00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AVKid4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Advice 2016-02-17 23:18:09

My name is Stevie Harrison and I'd just like some professional advice or criticism on my work I've been using digital art for a while actually this year I want to know from your point of view is there anything I can improve in this picture thank you so much. I'm just trying to get better at my craft and not afraid to ask for help thanks agian

Advice

Response to Advice 2016-02-19 00:41:32

At 2/17/16 11:18 PM, StevieHarrisonIII wrote: My name is Stevie Harrison and I'd just like some professional advice or criticism on my work I've been using digital art for a while actually this year I want to know from your point of view is there anything I can improve in this picture thank you so much. I'm just trying to get better at my craft and not afraid to ask for help thanks agian

The design looks interesting. Maybe you can add darker shades and highlights to give more form to this character but it depends on your art style. Right now, it seem to be missing a focus point and the text is in a weird placement. I am not sure where to start reading the text., is it from top to bottom or from left to right.

Unity Survival game - There Is No Tomorrow

Response to Advice 2016-02-19 07:57:15

At 2/19/16 12:41 AM, Black-Crystal wrote:
At 2/17/16 11:18 PM, StevieHarrisonIII wrote: My name is Stevie Harrison and I'd just like some professional advice or criticism on my work I've been using digital art for a while actually this year I want to know from your point of view is there anything I can improve in this picture thank you so much. I'm just trying to get better at my craft and not afraid to ask for help thanks agian
The design looks interesting. Maybe you can add darker shades and highlights to give more form to this character but it depends on your art style. Right now, it seem to be missing a focus point and the text is in a weird placement. I am not sure where to start reading the text., is it from top to bottom or from left to right.

It's red from left to right and then the top. And I agree on the shades and highlights I had some speculations of my own on it do but wasn't sure on how to improve thank so much for your help I aim to get better so your input helps a lot thank you

Response to Advice 2016-02-22 01:09:32

At 2/19/16 07:57 AM, StevieHarrisonIII wrote:
At 2/19/16 12:41 AM, Black-Crystal wrote:

You seem to understand muscular anatomy, and if there was any criticism or observations I could give you it would be that the hands look very flat, almost jagged; they should have some depth and shape to them (i.e, if the hands were facing straight then the base of the thumbs wouldn't be sticking out so much). Otherwise good luck in your quest to improve