00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

im addicted to music production!

1,366 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

im addicted to music production! 2016-02-03 17:13:15

Whenever I got a spare moment I'm either working on a track or making a sound in serum/massive or messing about creating loops. When I'm not doing this I'm watching a tutorial or reading manual bits for my saw or looking up mixing tips. Damn its addicting, guess its better than being addicted to drugs haha. Anyone else the same?

Response to im addicted to music production! 2016-02-03 20:41:15

I'm either making music, browsing Newgrounds, or playing rhythm games.
The bad part is that I'm not doing homework.

Response to im addicted to music production! 2016-02-03 21:17:55

At 2/3/16 08:17 PM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: And maybe playing a little Jedi Outcast or Academy on the side every once and awhile.

Nice choice

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Response to im addicted to music production! 2016-02-04 02:36:58

I was like that for a while, now I don't have the time but I wish I could do that.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to im addicted to music production! 2016-02-04 03:27:44

Well, being addicted to crack leads to a broken bank, criminal record and crippling health issues. Being addicted to music making leads to piles of awesome music.

Response to im addicted to music production! 2016-02-04 05:06:27

At 2/4/16 03:27 AM, Biggyzoom wrote: Well, being addicted to crack leads to a broken bank, criminal record and crippling health issues. Being addicted to music making leads to piles of awesome music.

Hahha

Response to im addicted to music production! 2016-02-04 07:31:27

Music production for me heavily depends on emotional and spiritual frequency. That way, I can never be addicted -- because I know I'll have my high points, and most especially my low ones. I'm going through the latter right now.

Response to im addicted to music production! 2016-02-04 09:02:17

At 2/4/16 07:31 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Music production for me heavily depends on emotional and spiritual frequency. That way, I can never be addicted -- because I know I'll have my high points, and most especially my low ones. I'm going through the latter right now.

Same, but maybe more extreme. Sometimes I feel so empty and uncreative, that I don't do anything music related (except listening). In those phases I sometimes play for 5 minutes or so with my DAW until I am frustrated. And then sometimes I feel so enthusiastic that I make music for 8-10 hours straight. So pretty much mood based, too.

Response to im addicted to music production! 2016-02-04 09:15:20

At 2/4/16 09:02 AM, SoTJake wrote: Same, but maybe more extreme. Sometimes I feel so empty and uncreative, that I don't do anything music related (except listening). In those phases I sometimes play for 5 minutes or so with my DAW until I am frustrated. And then sometimes I feel so enthusiastic that I make music for 8-10 hours straight. So pretty much mood based, too.

I understand what you're getting at, and I feel the same. At least, these days, I've been this way. I hope it passes...

Response to im addicted to music production! 2016-02-04 11:30:34

At 2/3/16 08:17 PM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: I go between work and creating music. And maybe playing a little Jedi Outcast or Academy on the side every once and awhile.

oh man, how good are the lightsaber duels in these games?! i give them 10 10/10s out of 10. level 3 force speed + fast saber m8, just chop suckas up for days. also vaporizing people with the disruptor rifle is fun as SHIT. battlefront SUCKS ASS compared to this. seriously, fuck music lets just all play jedi knight instead.

p.s. i am gay

At 2/3/16 05:13 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Whenever I got a spare moment I'm either working on a track or making a sound in serum/massive or messing about creating loops. When I'm not doing this I'm watching a tutorial or reading manual bits for my saw or looking up mixing tips. Damn its addicting, guess its better than being addicted to drugs haha. Anyone else the same?

No, I have other things I enjoy doing. However if I'm on psycho-stimulants I can sit in a DAW all day and work.
I produced one of my EPs in 2 days.XD Didn't sleep.

Also with watching tutorials, they're so boring, I like hands on learning more, like with a friend beside me who also produces and we exchange tips. I also never know if I should really listen to them, or if following their lesson will make me develop a bad habit.

At 2/4/16 04:56 AM, Lich wrote: I'm like the opposite. I spend minimal amounts of time composing anything due to a lack of ideas and I just end up in Skype calls playing stuff with friends online like all the time at the moment.

I tend to not compose often but study and learn quite a bit and then when do actually make something its usually just testing my skills and applying recently gained knowledge and not for an actual complete track with a lot of effort

Even when I have clipping sometimes, im like "I now HOW to fix it, so its not important I fix it, since Im content with just knowing how"

ultra laziness

The worth of a man can be measured by the length of his reverb, and the girth of his waveform

Thees waveforme iz veri dangerous. Ve must deal vit it. squash

Response to im addicted to music production! 2016-02-04 15:55:41

At 2/4/16 02:28 PM, Rennh wrote: Even when I have clipping sometimes, im like "I now HOW to fix it, so its not important I fix it, since Im content with just knowing how"

ultra laziness

Not really, it could have been "I know how to make music, but I'm content with just knowing how."

Musicwise i spend lots of time creating synth patches, that i will probably never use :) I keep most of them in an idea folder though. I should make some random massive or fm8 garbage giveaway pack.

I watch alot of tutorials, i think are useful but soooo boring and painful to watch^^
Because 90% of the time the person talking seems sooooooooo depressed, as if they are going to cry or kill themselves^^ "Hey guys my name is ... and today im gonna show you how to... kill yourself with a saw aaaaa i dont want to do tutorials anymoaaar"
I get it they are focusing, but monotone voice => monotone tutorials.
All the while creating awesome energetic sounds ahah, that's weird.

Either that or the guy vomits 320987387562389 words per second, spits and burps in the mic.

When i lack inspiration in music i draw something, and vice versa.
If nothing works, taking a short walk outside usually helps. Also chocolate. Chocolate solves everything.

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to im addicted to music production! 2016-02-05 06:46:09

At 2/4/16 10:35 PM, Daru925 wrote: Because 90% of the time the person talking seems sooooooooo depressed, as if they are going to cry or kill themselves^^ "Hey guys my name is ... and today im gonna show you how to... kill yourself with a saw aaaaa i dont want to do tutorials anymoaaar"

lol if i come across stuf fthat bad i wont watch it.

Response to im addicted to music production! 2016-02-05 07:45:43

I too think of production in every free time. Sometimes I watch tutorials, I try exploring different genres and forget to do my study assignments. xP

Learn the Rules like a pro, so you can Break them like an artist.

Sig by homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to im addicted to music production! 2016-02-05 14:55:31

Me too!!! Make music is the best cause I can convey that I feel through it.

I'm a VG and electronic music composer. I can make music/soundtracks for your games,

if you wish to contact me, please message me at keypat.reborn03@gmail.com

At 2/3/16 08:17 PM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: I go between work and creating music. And maybe playing a little Jedi Outcast or Academy on the side every once and awhile.

Holy shit this is literally me right now. I reinstalled Academy a week ago xD

On a note to the thread, I too have been messing around with a lot of music lately! It's addicting!