explains it.
I dunno if everyone forgot about this, but this is honestly the reason why Nightcore exploded:
So... blame whoever you want, but that's what happened. They took a Swedish song, sped it up, added a looped snippet of a (hentai) game's opening, and tada.

It kinda didn't help matters that Caramell made their original music videos of Caramelldansen based on the sped-up version, too. Apparently they were getting too popular that Caramell decided to appropriate it for themselves.

tbh I think its a way to milk money out of youtube with little effort

spend 1 minute "nightcoring" a song. make 50 bucks. You also conveniently get around the content ID system for copyright.

seems legit

The worth of a man can be measured by the length of his reverb, and the girth of his waveform

Thees waveforme iz veri dangerous. Ve must deal vit it. squash

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-11 09:59:32

At 3/9/16 09:51 AM, Deshiel wrote:
At 3/9/16 09:50 AM, eatmeatleet wrote:
Oh I never thought of it this way. So nightcore is also music for pedofiliacs.

liking little girls is pedofiliac now? i thought fucking them against their will was.

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-11 10:06:35

At 3/11/16 12:56 AM, nidokings wrote: They both sound the same though. They're just made differently but achieve the same result, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Also I had to look up night core because I never heard of it, seems like a internet meme or something.

To put it this way:

Imagine you worked on a digital audio workstation (say, FL Studio) or a recording studio, recorded instruments and vocals and all sorts by yourself, and you poured your heart and soul into it. The result is something really fast and high with a hard kick. That is Happy Hardcore, and what I've described is the definition of original work.

Now, take away that image from your head.

And now, imagine that you took the ENTIRETY of someone else's song, with his instruments, his vocals, his notes, his everything, and just sped it up and increased the pitch in some sort of sound editor (say, Audacity). You didn't contribute to any of it. The instruments are still the composer's. It was the composer who did all the hard work, and you did absolutely nothing other than pass that song through a bunch of filters. You didn't put your own spin into it at all. It may sound nice to some, but it is PLAGIARISM. Nightcore is plagiarism.

At 3/11/16 04:21 PM, nidokings wrote: Eh, is this what the audio forum has become? Back in the day there was helpful users, one user even gave me a huge pack of
Massive presets. Seems like arguing is all you guys do.

All we did was tell you Night core and happyhardcore arent the same thing. Its not much of an argument as much as it a correction.

I mean, you might as well say a remix of a singular song is a Mashup, and when you are corrected, say "all you guys want to do is argue"

The worth of a man can be measured by the length of his reverb, and the girth of his waveform

Thees waveforme iz veri dangerous. Ve must deal vit it. squash

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-11 17:03:49

I guess as long as they don't monetize their videos it's fine. Some people like it, and we all have to deal with that. That being said, fair use is completely messed up on youtube for everything. They need to sort that shit out *cough reaction channels cough*

At 3/10/16 02:20 AM, Phyrnna wrote: I dunno if everyone forgot about this, but this is honestly the reason why Nightcore exploded:

I'm not going to lie that song is so catchy. I have heard it so many times before and I never knew what it was called. That aside, that's quite interesting. Thanks for the information on that :)

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-12 17:18:26

ehh, it's just an easy way to make popular songs fit into a happy hardcore set at weird awkward weeaboo raves. not worth getting mad about tbh

p.s. i am gay

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-14 16:40:10

its actually a great genre for working out :)

I did not know what Nightcore was. I researched. Now I know. Thanks for ruining my day.

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-14 19:31:12

because autism.

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-15 15:37:04

At 3/14/16 08:10 PM, RealFaction wrote:
At 3/14/16 07:31 PM, greenspartan wrote:
because autism.
So its ok to use autism for anything disregarding the fact some people have to suffer living with it? I never liked that people kept saying that. What if I have Autism? I get the joke, no, i do, but it's still a bit insulting. It's one of those jokes that's just distasteful. I don't mention that I have Autism a lot, but every time i see that ridiculous comment online, I say something about it to inform that it's really just...not nice. Most people don't know better, but please, don't.

Trolling or not, just saying.

what i meant was that Nightcore is kinda a downgrade to society but i think i think i went a bit too far with it, sorry for insulting any autistic ppl out there. ;-;

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2016-03-16 11:28:54

Discovered this ongoing trend around nightcore stuff.

Funny how some opening and ending songs of some shows already have a nightcore version without the soundrack even being released.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2017-07-14 12:29:06

do you think god stays in heaven out of fear of what he's created

it's a flaming super death sword!!!!!

Why is nightcore a thing?

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2017-07-14 17:49:25

stop liking what i don't like: the post

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2017-07-14 18:22:47

Someone makes an account to bump a year-old thread about nightcore.

What a time to be alive.

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2017-07-14 23:31:58

Nightcore comes from the name of a person who routinely did this, although it was usually techno. There are also happy-hardcore styles which pitch up and speed up vocals. I do enjoy some good nightcore, but I don't like people passing it off as their own work.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2017-07-15 04:01:55

At 7/15/17 02:46 AM, RealFaction wrote: Seemed to me like Nightcore and Happy Hardcore were basically the same thing just they gave it a new name. It's really silly imo. Sadly one of my songs got Nightcored...ugh.

Nah, real Happy Hardcore is either remixes or original composition -- a style. I've seen it here on NG even. Nightcore is just a perversion of that, robbed of its name, and sped up. There is no resemblance to me. People are nightcoring stuff that isn't even EDM. I don't see a problem with people making bastardized nightcore, but I DO see a problem when they're monetizing or selling it as if it takes any effort to go into Audacity and speed something up by 25%.

Which of your songs was stolen and nightcored?

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Why is nightcore a thing? 2017-07-15 06:07:59

Dammit @realfaction, You'll forever remember me as that one guy who made that one thread you couldn't let go of. :D

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature