00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game: The Causality of a Moron.

534 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Causality of a Moron.

Cau·sal·i·ty
/kôˈzalədē/
noun
the relationship between cause and effect.
the principle that everything has a cause

mo·ron
/ˈmôrˌän/
noun
a stupid person.
synonyms: fool, idiot, ass, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, clod;

This is the story of a simple family-man named Dave, and his Idiotic odyssey.
Dave is not smart... not even a little. Dave is what some might call "stupid", an "imbecile", a "simpleton", or maybe even... A MORON.
Now throughout his misadventures Dave keeps inadvertently causing horrible disasters, conundrums, and calamity; all while being completely oblivious to any of these occurrences. But don't feel bad for him, because he doesn't feel bad at all! Not just because he doesn't realize any of it is happening, but because Dave has a horribly sunny disposition.
But at the end of every day, Dave always somehow ends up miraculously saving the day, and even the world, from the very problems he had set into motion earlier that day, still never even realizing they existed in the first place! Dave then happily goes back home to his wife and two kids to start the process again the next day...

This is my concept for a game that I got the idea for while watching a god awful Zombie movie with my dad. The Causality of a Moron would most likely be a pixelated style side scroller rpg. Id love to hear feedback on the game and if anyone would be interested in helping me make this idiots tale a reality, feel free to contact me. I'd love to chat!

Concept sounds interesting, good to have that comedy element.
I have a hard time imagining the actual game based on that concept alone though.
Do you maybe have some game/s you could provide to show what you'd like your game to look/feel/play like?
Also, seeing that you're putting together a team, I'm interested in knowing what role/s you'll be taking up on the team
(game design? writing?), and what previous experience you have in those areas.

Cheers,
SandshoreDev

Response to Game: The Causality of a Moron. 2016-03-05 18:47:54

the game itself will be loosely based off of the pixelated style of undertale, very whimsical but at the same time can get very dramatic but still stay innocent. I'd most likely be doing the script for this which i've had my fair share of experience writing. I mainly make short films and skits in which i am the concept, writer, actor, and editor, with a few of my friends. if you'd like to see some of my work you can check out my channel on youtube. Banakour Productions.

Response to Game: The Causality of a Moron. 2016-03-05 18:54:08

as for game programing/design i'm a complete noob, although i'm trying my hand at the Unity engine so we'll see how that goes.