00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underground Collective

24,442 Views | 339 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-21 15:18:40

At 6/21/16 03:00 PM, Lich wrote: If you wanted to present the Underground Collective to the BBC, you'd probably have to take my entry off. I'm sure that they would not appreciate an Electro-Industrial track with vocal-work about the Heavens slowly dying from Nuclear Radiation ;)

Hah. Well, I don't feel like taking off any tracks from the album after spending so much time wrapping things together.
If lyrical content is an issue because political correctness, then I'd have to turn the offer down.

What about internet radios? Do any of you guys know some free internet radio that streams indie music and is relatively easy to contact?

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-21 15:54:18

At 6/21/16 03:00 PM, Lich wrote:
At 6/21/16 02:32 PM, ForgottenDawn wrote: That sounds pretty neat! I actually don't know who's located in the UK among us participants, aside probably @Lich?
Any Brit friend in the house?
If you wanted to present the Underground Collective to the BBC, you'd probably have to take my entry off. I'm sure that they would not appreciate an Electro-Industrial track with vocal-work about the Heavens slowly dying from Nuclear Radiation ;)

@Lich, there is always the option of submitting to your regional station, AND Late Junction on BBC Radio 3 for tracks that are especially good. I picked Late Junction because it seems to be one for adventurous ears, according to the description.

Now a lot of these shows are recent, which means that there may be more for more genres in future. I note that there isn't one for metal and industrial yet, so I'll have to keep coming back to this list every now and then.

The Underground Collective

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-21 16:03:58

At 6/21/16 04:01 PM, RealFaction wrote:
At 6/21/16 03:54 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 6/21/16 03:00 PM, Lich wrote:
At 6/21/16 02:32 PM, ForgottenDawn wrote: That sounds pretty neat! I actually don't know who's located in the UK among us participants, aside probably @Lich?
Any Brit friend in the house?
If you wanted to present the Underground Collective to the BBC, you'd probably have to take my entry off. I'm sure that they would not appreciate an Electro-Industrial track with vocal-work about the Heavens slowly dying from Nuclear Radiation ;)
We could always keep this opportunity in mind for the next record and possibly set ground rules depending on what they like, though restrictions isn't fun but if they were simple it wouldnt be bad. Could call the album, "Unfriendly Radio Tunes" lol and it could have some theme to it. I havent listened to their stations though, what kind of music do they usually play?

I know that BBC Radio 3 is really varied and is the one that does the MOST indie content, if it's radio-ready (Radio 1 is for chart toppers; I'm not sure what Radio 2 does anymore). Radio 4 is orchestral / VGM.

Not sure about 5 and 6. (Yes, because there is a 5 and a 6 as well.)

Then there are the regional radio stations, that play a mix of everything, with a slight focus on artists and events from that region, if any, and the BBC Introducing programmes one day each week.

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-21 16:13:36

At 6/21/16 04:07 PM, RealFaction wrote:
At 6/21/16 04:03 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 6/21/16 04:01 PM, RealFaction wrote:

Then there are the regional radio stations, that play a mix of everything, with a slight focus on artists and events from that region, if any, and the BBC Introducing programmes one day each week.
Awesome. We should hop on that.

Any participant within the ambit of the BBC Introducing programme ought to give it a try one day -- if not now, then another time at least, and make it known that these little indie projects that we do are going on and going strong.

At 6/21/16 04:13 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Any participant within the ambit of the BBC Introducing programme ought to give it a try one day -- if not now, then another time at least, and make it known that these little indie projects that we do are going on and going strong.

Looks like there are quite a lot of options for us.
I guess we can give it a try, what do you think?

Also, I think that at this point @TomFulp should take a look at the initiative. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-22 07:08:03

At 6/21/16 04:03 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Not sure about 5 and 6. (Yes, because there is a 5 and a 6 as well.)

Covers news and sport :/

if i knew, i'd tell you.

sig by Homicidee

you can feel your mouse pointer being inevitably drawn to the banner. and clicking it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-22 08:38:21

At 6/22/16 07:08 AM, DeadlyAlchemy wrote:
At 6/21/16 04:03 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Not sure about 5 and 6. (Yes, because there is a 5 and a 6 as well.)
Covers news and sport :/

Right.

Okay, I have to correct myself on this:

This is the BBC Radio spectrum.

Radio 1: Chart toppers. Does not do Introducing shows.
Radio 1 Xtra: Chart toppers + exceptionally good BBC Introducing tracks in the EDM genre, generally.
Radio 2: A little bit of everything. Does not do Introducing shows.
Radio 3: Classical, VGM, anything and everything. Radio 3 is the main hub of exceptionally good BBC Introducing tracks, with four or five shows on this very station dedicated to this as I showed above.
Radio 4: Does more comedy these days.

So unless you're @MegaSphere (seriously, you should be on Radio 1 Xtra at this rate), you'd likely wind up in Radio 3 if your track is far too good to stay in the regional station, which is still better promotion than most.

But even if you just wind up in a regional station (it'd be Radio Lancashire for me), it's still better than nothing, and it could be seen as a foot in the door.

-----

In the way of online stuff, there's always the option of

*a Soundcloud playlist.
*Bandcamp (ALREADY DONE)
*YouTube clip with previews. A nice visualiser would be advised, to accompany the songs in here. Or some other form of good visuals.

Anyone else got any other suggestions? In your respective homes, is there a similar method of promoting music like BBC Introducing -- or are there communities to suggest it to?

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-26 17:29:34

At 6/22/16 08:38 AM, Troisnyx wrote: In the way of online stuff, there's always the option of

*a Soundcloud playlist.
*Bandcamp (ALREADY DONE)
*YouTube clip with previews. A nice visualiser would be advised, to accompany the songs in here. Or some other form of good visuals.

Anyone else got any other suggestions? In your respective homes, is there a similar method of promoting music like BBC Introducing -- or are there communities to suggest it to?

Alright, sorry for the late reply.

We could try in a near future to post some YouTube previews, or a single video with previews from a selection of tracks.
Soundcloud could also sound like a good idea for now, though I'd need to make a separate account and upload all tracks there. The only negative thing about SC is the upload limit, which I'm assuming that if we keep this initiative going, it's going to be a problem in the future without spending money on a Pro account.

Meanwhile, just throwing some stats straight from our Bandcamp and for bragging rights:
We got 526 total plays ever since release date, and 10 total downloads.
Though I think it can be better, it's definitely a good result and we should all feel proud about it. :D

Again, SHARE SHARE SHARE :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-30 13:52:27

sorry for being late.
I just want to say: thanks for the oportunity and being able to participate was a great experience, also this iniciate was a very good idea!

I'm a VG and electronic music composer. I can make music/soundtracks for your games,

if you wish to contact me, please message me at keypat.reborn03@gmail.com

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-30 21:50:39

At 6/30/16 01:52 PM, Keypat wrote: sorry for being late.
I just want to say: thanks for the oportunity and being able to participate was a great experience, also this iniciate was a very good idea!

Thanks to you for your contribution! Looking forward to see you in the next round ;)

BBS Signature