00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Darkshark183 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Spooky Time.

626 Views | 20 Replies

Spooky Time. 2016-02-11 17:11:42

What's the spookiest shit that ever happened to you? What's that one super spooky thing that happened to you that gave you the fucking chills (if you have one).

I remember when I was like 11 or 12, I was at my sister and her husband's house. Everyone was asleep and I was awake in the living room. They had this plastic bag sitting on their kitchen table that wasn't moving at all. At one point I turned around on the couch to look at something on the table when I saw the bag just start moving towards the edge of the table until it fell off. There wasn't any windows open in the house or fans blowing.

It freaked me out pretty bad and for the rest of the time they lived in that house I felt really uncomfortable being in that living room alone. But the scariest thing was that when this was mentioned to them, they said that similar things have been happening recently that was creeping them out a little too.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-11 17:49:19

I experienced same thing, but i dont freakout and investigate that black plastic bag and there is nothing in there and start thinking what the fuck, soon after it trash bin near i take that plastic bag start to shaking in that moment i already know this thing is a rat who make this trouble, just to make sure and check that trashbin. Guess what.. A rat jump out and shocked me.
Happen in the kitchen at 2pm when i trying cook instant noodle in low light make me little bit paranoid that night. Hmm but i sure have experience worse

Ohayƍ - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa

Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-11 18:41:55

That one time I had sleep paralysis. Where for a moment all I could see and hear was TV static.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-11 19:44:08

The single most terrifying thing that ever happened to me happened when I still lived at home. One night around 2am when everyone was in their rooms sleeping there was the most blood chilling, fucking god awful female wail that came from the top of the stairs. It was loud enough to wake everyone in the house and we all darted out onto the landing at the same time. Never figured out what it was but just thinking back to it gives me serious chills. I never want to hear that sound again, my folks haven't heard it again in the many years since so I guess that's a positive.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-11 20:26:44

At 2/11/16 07:44 PM, Pink-Ninja wrote: The single most terrifying thing that ever happened to me happened when I still lived at home. One night around 2am when everyone was in their rooms sleeping there was the most blood chilling, fucking god awful female wail that came from the top of the stairs. It was loud enough to wake everyone in the house

Damn. That's horrifying.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-11 20:28:47

At 2/11/16 06:41 PM, Painbringer wrote: That one time I had sleep paralysis. Where for a moment all I could see and hear was TV static.

God. I'm so thankful I've never had sleep paralysis... yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-11 20:38:49

At 2/11/16 08:35 PM, abbuw wrote:
At 2/11/16 08:28 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote:
At 2/11/16 06:41 PM, Painbringer wrote: That one time I had sleep paralysis. Where for a moment all I could see and hear was TV static.
Sleep paralysis isn't that bad. I personally think it's pretty comfortable. If you try hard enough, you can break out of it.

Really? Everything I've ever heard about sleep paralysis makes it sound like your living a nightmare.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-11 20:51:14

I consistently get fucked up dreams. One that happened last week ago was me beating somebody over the head with a shovel for stealing something from my garage. I would never hurt an unarmed person that didn't post a threat, and nothing that I own is as valuable as a life, but you know how what would be considered abnormal in reality just feels normal in a dream? It was terrifying to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-11 21:01:40

At 2/11/16 08:51 PM, FinaLee wrote: I consistently get fucked up dreams. One that happened last week ago was me beating somebody over the head with a shovel for stealing something from my garage. I would never hurt an unarmed person that didn't post a threat, and nothing that I own is as valuable as a life, but you know how what would be considered abnormal in reality just feels normal in a dream? It was terrifying to me.

Oh man. I've had a few dreams like that before. Some get so fucked up I don't even like thinking about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-11 21:31:46

I HEARD A FUCKING LADY CRYING once when I was all alone at the highest floor of our school back when I was still a 4th grader. The cry sounded like agony and it came from everywhere. The lady sounded like she'd been raped or something like that. The cry echoed through out the floor and into me like it was all coming from inside my head.

We also have a house ghost who doesn't like house helpers.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-11 22:52:05

At 2/11/16 08:38 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote:
At 2/11/16 08:35 PM, abbuw wrote:
At 2/11/16 08:28 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote:
Sleep paralysis isn't that bad. I personally think it's pretty comfortable. If you try hard enough, you can break out of it.
Really? Everything I've ever heard about sleep paralysis makes it sound like your living a nightmare.

If you stay calm during sleep paralysis, nothing will happen and you will go back to sleep.

You might imagine that you see or feel something when you psyche yourself out. Don't psyche yourself out and you'll be fine.

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-11 23:28:59

Most recently I was playing Super Smash Brothers 4 when a man who had a dog's head walked into my room.
I saw it out of the corner of my eye and before I was able to focus on it he vanished.
All I know is he was about eight feet tall and had a greyhound like face.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-11 23:30:53

I get shock/startling moments in dreams sometimes. Wakes me the fuck up. Once i saw the devils face. I was terrified for a good week. The image was implanted in my brain and i can still recall it. (although not as vividly)

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-12 09:28:19

At 2/12/16 08:18 AM, Hoodie wrote: i was haunted by smile.jpg

(

I think I found a cure.

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-12 09:55:17

At 2/11/16 05:11 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote: What's the spookiest shit that ever happened to you?

This is just me being paranoid, but many years ago when I first moved provinces we moved into a really nice new house that used to belong to an old man and his wife. Had a huge yard, wall of shrubs around it, big 2 level garage shaped like a barn while the house was 2 stories.

So first thing, I was a kid and spent most of my time on the basement level, had a TV down there with a mountain of K'nex pieces I'd frequently assemble and destroy. The rest of the time I'd sit on the couch and watch TV or play video games. Really spooky I know. So there was this hallway in the basement that led to a bathroom and two huge spare bedrooms. We never used them ever, and they came fully furnished. It was deathly cold in there and everytime I went to go change the loads of laundry I'd sometimes get this sudden uneasiness, like I couldn't move and my body was telling me to run as fast as I could upstairs. Like something was behind me. This led to...a lot of times, me finishing what I was doing as fast I could, then making a mad dash upstairs and avoiding the basement til someone else came home.

Another thing, the lights would turn on and off randomly sometimes. You'd think it just burnt out, but lo and behold it still worked. I would get yelled at for wasting power a lot. Then there was that time I was bringing my box of K'nex upstairs plus a huge tower I'd put together. ( I had this thing of just wanting to bring my shit with me everywhere) Given it was a lot to carry I took the tower to the top of the steps then went back for the box of parts. When I got back about 40 seconds later, it had been moved into the center of the room over the stairway railing (Which I wouldn't have fit, I'd have to take the long way around through the kitchen) I went to go ask my sister and parents, all of which who were still asleep at the time. So what did it like, teleport?

Then there was that time I couldn't sleep, got up to use the bathroom and wrapped in my comforter walked outside onto the deck and sat down in a lawnchair hoping I'd feel better. I closed the sliding glass door behind me and woke up in my bed, again, no one knew anything about me being out there in the morning. You could attribute this one to sleep walking but I've never done it before even to this day.

Oh and I forgot to mention earlier, but the old couple who used to live there were deceased, So we attributed all the weird shit to that, even if ghostly encounters and all that are likely bullshit and I've pretty much given up on any of it being real besides what I experienced and my family mentioned.

Master of questionable life choices

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-12 10:05:56

At 2/11/16 08:26 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote:
At 2/11/16 07:44 PM, Pink-Ninja wrote: The single most terrifying thing that ever happened to me happened when I still lived at home. One night around 2am when everyone was in their rooms sleeping there was the most blood chilling, fucking god awful female wail that came from the top of the stairs. It was loud enough to wake everyone in the house
Damn. That's horrifying.

I know right, hands down the most scared I have ever been in my life from something unexplained. A friend of mine was living with us at the time and we both refuse to talk about. When I think back I can still hear the sound so clearly, I don't think I want to know what it was. A lot of people don't believe me so it's good to have witnesses to back up the story even if no one wants to remember that shit.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-12 10:18:09

Another amusing thing now that people are mentioning wailing. I once while living with some room mates for a few months had a dream I was being chased by the ski-free yeti. I had reached the bottom of the mountain and there was a park bench and green grass maybe 20 feet ahead of me. I was running towards it but felt myself moving really slowly, I knew I wouldn't be able to make it. When I looked behind me, I could see the Ski-free yeti staring me down not 10 feet away. So I turned to face him as he charges towards me and began uttering the words "If you can't make it, then you'LL F-U-C-K-I-N-G- DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!"

So I wake up, and i'm still yelling, like louder than I ever yelled. There are like 6 people in this house and it is 6AM, They all heard me. Room mate comes downstairs to confirm I'm not dying or crazy and returns to sleep. Fun times.

Master of questionable life choices

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-12 10:32:08

Like ghosts can scare me. Meh,I think it would have to be when I was 12 years old..I woke up during midnight and heard what seemed like a creepy robotic old lady voice saying my name. I got freaked out a little bit and went back to sleep.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-12 16:03:19

At 2/12/16 01:17 AM, Homicidee wrote: All I felt was my heart beating beating, and beating constantly. I stood up from my bed scared as my heart beat faster. I honestly thought I was done for. For some odd reason It calmed down. I went to sleep and woke up worse then before. I went to the doctor again he then told me I now have gastroesophageal reflux disease!

Wow. That's awful.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-12 16:21:35

At 2/12/16 09:55 AM, MinatoArisato wrote: It was deathly cold in there and everytime I went to go change the loads of laundry I'd sometimes get this sudden uneasiness, like I couldn't move and my body was telling me to run as fast as I could upstairs. Like something was behind me. This led to...a lot of times, me finishing what I was doing as fast I could, then making a mad dash upstairs

I got that exact same feeling A LOT when I was younger. We used to have a long hallway that had only one light switch at the begining of it, and every night I went to bed, I had to turn it off before I walked down it.

Like 80% of the time I ran down the hall cause I always got that uneasy feeling of something chasing me.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooky Time. 2016-02-12 16:30:24

At 2/12/16 10:32 AM, MetalCanon wrote: Like ghosts can scare me. Meh,I think it would have to be when I was 12 years old..I woke up during midnight and heard what seemed like a creepy robotic old lady voice saying my name. I got freaked out a little bit and went back to sleep.

Aw man! That reminds me of all the times I've been asleep and suddenly woken up because I swear I hear someone calling my name, but then I sit up and look around and I'm just alone in my room.

That's happend to me a bunch and every time it does its hard to go back to sleep.

BBS Signature