00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RunicPixels just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you play as a female character?

3,422 Views | 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Do you play as a female character? 2016-02-06 14:20:10

At 2/5/16 08:50 AM, TheMadWasp wrote: Eh...not always.

When have you ever seen a white not not aid a female character?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Do you play as a female character? 2016-02-06 21:39:36

I play as female characters for 3 reasons:
1) because thats the only option to play as (ie Metroid series)
2) because i've already played the other male characters first, and I like to see how all the characters play
3) because sometimes the female characters are just flat out better/cooler than the male ones

Its not like theres a right or wrong reason here...

Only when I:
A) really relate to their personality (Example: Zoey from L4D)
or
B) think they're really badass (Example: Gaige from Borderlands 2)

Aside from those exceptions, it feels a bit weird when I play as a girl.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you play as a female character? 2016-02-07 14:47:42

At 2/6/16 09:39 PM, Lionelion wrote: 1) because thats the only option to play as (ie Metroid series)
2) because i've already played the other male characters first, and I like to see how all the characters play
3) because sometimes the female characters are just flat out better/cooler than the male ones

Those are all good reasons to try out a female character. However, some male players will only females when given the choice. That is what I am curious about.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you play as a female character? 2016-03-04 11:17:03

At 2/6/16 09:53 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote: A) really relate to their personality (Example: Zoey from L4D)
or
B) think they're really badass (Example: Gaige from Borderlands 2)

Those are both good times.

That actually question is, if it makes no different to the story, would you play as a female character?

BBS Signature

Response to Do you play as a female character? 2016-03-04 21:08:15

At 2/6/16 09:39 PM, Lionelion wrote: I play as female characters for 3 reasons:
1) because thats the only option to play as (ie Metroid series)

Its not like theres a right or wrong reason here...

I am female, and typically play as a female character, but sometimes I play as a male character, for these same reasons.

I have a female and a male character in Fallout 4 right now. My female character has the most work put into her and her game. I the male is my secondary character.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Do you play as a female character? 2016-03-05 18:52:04

In terms of 'choose your own character'-styled scenarios in RPGs, no. I'd rather play as a male, considering I'm a guy and this blank slate is meant to be me.

But that's not to say I'm against playing as female characters though. Lara Croft from the first six Tomb Raider games, Jade from Beyond Good and Evil, Jen from the PS2 game Primal, Samus Aran from Metroid, Aya Brea from Parasite Eve, April Ryan and Zoe Castillo from The Longest Journey series etc... Doesn't matter what they're like to me, so long as they're well-realized characters with established personalities and they are fun to play as in-game.

Response to Do you play as a female character? 2016-03-06 00:16:18

At 3/4/16 09:08 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I am female, and typically play as a female character, but sometimes I play as a male character, for these same reasons.

I have a female and a male character in Fallout 4 right now. My female character has the most work put into her and her game.

I can understand anybody playing their normal sex in a video game. It just feels right.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you play as a female character? 2016-03-07 12:16:54

At 3/6/16 08:31 PM, Neoncrotch wrote: Yes, if the option is giving to me I will play as a female especially in fighters. That's the life of growing up a gay gamer.

You are the first person to mention that being gay makes you want to play as the opposite sex. I figured I would hear more stories like that.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you play as a female character? 2016-03-07 19:33:38

At 1/19/16 01:38 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Guys, have you ever chosen to play as a female character? If so, why?

I usually play as a female character on my second or third play through of a game if I even get that far.
The only way I would play as a female on my first run would be if a certain class was female only or if the game feature female character as the protagonist (Bayonetta, Metroid).

But to answer the question..yeah, sometimes.

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to Do you play as a female character? 2016-03-08 02:27:42

Depends. If they have better stats, sure.

Love is not necessary, power is the only true necessity.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you play as a female character? 2016-03-08 16:52:54

At 3/7/16 07:33 PM, YenMuffin wrote: I usually play as a female character on my second or third play through
The only way I would play as a female on my first run would be if a certain class was female only or if the game feature female character as the protagonist (Bayonetta, Metroid).

yeah, sometimes.

That seems to be the normal answer. Thanks for your input.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you play as a female character? 2016-03-08 18:29:17

Damn , just like im the only person use female character for trolling pro.

Ohayō - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa

Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you play as a female character? 2016-03-09 11:19:13

At 3/8/16 06:29 PM, KompiButut wrote: Damn , just like im the only person use female character for trolling pro.

That is easy level trolling. If you want to troll, you need style.

BBS Signature