00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Comics

413 Views | 8 Replies

American Comics 2016-02-04 21:47:33

I've always wanted to be a comic book nerd but feared the price tag, so all my life I've only read Japanese comics (manga) because i knew how to read them for free online
Recently I've found ways to read marvel and dc for free or for cheap and I need help deciding what to read!
There is just so much and its making my head spin

Already reading Deadpool stuff
just started on new 52 Superman

Response to American Comics 2016-02-04 21:52:34

At 2/4/16 09:51 PM, zornuzkull wrote: Read the Watchmen and V for vendetta...

How different are they from the movies?

Response to American Comics 2016-02-04 22:01:02

At 2/4/16 09:56 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 2/4/16 09:47 PM, ChristFlakes wrote:
Already reading Deadpool stuff
just started on new 52 Superman
those are two of the worst titles currently out

in my opinion, i know a lot of people actually like new 52 superman, but i think justice league is much better superman title

I liked deadpool
But then again I've already been conditioned to like him through many con visits where the people cosplaying as him tell me he's the greatest.

Response to American Comics 2016-02-04 22:09:43

what a retard, just buy a comic at a store for like a dollar

Response to American Comics 2016-02-04 22:22:37

I don't know if you're into spiderman or not, but the "Superior Spider-Man" series is possibly the best comic story I've ever read. It was genuinely the first comic series I've ever read that seriously made me want to keep reading it non-stop till the very end. Almost every issue had me in suspense. I'd definitely recommend it if you wanna read a fairly long story (about 31 issues long) that has a really good plot and great character depth.

This was the site a read it on: http://viewcomic.com/?s=Superior+Spider-Man use it if you want to as well (note: if you're veiwing it on mobile, the ads will redirect you sometimes) and I strongly recommend just reading issues 1-31 first.

Or if your looking for a simple, short, and cool story with interesting characters, I'd recommend "Doctor Strange #1 (2015)" as well as 2, 3, and 4 if you enjoyed it. I think Doctor Strange is an underrated character.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to American Comics 2016-02-04 22:33:14

At 2/4/16 10:24 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 2/4/16 10:22 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote: I don't know if you're into spiderman or not, but the "Superior Spider-Man" series is possibly the best comic story I've ever read.
is this ironic

that's widely despised (for good reasons) + slott is possibly the worst writer on marvel's current roster

Oh really? That's weird, cause I absolutely loved Superior Spider-Man.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to American Comics 2016-02-05 04:01:52

If you like the X-Men and mutants in general you might like Marvel's Runaways. Basically a bunch of teens runaway together after discovering that their parents are a part of this evil crime organization called The Pride. You might be able to read it online, I don't know

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to American Comics 2016-02-05 05:37:40

Read Batman: Year One.

You will become a bat.

It's time to get pissed off.

Response to American Comics 2016-02-05 06:02:24

Y: The Last Man

American Comics

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature