00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Suggestions About Animation Program

450 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So I've been a member of newgrounds for a week or so, and i want to know what animation software should be recommeded to me.

At 1/30/16 06:53 AM, smugleydud wrote: So I've been a member of newgrounds for a week or so, and i want to know what animation software should be recommeded to me.

There's quite a couple different programs to choose from, like "Macromedia/Adobe Flash," "Toon Boom," "Photoshop," "Krita," and "G.I.M.P.," just to name a few. "Krita" and "G.I.M.P." are free, but there are two things to note. If you use a Mac, "Krita" currently doesn't work with anything older than Mac OS X 10.9. (And you can't image just how much I want to try it out. XD.) As for "G.I.M.P.," its mainly a program used for photo-manipulation. But it does have animation capabilities. It also has an extension called "G.A.P.," which allows you to export your animation(s) as a .swf file. For the free programs, I'd recommend trying either of those out. (Krita over "G.I.M.P., if you can use it.)

For software you need to buy, people here mostly use either "Flash" or "Toon Boom," while animations made in "Photoshop" aren't seen on here too much. So you could download the trial versions of those programs and see which one(s) you like the most. I personally recommend "Flash" and "Photoshop," as those are what I use. I mainly make my animations in "Flash," but am improving my animation skills in "Photoshop." And something interesting to note about those two is that while both give you the option of using frame-by-frame animation in your work, "Photoshop" really pushes you to the limit to improve your skills in frame-by-frame animation, while "Flash" has tweens and a library that you can access to speed up the animation process quite a bit. But I would highly recommend practicing frame-by-frame animation over tweening, as you'll get the best experience in animation that way. I hope this helps. And I wish you the best of luck with your animations. :3.

Response to Suggestions About Animation Program 2016-01-31 06:56:59

Thanks, i will try these out.

Suggestions About Animation Program