00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Diamond-Miner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are Gaming Mouses Worth To Get?

874 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Are Gaming Mouses Worth To Get? 2016-01-29 09:44:53

This is one of those questions were you guys tell me.
Are they worth it?

Response to Are Gaming Mouses Worth To Get? 2016-01-29 10:07:07

Most people don't think about it, but there are different ways to hold a mouse and based on your natural preference one mouse might be more comfortable than another to hold onto. Gaming mice are generally designed to feel better for a specific grip so spending a little more and testing out mice will let you find one that feels better to use over long periods of play. That being said I think the average person won't notice any improvement in play purely based on the mouse they're using so unless you're a hardcore power gamer the difference between a 20 and 50 dollar mouse is probably going to be purely comfort.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Are Gaming Mouses Worth To Get? 2016-01-29 10:26:42

At 1/29/16 09:44 AM, mtnpoo wrote: This is one of those questions were you guys tell me.
Are they worth it?

What mouse in particular? And what games do you intend to play with it?

It can make a difference, but details matter.

At 1/29/16 10:26 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
At 1/29/16 09:44 AM, mtnpoo wrote: This is one of those questions were you guys tell me.
Are they worth it?
What mouse in particular? And what games do you intend to play with it?

It can make a difference, but details matter.

A lot.
MInecraft,
COD World at War
Team fortress 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Garrys Mod
Honestly i play very very wide variety of games. All different types of games really.
And the mouse G gaming mouse.

Are Gaming Mouses Worth To Get?

Response to Are Gaming Mouses Worth To Get? 2016-01-31 21:12:23

I think it is. Not necessary a gaming mouse but one that isn't cheap, though I suppose that usually means that it's designed specifically for gaming. It feels a lot nicer to use a mouse with decent build quality, and I can't stand browsing the web without a mouse that doesn't have a forward and backward button.

I don't think you should buy it specifically for gaming though. It won't improve how you play or anything, but better build quality ls always nice.

Response to Are Gaming Mouses Worth To Get? 2016-02-04 13:38:59

At 1/30/16 12:58 AM, mtnpoo wrote: Honestly i play very very wide variety of games. All different types of games really.
And the mouse G gaming mouse.

For the most part you're not going to see an improvement in your gaming ability just from getting a new mouse. However, the G series mice often come with the options for G keys which you can program to activate different things in games like quickly changing weapons or the DPI (speed of cursor movement). These things can be super useful once you get used to them.

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to Are Gaming Mouses Worth To Get? 2016-02-04 14:11:56

At 1/31/16 09:12 PM, Jolly wrote: I can't stand browsing the web without a mouse that doesn't have a forward and backward button.

*Clicks mouse4 and mosue5* well fuck me, I never knew about this.

OP, I think the only thing to worry about is having enough buttons. I like having 5 buttons, for gaming you can have some good binds on there, for example in CSGO I have them bound to voice chat and smoke grenade.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Are Gaming Mouses Worth To Get? 2016-02-04 14:20:06

At 1/29/16 09:44 AM, mtnpoo wrote: Are they worth it?

Probably. Depends on what game it is like TF2 or something. I have a Logitech G300s which cost like $40 CAD (~$30 USD). Buying other mice costs outrageous prices like around $100-$200.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0