00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Industry 2016-01-25 00:47:16

What way would you guys like to see the industry go towards? These episodic games coming out scare me a great deal, as I'd rather not have to pay to keep playing, although I can understand why a studio would want to do it. Eventually it could become like a manga serialization where you pay 5-10 dollars for a bundle and get more content for 3 or 4 games weekly.

Personally I'd like some more RPG's with less variation in choices, once you realize that "every" choice you make in the game doesn't really have an effect on the final ending the magic for that genre is gone.

Your guys thoughts and opinions?

BBS Signature

Response to The Industry 2016-01-25 07:10:54

I'd like the industry to go back to releasing complete games (no greedy DLC bullshit) without a shitload of bugs that they're going to patch later.

BBS Signature

Response to The Industry 2016-01-26 02:47:59

At 1/25/16 07:10 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: I'd like the industry to go back to releasing complete games (no greedy DLC bullshit) without a shitload of bugs that they're going to patch later.

That has to do with setting unrealistic milestones in production, and that publishers don't really give a fuck how many b level bugs are in a game as long as they aren't super noticeable.

BBS Signature

Response to The Industry 2016-01-26 16:26:54

What I've noticed is that a lot of the big-name Japanese game creators (Shinji Mikami and others) seem to have lost their touch when it comes to making quality games, at least on a consistent level. Not to mention that a lot of Japanese published games developed by their western development teams just seem to suck, like Neverdead or Devil's Third, which makes me wonder if they are even trying anymore sometimes. It's kind of telling that the good Japanese developed games are now either being published by Western companies (i.e. No More Heroes with Ubisoft) or are made primarily for a western audience only. (Madworld, Vanquish)

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to The Industry 2016-01-26 19:31:40

At 1/25/16 07:10 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: I'd like the industry to go back to releasing complete games (no greedy DLC bullshit) without a shitload of bugs that they're going to patch later.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't like all the DLC and microtransations devs seem to think are critical in games now days, I don't mind paying full price for a game if it's completed and quality but what I don't want to pay full price for is a half arsed buggy mess with day one patches from a dev more concerned about bleeding more money out of the player than actually putting out a decent product.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to The Industry 2016-01-27 04:01:04

These are indeed problems shared by all the "Triple A" companies. Warner Brothers especially at the moment if talking about PC gaming, to quote Jim Sterling you shouldn't count them as a PC publisher anymore just like Ubisoft they clearly don't give a shit about the broken shitty games they dump on Steam so we shouldn't buy any.

Frankly there is so much bullshit in the "Triple A" companies right now that it would take ages to mention all of it and even then I might forget things. But a good way to sum it up is that they abuse potentially good ideas and pound them into dust to make profit now rather than a healthy future industry. The sooner all those big name companies fall the better, as then the actual game developers will be free to form their own companies to make actual games again instead of products.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature