00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Picarto vs. twitch?

4,918 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Picarto vs. twitch? 2016-01-30 20:38:59

what does picarto have that twitch doesnt for art streams? i know just recently twitch allowed creative stuff on twitch but it doesnt seem like people get much of an audience on there. does picarto have better tools or something?

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2016-01-30 21:21:49

At 1/30/16 08:38 PM, SprayonBerries wrote: what does picarto have that twitch doesnt for art streams? i know just recently twitch allowed creative stuff on twitch but it doesnt seem like people get much of an audience on there. does picarto have better tools or something?

I checked both out and from what I can see, well, it seems that Picarto just has better navigation, (for art), versus twitch? Probably because picarto also is 100% dedicated to art compared to the other one. I mean, from first glance it's just a lot easier to navigate in. Want to see some character designing? 1 click. Etc. Pretty cool site for art. Just doesn't have the same magnitude of people using versus twitch.

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2016-01-30 21:31:22

At 1/30/16 09:21 PM, littleyuri wrote:
At 1/30/16 08:38 PM, SprayonBerries wrote: what does picarto have that twitch doesnt for art streams? i know just recently twitch allowed creative stuff on twitch but it doesnt seem like people get much of an audience on there. does picarto have better tools or something?
I checked both out and from what I can see, well, it seems that Picarto just has better navigation, (for art), versus twitch? Probably because picarto also is 100% dedicated to art compared to the other one. I mean, from first glance it's just a lot easier to navigate in. Want to see some character designing? 1 click. Etc. Pretty cool site for art. Just doesn't have the same magnitude of people using versus twitch.

yeah that seems to be the case, upon some research i guess picarto completely allows nsfw content too. opposed to how twitch will ban you if you draw an elementary school-teir cartoon dick.

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2016-01-30 22:05:00

At 1/30/16 09:31 PM, SprayonBerries wrote:
At 1/30/16 09:21 PM, littleyuri wrote:
yeah that seems to be the case, upon some research i guess picarto completely allows nsfw content too. opposed to how twitch will ban you if you draw an elementary school-teir cartoon dick.

Oh really? Lol. (Picarto also has these

http://i.imgur.com/uTE3geh.png

but as you can see, they're mostly 1 or none. I guess it's just such a weird thing to watch being streamed OR it just doesn't have the fanbase yet.)

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2016-01-30 23:38:56

At 1/30/16 10:05 PM, littleyuri wrote:
but as you can see, they're mostly 1 or none. I guess it's just such a weird thing to watch being streamed OR it just doesn't have the fanbase yet.)

art streams imo are some of the best streams to watch if the person's entertaining. but im assuming it might be a bit abstract to people who arent artists so it hasnt developed that kind of popularity.

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2016-01-31 00:32:02

At 1/30/16 11:38 PM, SprayonBerries wrote:
At 1/30/16 10:05 PM, littleyuri wrote:
art streams imo are some of the best streams to watch if the person's entertaining. but im assuming it might be a bit abstract to people who arent artists so it hasnt developed that kind of popularity.

No man, look at the pic I sent you. There are other stuff in picarto. (Creative writing stream? Abstract drawing stream? 3d vfx stream?) Those are what I meant when I said it was weird to watch it being streamed. Well, that, or it still doesn't have any fanbase yet.

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2016-01-31 12:52:47

At 1/31/16 12:32 AM, littleyuri wrote:
No man, look at the pic I sent you. There are other stuff in picarto. (Creative writing stream? Abstract drawing stream? 3d vfx stream?) Those are what I meant when I said it was weird to watch it being streamed. Well, that, or it still doesn't have any fanbase yet.

oh ok i see what you mean.

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2021-04-16 23:05:19

At 1/30/16 08:38 PM, SprayonBerries wrote:
: what does picarto have that twitch doesnt for art streams? i know just recently twitch allowed creative stuff on twitch but it doesnt seem like people get much of an audience on there. does picarto have better tools or something?

Well, as an artist who draws both nsfw and sfw and a streamer who have already tested both platforms, I can tell you my experience with pleasure!

First I'll talk about Twitch.

I think the problems with Twitch for hosting artists it's :

1. Twitch is a community that hosts gammers most of the time. So they will always will give preference to gammers instead of artists and what people look for is seeing someone playing their favorite game.

2.Twich Politics about nsfw are ridiulously strict! Even in art, they literally don't accept anything, not even soft nude nor suggestive clothes on pinup, anything. Not even sugestive poses on fully clothed characters! I've tried to stream on twitch some time ago and one of my videos were deleted because of their "content" and it was really tame in fact. It was just a drawing of a mermaid with nude breast. They pissed me off a lot and and after that, I didn't wait until they'd ban me, I left twitch.

3.Twitch settings to connect your servers with your broadcasting software are not easy nor intuitive at all. They're a huge pain in the butt! I had to spend almost 3 days to make my stream work on twitch, and all for what, to find out they didn't accepted nsfw. Huge dissapointment!

The advantages of twitch

1. Is popular and has a more stablished communty because it's been there for a good while...but again, gammers have the advantage because said community prefers gammers.
  2. Twitch let you to record your videos if you don't have a software that does it already and conserves your videos on the platform for free. But again, if you're an artists who draws nsfw you'll not be able to draw anything.

And now let me talk about Picarto.

The advantages of Picarto:

1. It is a site build up by artist to host artists! So if you are an artist you'll find good audience because the community on picarto is looking for art.
  2. It's a site that respects the creative freedom and allows you to draw a wide variety of nsfw content, as long as you tag it as "mature content". Which it's cool because with this tag you keep your nsfw art within the adult eyes, but you can continue to express your creativity in art.
  3. Is a site that works well with most broadcasting software and it's easy to make your settings on it.
  4. It has a very well organized system of tags that allows people who like the kind of art you do to find what they're looking for.

Now the disavantages of Picarto:

1. It can't record videos for free, for that you have to pay. But in my case, my broadcasting software does it for me so I don't need it.
  2. Sometimes their chat room bugs, and their server is oversaturated so you sometimes lose connection.

But they're fixing that by adding more servers lately.

So in conclusion, in my experience as an artist, I feel Picarto is way easier to use and artist friendly, thus more useful to build up an audience than twitch in the case of artists who stream.

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2021-04-16 23:07:12

At 4/16/21 11:05 PM, cephalofille wrote:
Well, as an artist who draws both nsfw and sfw and a streamer who have already tested both platforms, I can tell you my experience with pleasure!

1. Twitch is a community that hosts gammers most of the time. So they will always will give preference to gammers instead of artists and what people look for is seeing someone playing their favorite game.

2.Twich Politics about nsfw are ridiulously strict! Even in art, they literally don't accept anything, not even soft nude nor suggestive clothes on pinup, anything. Not even sugestive poses on fully clothed characters! I've tried to stream on twitch some time ago and one of my videos were deleted because of their "content" and it was really tame in fact. It was just a drawing of a mermaid with nude breast. They pissed me off a lot and and after that, I didn't wait until they'd ban me, I left twitch.

3.Twitch settings to connect your servers with your broadcasting software are not easy nor intuitive at all. They're a huge pain in the butt! I had to spend almost 3 days to make my stream work on twitch, and all for what, to find out they didn't accepted nsfw. Huge dissapointment!

The advantages of twitch

So in conclusion, in my experience as an artist, I feel Picarto is way easier to use and artist friendly, thus more useful to build up an audience than twitch in the case of artists who stream.

bro why are you replying to a post from 2016? to a person who hasnt posted in the forums since 2018 and hasnt posted art on the site this year?

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2021-04-16 23:17:41

At 4/16/21 11:07 PM, Template88 wrote:

The advantages of twitch

bro why are you replying to a post from 2016? to a person who hasnt posted in the forums since 2018 and hasnt posted art on the site this year?

...Excuse me?

Well..I just found it and thought that my personal experience was going to be useful. If not for him, for the other folks who have read this topic.

Plus, no matter the post is from 20216, forum posts never age! :D I'm used to write on forums since I was 10 years old, mate. I know you can write whenever you like if you feel it will be helpful. I've done so in a lot of forums from different sites and nobody ever have complained, au contraire, they have been glad I've replied and bring their topic to life, and they comment on it again.

I honestly, can't get why folks on newgrounds seem to be upset about that, if I took my time to share my experience in order to help, there's anything wrong with it. On a forum in general, the basic rule is, unless they are closed posts, people can keep posting replies to posts.

People complaining about this have only happened to me here on newgrounds....I think you just reminded why I stopped using newgrounds...

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2021-04-16 23:23:44 (edited 2021-04-16 23:26:21)

At 4/16/21 11:17 PM, cephalofille wrote:

The advantages of twitch

...Excuse me?
Well..I just found it and thought that my personal experience was going to be useful. If not for him, for the other folks who have read this topic.
Plus, no matter the post is from 20216, forum posts never age! :D I'm used to write on forums since I was 10 years old, mate. I know you can write whenever you like if you feel it will be helpful. I've done so in a lot of forums from different sites and nobody ever have complained, au contraire, they have been glad I've replied and bring their topic to life, and they comment on it again.

I honestly, can't get why folks on newgrounds seem to be upset about that, if I took my time to share my experience in order to help, there's anything wrong with it. On a forum in general, the basic rule is, unless they are closed posts, people can keep posting replies to posts.
People complaining about this have only happened to me here on newgrounds....I think you just reminded why I stopped using newgrounds...

you fool its called thread necroing and its literally in the rules not to do it (not that i give a rats ass about that) but its more annoying that people are bringing these dead ass threads to the front page that contain people that dont even post to the forum anymore, bumping off threads that are actually relevant to people alive and in the forum. if you want to help people maybe stick to threads that were actually created this year eh? theres plenty of people to reply to that arent hollowed out corpses.

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2021-04-16 23:36:50 (edited 2021-04-16 23:42:14)

At 4/16/21 11:23 PM, Template88 wrote:

The advantages of twitch

...Excuse me?

you fool its called thread necroing and its literally in the rules not to do it (not that i give a rats ass about that) but its more annoying that people are bringing these dead ass threads to the front page that contain people that dont even post to the forum anymore, bumping off threads that are actually relevant to people alive and in the forum. if you want to help people maybe stick to threads that were actually created this year eh?

So wait..wait! This is legit against Newgrounds rules?!! O_O

I'm so sorry then! Is my bad! I'm very embarassed about it.

No need to be rude to me or call me a fool though, I do treated you with respect, and I didn't reply to that topic with a bad intention. it was just a missunderstanding. I found the topic on google results while I was researching on google something about Twitch and I didn't pay attention about when the post was published or how old it was.

Plus, I didn't know that part of the rules and nobody, literally nobody took their time to be nice tell me about that before. Until you did it. I read the rules some time ago when I joined here but never saw that part.

But now I know I'll be more careful and I'll try to reply only on posts that are recent, and relevant to people in this community.

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2021-04-16 23:40:55

At 4/16/21 11:36 PM, cephalofille wrote:
At 4/16/21 11:23 PM, Template88 wrote:

The advantages of twitch

...Excuse me?

you fool its called thread necroing and its literally in the rules not to do it (not that i give a rats ass about that) but its more annoying that people are bringing these dead ass threads to the front page that contain people that dont even post to the forum anymore, bumping off threads that are actually relevant to people alive and in the forum. if you want to help people maybe stick to threads that were actually created this year eh?
So wait..wait! This is legit against Newgrounds rules?!! O_O
I'm so sorry then! Is my bad! I'm very embarassed about it.
No need to be rude to me or call me a fool though, I do treated you with respect, and I didn't reply to that topic with intention. it was just a missunderstanding. I found it on the topic on google results while I was researching something about Twitch and I didn't pay attention about how the post was published or how old it was.

Plus, I didn't know that part of the rules and nobody, literally nobody took their time to be nice tell me that before. I read the rules joined here but never said that part.

But now I know I'll be more careful and I'll try to reply only on posts that are recent, and relevant to people in this community.

its for this reason i wish threads were locked after a year or something. because if somebody was evil they could go all the way back to 2005 or whenever this accursed forum was created and start necroing and at that point like in your situation its more the sites fault than yours. I'm sorry if I was rude to you, im just rather annoyed at the forum and the site lately and i need to take it out on strangers lol

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2021-04-17 00:34:44 (edited 2021-04-17 00:36:04)

2.Twich Politics about nsfw are ridiulously strict! Even in art, they literally don't accept anything, not even soft nude nor suggestive clothes on pinup, anything. Not even sugestive poses on fully clothed characters! I've tried to stream on twitch some time ago and one of my videos were deleted because of their "content" and it was really tame in fact. It was just a drawing of a mermaid with nude breast. They pissed me off a lot and and after

idk what forums you’ve been on but literally anywhere I’ve seen from gamefaqs to deviantart has a rule not to necro threads lol

not only that but from what I understand forums vary from each other and have different etiquette... why didn’t you read them and make sure you’re not breaking any rules?

(edit) sorry I posted too soon I saw that you clarified on that later on!

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2021-04-17 04:50:33

Personally I feel both Picarto and Twitch feel the same when taken as a suppository. That being said twitch is purple.

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2021-04-18 23:24:59

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH WHAT A RIOT iu_282074_5077139.jpg

Picarto over twitch :Y

"In matters of taste there can be no disputes."

BBS Signature

Response to Picarto vs. twitch? 2021-04-19 00:58:32

iu_282142_8035133.webp

What the fuck is picarto?

We do comics, guys! Check it out on Webtoons, and for spanish, check it on Faneo! :3

If you want to know more, check out our Wiki-Fandom ;)

BBS Signature