00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Windows 10 has spyware....

2,031 Views | 19 Replies

if you don't believe me, there are a thousand different sources on google that will say it...

here is a quote:

"Microsoft's terms of use that you might want to read:

We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to."

What do you think, would you use it?

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-09 17:58:36

At 2/9/16 05:53 PM, Vixuzar wrote: Windows 7 is bliss.

but you know @Ragnarokia said that " they are likely to just force windows 10 in a week rather than constantly hound you for asking to update to windows 10 every day" in his thread....

so I guess... disable windows updates? :D

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-09 18:24:53

What makes you think that it's possible Windows 7 doesn't have any spyware? You know those tablets that you use? They have spyware too. Everything that you use has spyware in it. Even your toilet has spyware in it to watch you bath. Even your shower has spyware in it to watch you pee.

Just don't do anything illegal, and you'll be fine I guess.

BBS Signature

At 2/9/16 06:33 PM, Centaurora wrote: If you don't have anything to hide, why would you care?

I think a large amount of people would dislike their pictures (like photographs of when I was a kid) being private.

BBS Signature

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-09 19:09:32

At 2/9/16 06:24 PM, Monster64 wrote: Even your toilet has spyware in it to watch you bath. Even your shower has spyware in it to watch you pee.

You bathe in your toilet?

Isn't it illegal to install cameras in restrooms? Not that that stops people, but just sayin'.

And yeah I've been places where there were notices on the restroom doors that they have cameras in the restrooms quote unquote "to prevent theft" -- seems illegal as hell though.

Seems like some security guy would be jerking off to everyone pissing and shitting.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-09 19:11:46

At 2/9/16 05:58 PM, belthagor wrote:
At 2/9/16 05:53 PM, Vixuzar wrote: Windows 7 is bliss.
but you know @Ragnarokia said that " they are likely to just force windows 10 in a week rather than constantly hound you for asking to update to windows 10 every day" in his thread....

That is legally impossible because you would have to manually agree to a new TOS, so an automatic update isn't an option for them.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-09 19:19:49

I have properly domesticated Windows 10. Madobe Touko is now fully obedient, and informs me when the terrorists try to get her to spy on me. Damn terrorists, hating our freedom! Its just because we have FREEDOM that they fear us and try to invade! She serves me, body and soul now. Her innate skill makes her aware of all spy efforts and she is trained to completely prevent the enemy from STEALING OUR FREEDOM.

I still like how Madobe Nanami was so easy to domesticate. She is my favorite. Docile and obedient, polite and hard-working. She is a role model for future OS.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-09 21:09:11

At 2/9/16 07:09 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 2/9/16 06:24 PM, Monster64 wrote: Even your toilet has spyware in it to watch you bath. Even your shower has spyware in it to watch you pee.
You bathe in your toilet?

Isn't it illegal to install cameras in restrooms? Not that that stops people, but just sayin'.

And yeah I've been places where there were notices on the restroom doors that they have cameras in the restrooms quote unquote "to prevent theft" -- seems illegal as hell though.

Seems like some security guy would be jerking off to everyone pissing and shitting.

Well if someone's really persistent in trying to get you arrested, they could get your excrements out of your pipes and plant it somewhere inappropriate.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-10 06:23:59

You know you can turn a lot of that stuff off right?

BBS Signature

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-10 06:26:16

plot twist: windows 10 IS spyware

dun dun dun

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-10 06:54:08

At 2/10/16 06:23 AM, NeckbeardsWorstEnemy wrote: You know you can turn a lot of that stuff off right?

You know you can't turn all of it off right?

You know even of some of the stuff you "can" " turn off", some of it will automatically turn itself back on later anyway right?

You know even to gain the privilege of turning some of the stuff off you need Professional or above versions of Windows 10, and even at that you have to go through huge workarounds right?

At 2/9/16 07:23 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Eh? I think the term all yer folks were looking for is backdoor.

Spyware isn't incorrect terminology. A backdoor is a kind of spyware. And spyware is a kind of malware. So it's totally fine to say modern Windows comes with spyware, that it comes with backdoors, or that it's bundled with malware. All are correct and true statements.

It is also correct and true to say that it does not respect your privacy and that if you value your privacy you should probably use something else.

It is also correct and true to say that sometimes there are backdoors in the hardware itself as well, and not just the operating system. Unfortunately there isn't really any one way to go about detecting these.

Wondering where all the poops go when you flush the toilet...

To poop heaven. They get little poop halos and poop wings. Mr. Hankey from South Park is in actuality Poop Santa Claus.

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-10 12:41:25

At 2/9/16 05:58 PM, belthagor wrote: but you know @Ragnarokia said that " they are likely to just force windows 10 in a week rather than constantly hound you for asking to update to windows 10 every day" in his thread....

Or just not install or uninstall and hide the updates that add Windows 10 nagware and the telemetry bullshit.

BBS Signature

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-10 12:49:50

I got windows 10 and i enjoy it. Im not gonna doubt they have spyware on it, but as some people have already said.... "If you have nothing to hid then its not a problem.".

Personally, i wouldn't mind if they took a look at how fab i am. ;)

I like to impart words of wisdom onto people, but most of the time I hardly know what I am talking about.

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-10 13:24:35

I wouldn't be surprised if every electronic device has some kind of bug/spyware device in it. But at this point I really don't care.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Anything that has a TOS or EULA has spyware. We can do nothing about it except hide in a cave and only use stones sticks and tree limbs for use. If you have a cell phone, or a computer and download any app or program. You can say hello to spyware.

It is all here to stay. So stay unplugged to stay away from spyware. ;)

If you are not playing the game, then you are letting the game play you. Twitter: @Hypnotikid

BBS Signature

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-11 04:34:45

At 2/10/16 06:23 AM, NeckbeardsWorstEnemy wrote: You know you can turn a lot of that stuff off right?

Or soo you think

dun dun DUUUUN

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-11 21:03:42

I don't really mind. As long as it doesn't give me problems, I'm okay with it.

BBS Signature

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-11 23:26:19

At 2/11/16 10:41 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Pine A64.

Want.

Too bad I missed the Kickstarter. Now I need to wait a year for them to actually sell them.

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-12 06:34:36

Feds haven't come knocking at my door since i've installed it and it's been months, guess i'm not important enough.
At first i was on the same boat as you but then i got worried that they'd end up forcing me to install anyway so i did it myself and i'm alright.

for now
At 2/10/16 01:24 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if every electronic device has some kind of bug/spyware device in it. But at this point I really don't care.

Oh they do, especially sex toys.

they're collecting our juices for cloning
Clone Wars

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Windows 10 has spyware.... 2016-02-12 07:06:56

At 2/11/16 10:41 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Until you could build your own device, pretty safe to assume that the possibility of corporate and 3rd-party built technology will have backdoor in them. Closed source makes it worse. At least with open source you can compile your own code, hunt for bugs and patch the better code in there. Closed source technology is hopeless.

Well, yeah. If you haven't personally designed and created your own piece of hardware which you've programmed and are using, then you can never 100% know that it doesn't contain some hardware backdoors, regardless of the software. Open source software is good, but you can have the best most trustworthy software in the world and still have a compromised system due to unknown (to you) hardware backdoors. And there's no way to stop that in all cases short of replacing the hardware itself.

Even if you designed a piece of hardware, but someone else manufactured it, the manufacturer could have slipped in some backdoor modifications. And all of that is strictly at the hardware level. Hypervisor exploits and all that. Basically malware that slips itself in even behind the operating system itself. It might be possible to remedy some of this through firmware updates. It might be possible to remedy via hardware modifications (soldering/desoldering various chips). It might be totally impossible short of replacing the entire hardware altogether.

But from a computer user's perspective, you really just have to take their word for it because effectively there's no way to know.