00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

We The People: The best and worst

430 Views | 3 Replies

We The People: The best and worst 2016-01-16 21:13:31

So, had a thought yesterday after signing a petition at whitehouse.gov and looking over some of the others: Why the hell don't we have a topic about this on NG? Then I had a second thought: Why the hell don't we have a topic about this to showcase the best and worst of these attempts at grassroots democracy in action? Now we do!

The purpose here is less about debating any one specific petition (though feel free to of course) but more about looking at the site overall....and let's be honest, laughing at a lot of these things like we do at the train wrecks that are American Idol auditions. For those that don't know, Here's the link. Now get cracking and find something that interests you! Also, if you see one you'd actually like to sign yourself and promote here (within reason guys, one post with a link, then let it stand) you can feel free to do that as well! Trying to inject a little more fun around here while still staying "on topic".

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to We The People: The best and worst 2016-01-17 09:01:56

Reform the tax system by eliminating the tax code and start from scratch.

Through our tax system the people pay 40% of their income to the government every year, simply through the Income Tax. Even if you think the government does everything right and are okay with giving them 40% of your income every year, you should still hate our tax code.

It is confusing and it needs to be changed. Eliminate it and start it from scratch with a simple bracket to understand, or institute a flat tax. Either way around, it needs to be fixed.

Response to We The People: The best and worst 2016-01-17 19:13:48

This one was about mandatory vaccines. Here's the original text (there's a response too if you care to read it, god knows the signatories probably didn't):

"PROHIBIT ANY LAWS MANDATING THE FORCE AND REQUIREMENT OF VACCINATIONS OF ANY KIND. "

Because nothing says "take me seriously!" like all caps and a one sentence petition.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

미국은 일본왕실 보관 한국 약탈고문서 20만권 반환을 촉구하라. US required to urge Japan to return illegally captured ancient Korean history books

edit: this one is even better:

"This Petition calls for the Federal Government to conduct a High Altitude Nuclear Explosion (HANE) of a Hiroshima type atomic bomb over Raqqa, Syria in order to completely and totally deter all threats posed by the ISIL terrorist group, and to Make America Great Again."

BBS Signature