00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How do you like your meat cooked?

3,620 Views | 46 Replies

How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 13:58:33

I prefer well-done myself, I prefer it to be firmer and more crispy. Also just fried fish for my first time (properly after previous failed attempt) and found frying it for longer than "meant to" getting the salmon crispy on the outside and dark orange / caramel like look was very nice and crispy and firm to eat.

People have commented that having food cooked that much "ruins it" as it cooks out a lot of the flavour, but I seem to enjoy the texture.

Now then, obvious sexual innuendo wise, I like my meat to be nice to suck on and rich and flavourful, nice firm meat that still pulses with life as it pleasures the inside of my mouth.

So how about your tastes?

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 14:02:02

When eating steak I like it medium rare, I like a little "juice" an I want that melt in the mouth texture in the middle. Well done for me is too bland and chewy, like eating rubber.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 14:03:02

I prefer it to be raw but not raw enough to kill me.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 14:06:12

Rare is the best. Pink with the juice running out of it like a tap.

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 14:16:07

At 1/17/16 01:58 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: People have commented that having food cooked that much "ruins it" as it cooks out a lot of the flavour, but I seem to enjoy the texture.

People have this weird mentality when it comes to preparing meat: that the way you cook it is either right or wrong. But only the person who is sticking it into their face will know if it's to their liking or not.

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 14:27:37

I cook it til it's cooked or slightly burnt.

This whole red meat thing just disgusts me.

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 14:37:15

Different cooks have different ideas on what each term means. Normally, I prefer medium well. I hate when meat is burnt.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 14:46:12

Bleeding.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 15:18:21

Sometimes medium rare, usually well done. I'm too paranoid over rare/raw meat. I dunno if I'm just a pussy or wut

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 15:52:30

I prefer medium rare myself, there is no substitute. Tis better to err on rare ;)

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 15:58:22

At 1/17/16 02:46 PM, satanbrain wrote: Bleeding.

Seriously, does anybody order raw meat at a restaurant? If so, it is served all red and bloody?

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 17:15:14

At 1/17/16 02:14 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Stew or stir fry. I'm probably one of those weirdo who own a slow cooker for everything-in-stew. Beef and onion stew, pork stew with pepper, chicken, lamb... Because I would like to keep the food from spoiling, so stewing shits with a lot of salt and spice will keep them edible for a week.

I also have a slow cooker, I bought it when I was doing shift work so I could come home to a nice stew.

A stew slow cooking is the nicest smell I have come across so far, I don't know what exactly causes the smell but it is somehow a very comforting smell to have in the house. I tended to pack the bottom with diced meat then add baby potatoes on top with sliced carrots on top of that with chopped onions on the top, then filling the slow cooker with gravy up to the point where the food ends, it did bubble and splash out the top but for that little bit of mess it was so worth it for the taste and especially the smell. Slow cookers are definitely a good thing to use to to cook with, and stew is just always great.

At 1/17/16 02:16 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 1/17/16 01:58 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: People have commented that having food cooked that much "ruins it" as it cooks out a lot of the flavour, but I seem to enjoy the texture.
People have this weird mentality when it comes to preparing meat: that the way you cook it is either right or wrong. But only the person who is sticking it into their face will know if it's to their liking or not.

Indeed it always comes down to how you like the food yourself, like I would never order blue or similar since I wouldn't trust it but if others want to then by all means go for it, I can definitely see why people would like a more juicy "melt in the mouth" texture but I'm more of a firm person myself, might try it someday though.

At 1/17/16 03:18 PM, CiviLies wrote: Sometimes medium rare, usually well done. I'm too paranoid over rare/raw meat. I dunno if I'm just a pussy or wut

This is the main reason why I got used to well-done meat, since when cooking at home I always "burn" food by putting it in the oven or fryer for too long, as in my mind it's better that I burn my food than undercook it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

At 1/17/16 05:15 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
This is the main reason why I got used to well-done meat, since when cooking at home I always "burn" food by putting it in the oven or fryer for too long, as in my mind it's better that I burn my food than undercook it.

Over cooking meat creates carcinogens, under cooking is harmless 99% of the time.
So really, over cooking does more harm than under cooking.

"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius." ~Arnaud Amalric

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 17:57:40

At 1/17/16 03:58 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Seriously, does anybody order raw meat at a restaurant? If so, it is served all red and bloody?

It's actually myoglobin, a protein found in muscles.

I like mine medium-rare, a little cooked on the outside, and a little red/pink on the inside.

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 18:09:35

I prefer my fishes raw, uncooked.

Steak rare or medium rare and my hamburger done medium. Everything else I guess I prefer well done.

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 18:11:18

At 1/17/16 03:58 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

Not only have I, but I usually order extra bread to soak up all the extra "blood".

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 18:12:53

I prefer my steaks medium rare and a some ale sauce goes a long way.

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 18:15:45

Well done.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 18:18:20

I used to go for medium rare but since I eat red meat less often now I usually opt for rare (which also happens to be more nutritious.) When I go too long without something hearty like steak I feel a little anemic, so when that happens I tend to want something a little bloodier.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 20:38:51

I'd say probably medium or maybe medium well. I've managed to get a little less paranoid about undercooking meat and trust myself more and my cooking's been better because of it. haha

At 1/17/16 02:16 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:

Yeah, some people are really proud of themselves for eating something.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 22:48:24

Rarely eat steak but rare if I do.
Salmon goes however with just a bit of lemon.
Everything else fully cooked; I'm not a salmonella fella.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 23:05:06

Personally I like medium rare. But I'm honestly more than fine with well-done myself.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-17 23:54:37

At 1/17/16 11:06 PM, Cordyceps wrote: Barely cooked, and more importantly, very fresh.

So would tearing a chunk of meat out of a still living animal and barely cooking it over an open fire for like 5 minutes work?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-18 03:10:04

The next time I'm out at a restaurant, I'm going to order a non-well done steak, like one with red in the middle. See if it matches the sensation and the taste that have become concrete in my mind.

I've never had "undercooked" steak, and the slow buildup to REALLY wanting to try it is right where I want it.

I bet it will be splendid, then I'll probably worry myself sick thinking I'm coming down with something.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-18 03:23:51

I honestly prefer it raw, it triggers my primal instincts.

Hello I'm draw art and art acessories

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-18 03:25:22

Depends on what meat it is.

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-18 10:21:34

I hate the term " blackened. " When fancy places say that it means they burnt it.

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-18 10:49:52

I like my steak medium-rare so that there is some pink in there, plus it makes the meat chewy.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-18 18:14:13

Rare as fuck. Started out preferring Medium Rare, but found I liked Rare more.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to How do you like your meat cooked? 2016-01-18 18:19:41

I no longer eat meat but back when I did anything beyond medium-rare was considered blasphemy.