00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blackfog105 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

x-files still rules

524 Views | 12 Replies

x-files still rules 2016-01-24 10:29:04

so i just got out of an x-files marathon on the space network celebrating the series revival and there is something i noticed about those old episodes (from before molder left) and that is that they have aged very very well. sure the the monster costumes in some episodes are a little tacky but they hide it well with out being obvious that there hiding its flaws. and sometimes molder and scully can make odd choices for the sake of the story. like moulder choosing to use that sewer grate to cut that worm man in half instead using the gun they showed that he had but for some reason he put away, this is over shadowed by the overall presentation these scenes however.

to the series credit its comedy still holds up and they dont overdose on it. also the dont over explain things if something is better left un explained there not afraid to say the characters dont know and when the do explain things its short sweat and makes sense in that universe.

all in all its still a well done series and although it has its flaws there quite minor and often made up for or hidden. infact the only reason i noticed the flaws above is because i tend analyze shows i watch. people who dont do that definantly wont notice these things and people who do like me wont care the episodes were still very good and well written. as well the flaws in the series are no where near as glaring or as bad as recent clones of there series so i have to say the x-files despite its age its still the top of its genre.

Response to x-files still rules 2016-01-24 10:32:18 (edited 2016-01-24 10:33:19)

I never saw the end... last episodes I remember is when scully had a baby...

please spoil it for me... :D

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to x-files still rules 2016-01-24 11:18:30

Oh please,of course it does.
The music is fancy as well..YES!

Response to x-files still rules 2016-01-24 11:23:20

At 1/24/16 10:32 AM, belthagor wrote: I never saw the end... last episodes I remember is when scully had a baby...

please spoil it for me... :D

i dont remember many episodes from after molder left i think i stopped watching after the scully's pregnant thing to so i looked it up. its a two parter about molder being framed for the murder of a super soldier who faked his death to get him arrested after moulder finds the plans to the final colonization of earth happaning in 2012. after the trial molder is sentanced to death and everyone helps him escape he drags scully to some ruins in new mexico looking for a wise man or something. they fight the super soldier in the ruins evade him steal his car and the millitary thinking molders still inside blows up the ruins and the super soldier. later in a motel molder has a speach about the dead being able to speak with us and with there help there is a chance to stop the aliens. but i could be wrong as i said i dont think i saw these episodes either.

Response to x-files still rules 2016-01-24 13:44:51

i think the only good thing about xfiles was that Ween song and they shouldnt be allowed to film in vancouver

Response to x-files still rules 2016-01-24 14:00:26

At 1/24/16 10:30 AM, Sekhem wrote: yeah, x-files is rad

need to rewatch war of the coprophages

Top episode. I'd say that is when the show realised it could do funny episodes and not lose integrity of the show.

Of course the latter seasons are completely missable though Robert Patrick is always worthy of our attention. Season 1 to 6 were faultless though bar one of two stinkers early on - like that nasa episode. I have to skip it everytime I do an X-files marathon.

Please god let these new ones be good, please.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to x-files still rules 2016-01-24 15:08:11

Just an FYI, I think his name is actually Mulder, not "Molder."

Response to x-files still rules 2016-01-24 15:09:18

What is X-files anyway?

BBS Signature

Response to x-files still rules 2016-01-25 01:24:37

At 1/24/16 03:09 PM, Avery wrote: What is X-files anyway?

Its all source about Paranormal, UFO, Conspiracy, and This.

Ohayƍ - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa

Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

BBS Signature

Response to x-files still rules 2016-01-25 01:33:48

I really want to watch The X-Files but there's too many seasons and I'm lazy. I'm definitely gonna watch the revival when it comes on TV here though

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to x-files still rules 2016-01-25 01:40:39

I use to always confuse the X Files with the Outer Limits and Twilight Zone

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to x-files still rules 2016-01-25 15:26:03

At 1/24/16 02:00 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 1/24/16 10:30 AM, Sekhem wrote: yeah, x-files is rad

need to rewatch war of the coprophages
Top episode. I'd say that is when the show realised it could do funny episodes and not lose integrity of the show.

Of course the latter seasons are completely missable though Robert Patrick is always worthy of our attention. Season 1 to 6 were faultless though bar one of two stinkers early on - like that nasa episode. I have to skip it everytime I do an X-files marathon.

Please god let these new ones be good, please.

yeah i agree the later seasons after mulder left were missable but thats not his replacments fault the writers really werent trying at that point.

i too hope the revival series works out after all its been 14 years they better have something worth the wait and they have some huge shoes to fill. but im pretty sure if they manage to fuck it up heads will roll literaly x-files fans are even more devoted then startrek and star wars fans combined. seriously if someone managed to completely fuck up the long awaited new x-files series after those disappointing movies i think it would not end well for anybody especially the director and writers.

Response to x-files still rules 2016-01-25 15:53:33

They never went into the real aliens, the Gonads.

Formerly penisstar, now so gay that cr0m cries in his grave. The Star Syndickate can suck my balls uwu. Sevenstar is still a pedophile, except older and creepier.