00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Background help

484 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Background help 2016-01-28 23:29:36

So I just finished this one piece that I really like but I'm stuck on what to do for the back ground! I was thinking like a sunset or maybe some northern lights, since its supposed to be an arctic setting. Any suggestions? Opinions?

Background help

Response to Background help 2016-01-29 00:25:07

At 1/28/16 11:29 PM, JumpingJumpluffs wrote: So I just finished this one piece that I really like but I'm stuck on what to do for the back ground! I was thinking like a sunset or maybe some northern lights, since its supposed to be an arctic setting. Any suggestions? Opinions?

Since you mentioned sunsets, you could do those uh... line thingies? I don't know what to call it. ;_;
This type of thing:

Background help

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Background help 2016-01-29 09:29:43

At 1/29/16 12:25 AM, Meowberry wrote:
At 1/28/16 11:29 PM, JumpingJumpluffs wrote: So I just finished this one piece that I really like but I'm stuck on what to do for the back ground! I was thinking like a sunset or maybe some northern lights, since its supposed to be an arctic setting. Any suggestions? Opinions?
Since you mentioned sunsets, you could do those uh... line thingies? I don't know what to call it. ;_;
This type of thing:

I want to say burst. Not quite sure though. But I want to keep the cold arctic feel, so something like that might be a bit too much. Thanks though

Response to Background help 2016-01-29 10:23:36

I want to say burst. Not quite sure though. But I want to keep the cold arctic feel, so something like that might be a bit too much. Thanks though

Oh, sorry. You mentioned sunsets so that's why. :P
You could try some kind of repeating snowflake pattern though. Or also just a giant snowflake in the center.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Background help 2016-01-29 10:24:38

At 1/29/16 10:23 AM, Meowberry wrote:
Oh, sorry. You mentioned sunsets so that's why. :P
You could try some kind of repeating snowflake pattern though. Or also just a giant snowflake in the center.

thats a cool idea actually, thanks

Response to Background help 2016-01-29 11:53:56

Thinking of the aurora borealis, I'm thinking maybe you could do something like Rainbow Road from Mario Kart. It would look simple and colorful but also cold!

Response to Background help 2016-01-29 11:59:24

Try do an image search of things like "antarctica", "arctic", "ice", "ice background", "winter" or "winter background" and see if anything lights a spark for you.

Response to Background help 2016-01-29 16:48:46

At 1/29/16 11:53 AM, Brutalleschi wrote: Thinking of the aurora borealis, I'm thinking maybe you could do something like Rainbow Road from Mario Kart. It would look simple and colorful but also cold!

i like that since the piece is already pretty simple as is thanks!

Response to Background help 2016-01-30 04:25:24

Are those blocks supposed to be ice? A simple snow covered background with some clouds would be a good minimum. It's a start just to keep the overall cool blueish tone you have going.

Buy my book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1686919077 (also available for other countries too, thks ILU <3 )

Response to Background help 2016-01-30 10:10:44

At 1/30/16 04:25 AM, linda-mota wrote: Are those blocks supposed to be ice? A simple snow covered background with some clouds would be a good minimum. It's a start just to keep the overall cool blueish tone you have going.

lol yea I wanted try something different and make the snowflakes looks pixelated. I added some northern lights in the background. But I'm gonna try some different stuff and see what works best. Thanks!

Background help

Response to Background help 2016-01-31 01:12:33

lol yea I wanted try something different and make the snowflakes looks pixelated. I added some northern lights in the background. But I'm gonna try some different stuff and see what works best. Thanks!

Ok bro i like that background there. that's kinda cool there. keep at it!

Buy my book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1686919077 (also available for other countries too, thks ILU <3 )

Response to Background help 2016-01-31 10:28:36

At 1/31/16 01:12 AM, linda-mota wrote:

Ok bro i like that background there. that's kinda cool there. keep at it!

thanks dude!!!