00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artists Needed...

695 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Artists Needed... 2016-02-10 10:51:28

Hello fellow artist, today I'm here to ask for anyone to reach their hand out to help me with this project. the more help the better...

Why the help?
To be frank with you, I've found that the project will take far too long to complete by myself. This is where you guys come in, people who not only know 3d animation but also will make the pace of the project go faster then what I could do by myself, but I've never reached out to any community forums for help before, so I'll have to see how this goes...

That's sounds great! but what is this project?
Well firstly, the project itself is a short CG sonic the hedgehog animation. to sum up the story, Sonic interacts with props (for example: plants, water, gym equipment, and even a chao!) and then reacts to them. If you couldn't tell its not like what most animations on this website are like, but it does give people the chance to add a lot of depth to the animation itself since its plot isn't much...

Alright I'm in what do I need to be able to join the project?
♦ Already have a basic concept on 3d CG, animation or rendering
♦ Know how to use Blender, Maya, 3d Max, or any other 3d software that can easily transfer animations from one
3d application to another
♦ Can model, rig, or place objects and other props in a scene (note: this is more of a concern as of now because I don't
have that many props or models rigged as of yet so doing this will make animation go by faster!)
♦ Able to work a reasonable amount of time (as to not slow everyone else's progress)
(note: personal maters is an exception to this rule, just make sure your still able to make the quota)
♦ Have some type of portfolio to showcase ether decent artwork or animation that shows you have what it takes
♦ And finally being active! (I can't have people that won't respond to the forum in a timely fashion)

Additional needs
♦ Being well versed in sound effects
♦ Able to edit and compile multiple files into a video
♦ Knows the in's and out's of Photoshop or any professional photo editing software (very important for compiling multiple render photos into one)
All scenes made, models rigged/made, or animation made must ether be put in to a file cloud and emailed the URL of the file or by privet message, or be emailed at goldbrickgamers@gmail.com as this keeps others from stealing work for purposes other then this project, though your can post pics of your progress to the post or publicly.

I know having these requirements is a bit taxing for a site like this, and I'd be better off with asking a 3d animation form, but I thought that the people who regularly browser and post on this website might be some of the most creative people that I know!

I don't have what is takes to meet this requirements, but I still want to help!
If you still wish to still be part of this project even though you can't do any 3d work, video or photo editing, your still welcome to post ideas and such in the forum, all ideas and work is welcome, so express yourself!
(though not all work or ideas will be accepted in the final production as it would be far to big it have every idea, so post ideas that you think would further benefit for the project.)

Thanks for reading, more details on the project will be given out later, as I'm very excided to be working with each one of you! If this interests anyone, feel free to write in the forum, responds from me will vary depending on the time of day, so be patient with me, thanks XP

I await your response...

Artists Needed...

Response to Artists Needed... 2016-03-02 20:33:46

I'm not the best artist or know much about 3d.hell,I probably suck for the job but I'm willing to give anything a try! :3

Response to Artists Needed... 2016-03-07 20:29:36

At 3/2/16 08:33 PM, howlinwolf23349 wrote: I'm not the best artist or know much about 3d.hell,I probably suck for the job but I'm willing to give anything a try! :3

Cool! you able to draw at least? Any help is much appreciated thanks! :)

Artists Needed...

Response to Artists Needed... 2016-03-07 20:40:39

I'm still learning to draw but I'm willing to give it a chance! :3

Also I'm forming a group for animation and want to know if you're interested in joining?

Their are 6 people in the group already and some others want to join as well.

It won't be a full on animation but it'll be a animatic.

So what going to happen is that we'll take turns to produce animation,shorts,ect

Also what's great about that is that by the time your turn comes around again you should have time to write and draw something

Also if you create it you're the boss of it and get the final say.

What do you think? :3

Response to Artists Needed... 2016-03-08 11:15:52

At 3/7/16 08:40 PM, howlinwolf23349 wrote: Also I'm forming a group for animation and want to know if you're interested in joining?

sure, just shoot me the link to the group...

Artists Needed...

Response to Artists Needed... 2016-03-08 13:10:33

So... basically you need a multi-talented, fully trained in various fields artist, that can devote a huge chunk of their time to help you with this project of yours... for free.

Response to Artists Needed... 2016-03-08 15:22:37

AOkay,here's the reason I want a group because it'll make things easier and mostly I want to make a channel with different kinds of animation. We're not only going to be doing my thing.so,what we're going to is rotate and take turns.Let's just say you want to do a serious with a over arching story so everyone in the group will help and then on to the next person so by the time we come back around to you should have another story written,ect and if you need help with the writing we'll all pitch in

So far their ten people but I'm probably wrong because I have too many messages to answer but soon I'm going to do a head count.

My Skype is howlinwolf23349 or Randall flagg

Response to Artists Needed... 2016-03-08 22:28:04 (edited 2016-03-08 22:30:18)

At 3/8/16 01:10 PM, Spoonardo wrote: So... basically you need a multi-talented, fully trained in various fields artist, that can devote a huge chunk of their time to help you with this project of yours... for free.

what's wrong? you make it sound like I'm asking too much...

Artists Needed...

Response to Artists Needed... 2016-03-08 22:29:34

At 3/8/16 03:22 PM, howlinwolf23349 wrote:

:the time we come back around to you should have another story written,ect and if you need help with the writing we'll all pitch in

cool, will see what you have in store for me...

Artists Needed...

Response to Artists Needed... 2016-03-08 23:08:48

At 3/8/16 10:28 PM, GBgamer wrote:
At 3/8/16 01:10 PM, Spoonardo wrote: So... basically you need a multi-talented, fully trained in various fields artist, that can devote a huge chunk of their time to help you with this project of yours... for free.

Sorry for being blunt, but you are. The amount of work, experience, and time required that you are asking for is quite a bit for a free project. I'm not saying it's not possible for you to find help. Your standards are just way too high for the type of help and stipulations you are asking for without giving compensation. You will most likely only get help from newbies looking to get experience. Who knows? You may luck out, but I just wanted to clarify your situation. Maybe if you showed more of a solid plan of what you're making, and what you're contributing to the project? Anyways, good luck.

Response to Artists Needed... 2016-03-09 07:52:50 (edited 2016-03-09 07:53:52)

At 3/8/16 11:08 PM, Spoonardo wrote:
At 3/8/16 10:28 PM, GBgamer wrote:
Maybe if you showed more of a solid plan of what you're making, and what you're contributing to the project? Anyways, good luck.

you know, I do have a plan but because I've never asked for help like this before I thought to see what would happen if I was to write on this forum. And thanks for the advise, I will take it to heart...

Artists Needed...